• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Amen, I agree.  I also have to say that I have found at worthy in recent times a whole new level of disagreement that certain posters seem to earnestly wish to propagate, from various directions; that go against the very grain of scripture and looking to turn it up on its head, which they obviously cannot do.  It seems to be a deliberate attack on God's Word.  I bring this to expose the enemy in our midst, that we would check ourselves in alignment with the Holy Spirit.  

Let us not seek to argue with one another, but to agree with God.  The one we should be in disagreement with is the devil, and him alone.

Submit to God! Resist the enemy! And he will flee from us!!!!!!!!

James 4:7[ Humility Cures Worldliness ]

Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Do not give the enemy any opening in your flesh, or he will use it to oppress us, and we know that he only come to kill, steal and destroy - and that he is the father of lies!!! Rather we must crucify the flesh and completely give ourselves to God in agreement and obedience.  

Let our part in aiding the enemy against our own selves stop here!!!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  181
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/15/1975

23 hours ago, thereselittleflower said:

I'm sorry, I may be dense here, but we have to discard what we think so we know so we can believe something else we end up thinking we know?

What if you aren't understanding what you read properly?

Just because a large percentage of people do not "agree" with you, does that make what you say true?

How do you know your view of scriptures is the correct one?     Wouldn't it hurt you if your view actually isn't the correct one?

Amen, I have to completely agree with that statement, which is why I'm asking you these questions.

Why not look at yourself.
Quit asking me if I am wrong.
You think I just make stuff up and try to convince people?
What if you are wrong?  What if you are wrong?
Wow!
Why not just study what is presented instead of arguing.
Have I accused you of not knowing what you think is true?
No.
I have been presenting things so I can give proof to people.  
If others are not receptive, and do not want to be a Berean, then what can I do?
We need to remember that if someone presents something to us, we need to be like the Bereans.
Then we come back and show them where they are wrong.
But first, and foremost, we need to check into what is being said.
Good day... 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,262
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

6 hours ago, Kan said:

So what is that place where everyone has a different view, but Babylon, the epicenter of a multiplicity of false gods? (A cage of unclean spirits).

What does it mean to "come out of her (Babylon) my people..." ? Rev 18. ?

There has to be agreement among God's people. "God is not the author or confusion" - the devil is.

An agreement among God's people isn't necessarily the provable  truth.   There is almost nothing in the Bible that we can prove. That's what faith is all about.  If you've been here for many years you should understand that we can't all even decide what the Bible is saying.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

What is most important is agreement and obedience to God.  The rest will fall in place.

Psalm 139:

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me, and know my anxieties;
24 And see if there is any wicked way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  2

On 1/7/2016 at 5:13 AM, other one said:

An agreement among God's people isn't necessarily the provable  truth.   There is almost nothing in the Bible that we can prove. That's what faith is all about.  If you've been here for many years you should understand that we can't all even decide what the Bible is saying.

Some would even be happy about such a result, because in the end they have caused the Bible to be seen as the source of confusion.

Jesus said "if you continue in my word, ...ye shall know the truth..." John 8: 31 -32.

The differences in doctrines can only be a result of either, the deliberate sabotaging of the enemy, or simply ignorance of the Bible. But be assured, that if people knew their Bibles, not a counterfeit version, they would be united in truth and doctrine, make no mistake about it.

It is a fact that the Holy Spirit brings conviction of truth to the individual, but if that conviction is rejected, then they lay themselves open to manipulation by evil, which is deceptive, because it often allows them to remain with the name of Christianity while following the promptings of the devil. Hence the confusion within circles of believers - because people are not genuinely converted, or continuing in the word as Jesus said we ought.

13 hours ago, Kan said:

Some would even be happy about such a result, because in the end they have caused the Bible to be seen as the source of confusion.

Jesus said "if you continue in my word, ...ye shall know the truth..." John 8: 31 -32.

