IGNORED

Would You Be Willing To Go To Jail For What You Believe?

RustyAngeL

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

I know it sounds like a simple answer.  It really is I guess a  Yes or No answer.  But what of the consequences?  It could involve loosing your home,  job and maybe even family and friends.  In other words are you willing to  stand alone for your beliefs willing to go to jail or worse?

I know there are a few people in my life that would not want anything to do with me if they knew how I felt about things that are black and white in the Bible.  I had to ask myself how far would I go to stand without faltering in what I believe and I have to admit to you I struggled on some things.  Not whether they were right or wrong but about  how far I would go. It can get kind of lonely out on that  limb all by yourself.  What about you?  Please think about it very carefully before answering.

Because He Lives!! RustyAngeL

"Yes" I will go to prison ~~it is happening to so many people already ~~~Do we pray often enough for them? Amen please Lord Jesus come soon!

Revelation 2:10

Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and for ten days you will have tribulation. Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Of course I would give my life for Christ.He sacrificed His life for me.How do you think this will happen in the U.S.?What are the incidents of those in the U.S. who have already been imprisoned or killed for their Faith in God?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

How do you think this will happen to Christians in the U.S.?

As I said bopeep several have been murdered already.  One was in Texas.  So yes it is happening here in American.  Not on the same scale as in other countries but it is  happening.  Read the papers.  It is really happening.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

We might say we would be willing to die for Christ, but we don't know how we will respond until it is time to cross that bridge. The conversation between Peter and Jesus in Matthew 22 comes to mind. Peter was quite sure he was willing to die for Jesus. Instead, he denied he even knew him.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

As I said bopeep several have been murdered already.  One was in Texas.  So yes it is happening here in American.  Not on the same scale as in other countries but it is  happening.  Read the papers.  It is really happening.

Can you give me some news stories of how these incidents have happened?Were these people attacked in their homes?Shot on the street because of their Christianity?I could see someone going into a Church and gunning down the whole congregation unfortunately.I am very confident that I have God's hand of protection all around me.My faith is strong and I will not live in fear.Satan loves fear.

Guest Butero

If it came down to it, I know I would.  I can see instances where I could easily go to jail for contempt of court for refusing to obey a court order to do something I feel is wrong in the eyes of God.  I try to follow the law in most cases, but I do have lines in the sand I refuse to cross. 

• Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.72
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

Would you be willing to go to jail for what you believe in?

Yes. 

Rosa Parks stood up for what she believed in on December 1, 1955 and went to jail for it.

The apostles did the same for Jesus.

It was very hard, but they did it with the help of Jesus.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

We might say we would be willing to die for Christ, but we don't know how we will respond until it is time to cross that bridge. The conversation between Peter and Jesus in Matthew 22 comes to mind. Peter was quite sure he was willing to die for Jesus. Instead, he denied he even knew him.

We have something now that Peter did not have when he denied knowing Jesus, the Holy Spirit.  It isn't about us personally, it is about His strength, and when the time comes for us to face such a decision that is where we had best look for strength.  When Peter faced his death later on, he did so without reservation.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Can you give me some news stories of how these incidents have happened?Were these people attacked in their homes?Shot on the street because of their Christianity?I could see someone going into a Church and gunning down the whole congregation unfortunately.I am very confident that I have God's hand of protection all around me.My faith is strong and I will not live in fear.Satan loves fear.

The young lady who was killed at Columbine comes to mind.

I don't see a mass, conspiratorial mass killing or persecution/imprisionment of the Church prior to the Rapture, in America. There already is a conspiratorial effort to discredit Christian businesses who refuse to kowtow to the GLBT agenda, and I can see some isolated hate crime murders of Christians. I can't say what I personally do if confronted with such a situation, but I wouldn't deny my faith to avoid it. I might try and change the subject or something like that, but deny Christ, no. As I see it, absent from the body, present with the Lord. So, I have nothing to loose and everything to gain.