• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

We have the authority as the Body of Christ to resist the spirit of 'racism'.  We wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers of the air.  We should be praying against it, not playing the pointing finger game.

• Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

We've got a lot of work to do as people, Christian or not. Beware the enEmy. hE's anything but stupid.

I agree.  Good thing we have the Almighty God on our side.  Though it does seem that he seems to be getting so desperate to work out his deception that he's beginning to show his true colours all the more as the end of his allotted time continues to draw to a close.  Not everyone is gonna be suckered in by his efforts, especially those who deeply abide in the Lord.  I pray that we would all busy ourselves with hiding ourselves in Christ, rather than be swayed by the seemingly logical words of mere men.  God help us all.  I really mean that.

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

So, the current racial makeup of the police department does not match the current racial makeup of the community. Are you proposing the every 10 years, the racial makeup of civil servants must be adjusted to match the community? Are they required to fire white officers to adjust the white to black ratio? I guess we don't care about rewarding those with seniority or dedicated service.

You seem to have missed the point.  Do you have statistics to show that over the years the racial composition of the Ferguson (or any) police force reflected that of the community (gradually but systematically)?  If not, then I have made my point. 

It is not a question of firing white officers but re-assigning them to non-black communities, and for policing black communties the ratio should have been 70% black to 30% white.  Then the issue of discrimination and racism could not be brought up.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

So, the current racial makeup of the police department does not match the current racial makeup of the community. Are you proposing the every 10 years, the racial makeup of civil servants must be adjusted to match the community? Are they required to fire white officers to adjust the white to black ratio? I guess we don't care about rewarding those with seniority or dedicated service.

You seem to have missed the point.  Do you have statistics to show that over the years the racial composition of the Ferguson (or any) police force reflected that of the community (gradually but systematically)?  If not, then I have made my point. 

It is not a question of firing white officers but re-assigning them to non-black communities, and for policing black communties the ratio should have been 70% black to 30% white.  Then the issue of discrimination and racism could not be brought up.

If a city changes its racial make up, how can you reassign officers? They would have to lose their benefits to be hired by another town. They couldnt be reassigned to other areas within that police dept if that city changes its racial make up. It is more racist to kick someone out of their job because they are white than it is to allow them to keep their jobs even tho the neighborhood is becoming blacker.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

if you are a criminal what difference does it make if the cop arresting you is white, black, yellow or red???

More than that, why should I care?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  481
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

"The spirit of racism?"   Racism isn't a spirit.  It's a disgusting attitude.

I concur...

We've got a lot of work to do as people, Christian or not. Beware the enEmy. hE's anything but stupid.

I agree.  Good thing we have the Almighty God on our side.  Though it does seem that he seems to be getting so desperate to work out his deception that he's beginning to show his true colours all the more as the end of his allotted time continues to draw to a close.  Not everyone is gonna be suckered in by his efforts, especially those who deeply abide in the Lord.  I pray that we would all busy ourselves with hiding ourselves in Christ, rather than be swayed by the seemingly logical words of mere men.  God help us all.  I really mean that.

Amen again. I very much agree.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

The heart and soul of America will always be the rural country.  The cancer and rot of America lies within the urban areas.  Why is that?

Racism doesn't exist.  It's an illusion created by media to manipulate and control our emotions.

A long time ago, Americans were taught to respect boundaries and the rights of others.  The counter culture has been taking from the heart and soul of America for a very long time.  It's appetite for more largesse is insatiable and ungrateful.

This growing appetite is self destructive and we are witnessing the implosion of communities that have been devastated by generational poverty.

The problem isn't police brutality.  If you all remember the run up to the 2012 Presidential election, twitter and facebook were exploding with threats of rioting and looting in the urban areas if President Barack Obama wasn't re-elected.  2 1/2 years later, people have found another excuse to riot and the media is all too gleeful to glamorize this violence and mislabel this as a civil rights movement.

Never forget, the Democrat Party is the political party that protected slavery, instituted Jim Crow after reconstruction, and abused minorities for 90 years with institutionalized and state sanctioned oppression.

The conservatives are still trying to clean up after the destructive policies of the progressive Democrats.  Why do we do it?  Because we love our country, we love our neighbors and because we are Americans.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

The heart and soul of America will always be the rural country.  The cancer and rot of America lies within the urban areas.  

Seriously? 

I live now in the 5th or 6th largest city in the country. I have lived in tiny rural towns in isolated areas where cows roamed freely. Ive seen just as much crime and rot in both areas. In fact, living in the little rural town, we had to have dogs in our yard to protect us from thieves. I do not think the heart and soul is restricted to the rural country. Nor do I think cancer and rot is restricted to the urban areas. Evil exists everywhere. You can find people trying to do the right thing in urban and rural areas. 

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

if you are a criminal what difference does it make if the cop arresting you is white, black, yellow or red???

More than that, why should I care?

You should care because the issue has come to the forefront and white policing of black citizens has led to very serious disturbances and deaths, and in many cases police brutality and discriminatory practices. 

Knowing that this was problematic years and years ago, the cities did next to nothing to address this issue.  As far as blacks are concerned any policing by whites is automatically discriminatory and racist a la Ferguson and many other cities (even if the officer did nothing wrong).  

We coud generate a list of such incidents where blacks have blamed white cops for brutality and illegal actions against them.  It is all a matter of perception, but in many cases it is a fact.  I guess you don't remember the Rodney King Riots.  Look it up.