• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Retrobyter

For that matter,the word would be "reconciled",,,,,,,,anyway,I don't like to be petty,,,,,,,I am certainly"Saved" because I sure needed to be rescued,,,,,,,I don't know about anyone else but everything I read in Gods Word says that Jesus is Lord & Savior     and a Savior "Saves",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

BTW,long time no see,,,,,,,,nice to see you here tonight & God Bless you           With love-in Christ,Kwik               

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, kwikphilly.

Blessings Retrobyter

For that matter,the word would be "reconciled",,,,,,,,anyway,I don't like to be petty,,,,,,,I am certainly"Saved" because I sure needed to be rescued,,,,,,,I don't know about anyone else but everything I read in Gods Word says that Jesus is Lord & Savior     and a Savior "Saves",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

BTW,long time no see,,,,,,,,nice to see you here tonight & God Bless you           With love-in Christ,Kwik               

“Reconciled” is a slightly deceptive word in translation. This is interesting stuff:

The words “reconcile,” “reconciled,” and “reconciliation” in 2 Corinthians 5 are actually from the Greek words katallaxantos, katallagees (verse 18), katallassoon, katallagees (verse 19), and katallageete (verse 20), from katallagee (NT:2643) and katallassoo (NT:2644):

NT:2643 katallagee (kat-al-lag-ay'); from NT:2644; exchange (figuratively, adjustment), i.e. restoration to (the divine) favor:
KJV - atonement, reconciliation (-ing).

NT:2644 katallassoo (kat-al-las'-so); from NT:2596 and NT:236; to change mutually, i.e. (figuratively) to compound a difference:
KJV - reconcile.

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

So, it’s all about an EXCHANGE! about CHANGING MUTUALLY! What’s the "exchange?"

2 Corinthians 5:17-21
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ (who was changing places with us through Yeshua` the Messiah), and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation (the service of changing-places);
19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself (God was in the Messiah changing places with the world), not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation (the message about changing-places).
20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God (change places with God).
21 For he (God) hath made him (the Messiah) to be sin for us, who (the Messiah) knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him (the Messiah).
KJV

What is described in verse 21 was the exchange! 

(1) The Messiah Yeshua` BECAME our sin (on the cross)!
(2) We BECOME the righteousness of God in the Messiah!

BTW, it’s not “being petty” when one is “being precise,” although it seems that “being precise” seems like “being NIT-PICKY” to most. “Petty” means “trivial” or “of little importance.” I hardly think this is a trivial matter!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  415
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

Luke was not an apostle, Mark was not an apostle, Jude was not an apostle.   Should their writings be rejected?

Luke and Mark weren't composing doctrine. They were recording history. Doesn't take an apostle to do that. Jude, the brother of James has no business in the Bible. And twice he quotes as authoritative books which are not reckoned scripture, namely the book of Enoch and the Assumption of Moses. Furthermore he's simply copying 2Peter 2 point for point. 

Shalom, all.

Umm.... Actually, “saved” and “salvation” are the wrong words for what you all are talking about. One should be using the words “being justified” and “justification.” “Saved” and “salvation” are typically words for the RESCUE of God’s people (Israel) when Yeshua` (Jesus) returns.

Let me familiarize you with what the Bible ACTUALLY SAYS:

Ac 4:12  "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."

Ac 16:31  So they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household."

Ac 2:21  And it shall come to pass That whoever calls on the name of the LORD Shall be saved.’

Ro 10:9  that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

Eph 2:8  For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,

1Ti 2:4  who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Ok, so you're saying that these and like verses are referring to " the RESCUE of God’s people (Israel) when Yeshua` (Jesus) returns."?

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Hi & Peace to you also,Brother(Retrobyter)

Thank you for the prayers for restoration,I'm not sure why it is not visible here but it is in my email,,,,,,,Amen & Praise the Lord,yes indeed.......everything is .possible with our Father!!!!!Thanks again

Your post is nicely put,I too refer to Strongs alot,,,,,,it's very good,fast,condensed and precise(imo)....I'm glad you didn't feel I was being "nit-picky" & you understood where it came from,my heart,,,,,,,,,God Bless you,I hope our words Bless someone who longs to hear them,Glory to God............have a wonderful,glorious day!             With love-in Christ,Kwik

Blessings bcbsr

Welcome to Worthy.......are we to understand that you regard the Bible as merely a history book & not the Living Word of God?    Correct me if I simply misunderstood what you are saying,,,,,,,,give Glory to God in the Highest

Let me familiarize you with what the Bible ACTUALLY SAYS:

Also,this is not a "teaching " platform,lets speak kindly & lovingly to one another so we may all reason TOGETHER,He obviously does not need to be familiarized with what the Bible says,I believe that was unecessary......okay?God Bless you

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

James 2

14What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? 15If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 16And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? 17Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

Romans 4:5

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Ephesians 2:8

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

1 Corinthians 3

10According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.11For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Faith without works is dead. He who does not work, his faith is counted as righteousness. However, if none of your work survives the fire when our work is revealed at judgment, you will still be saved though as through fire.

Faith brings good works. The Father sanctifies us, and we begin to sow in the Spirit. Only the works we work in the Spirit (out of worshiping God) will survive the fire.

Keep John 3:16 in mind.

Also keep in mind that there are those who prophecy in His name and cast out demons in His name who never knew Him.

Guest shiloh357

bcbsr,

The  Luke and Mark were not composing doctrine but their writings are profitable for doctrine.   We use those books for doctrine.

So now, Jude AND James are not supposed to be in the Bible??    What other books have you judged not to be in the Bible?   Do you believe Esther should be in the Bible??

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  868
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'

The passage doesn't say these people actually did the things they're claiming to have done.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'

The passage doesn't say these people actually did the things they're claiming to have done.

Good point. They can't have authority from Him if they don't know Him.

I knew that before but I messed up when I was typing. Thanks for correcting me.

Blessings bcbsr

Welcome to Worthy.......are we to understand that you regard the Bible as merely a history book & not the Living Word of God?    Correct me if I simply misunderstood what you are saying,,,,,,,,give Glory to God in the Highest

Don't know how you came to that conclusion based upon what I wrote. But feel free to visit my Bible study site at http://www.bcbsr.com to clear up your misconceptions.

Edited by bcbsr