The differences in doctrines can only be a result of either, the deliberate sabotaging of the enemy, or simply ignorance of the Bible. But be assured, that if people knew their Bibles, not a counterfeit version, they would be united in truth and doctrine, make no mistake about it.

It is a fact that the Holy Spirit brings conviction of truth to the individual, but if that conviction is rejected, then they lay themselves open to manipulation by evil, which is deceptive, because it often allows them to remain with the name of Christianity while following the promptings of the devil. Hence the confusion within circles of believers - because people are not genuinely converted, or continuing in the word as Jesus said we ought.

which Bible to you want them to know and understand.......   they are not all the same, and even all English language Bibles don't have a few things right......    let me ask you a question......    "When Jesus was talking after his resurrection and asked Peter if he loved him three times......    Why did it bother Peter so much at the third question?   Why did he answer so differently?

2 hours ago, other one said:

which Bible to you want them to know and understand.......   they are not all the same, and even all English language Bibles don't have a few things right......    let me ask you a question......    "When Jesus was talking after his resurrection and asked Peter if he loved him three times......    Why did it bother Peter so much at the third question?   Why did he answer so differently?

I don't know, it was weird.

http://www.whiteestate.org/books/da/da85.html

Lately I've been reading from the writings of Ellen G White, who is considered by many SDA's to be a prophet of God, but in other denominations she is not known about and generally said to be a false prophet.

This morning after reading your question, out of shear curiosity, I found and read the story of this incident which was never really clear to me until right now. The above link gives reference to the book called "The Desire of Ages" a book solely about the life of Christ. Do you think it answers your question? See pages 811 and 812.

If you read this story in Greek instead of English, you find that the first two times Jesus asked Peter if he loved him, the word he used was Agape.   That is the kind of dedicated love that God has for us and we are supposed to have for him......   Peters reply was that he loved Jesus only with a different word Phileo.....    which is to say that they friends......    What bothered Peter the last time was that Jesus asked him if he "Phileo" him......     like saying are you really even my friend. A question at a totally different level.

Remembering that Peter had earlier declaring that he didn't even know him.

But you don't get that understanding from reading just the English Text.....

So does that make any real difference in any of our basic beliefs.......    none that I am aware of, but is just a guiding light that because of translation problems there may be things we don't understand.

On 1/10/2016 at 11:42 AM, other one said:

If you read this story in Greek instead of English, you find that the first two times Jesus asked Peter if he loved him, the word he used was Agape.   That is the kind of dedicated love that God has for us and we are supposed to have for him......   Peters reply was that he loved Jesus only with a different word Phileo.....    which is to say that they friends......    What bothered Peter the last time was that Jesus asked him if he "Phileo" him......     like saying are you really even my friend. A question at a totally different level.

Remembering that Peter had earlier declaring that he didn't even know him.

But you don't get that understanding from reading just the English Text.....

So does that make any real difference in any of our basic beliefs.......    none that I am aware of, but is just a guiding light that because of translation problems there may be things we don't understand.

That's interesting about that scene - thanks. I'll be thinking about what you said.

So what you are saying is that truth can lose its initial impact through translation, which could be a reason to question what is 'complete' truth?  I agree.

But others would be inclined to think that the Holy Spirit is effectual through all natural means, despite the irregularities, so that no one is without excuse, as to what truth is.

I know you aren't questioning God's ability, and we don't underestimate the power of conviction, of love, over and above the lack of legible truth.

I think everyone has the truth in the sense that they are capable of loving God, which is a gift God has given the human race through the sacrifice.

So when Pilate asked Christ what truth is, he was looking at the embodiment of supreme love, and could have recognized it and allowed it to hold his heart and mind, but he danced around the love of Christ. He failed to connect by faith/belief. He allowed ambition and the need of reputation lead him away from conviction.

In one sense, there is no such thing as truth apart from the Person of God in Christ for us, is there?

The thread topic could well be "How important is God to you?" Which most people already said.