tigger398

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

I was thinking. I know it's supposed to be a future cashless society and the third temple supposed to be built. Ok um after rapture there is supposed to be a seven year thing. So don't you think it will take more then seven years for cashless society and third temple to be built. Wouldn't you think this would start before rapture.

It is only a presumption that a cashless society is necessary for the Antichrist to take control.  If you think about it, at this very moment, the almost universal use of debit and credit cards is an indication that the world is well on its way to being cashless.  But we are not told how cash or no cash will a factor in controlling the world population. What we do know that the Mark of the Beast will be an absolute necessity when the Beast is in control.

As to the Third Temple (which is not the same as the Millenial Temple) there is already a great deal of progress  (check out templeinstitute.org/events.htm) which has been made towards this. It is visualized below (courtesy Temple Institute)  That does not mean a complete Temple is around the corner.  So to get back on topic the Rapture is not exactly around the corner either.

1146758_10150515150614969_70978704365880

While there are many who believe in a mid- or post-tribulation Rapture, the basic fact that the Tribulation is for the unbelieving world and unbelieving Israel makes it very clear that the Church will be raptured before the Tribulation. 

Again, it is only an assumption that it will be immediately before Daniel's 70th week, but that is not what is stated. There could be a hiatus between the Rapture and the appearance of the Antichrist on the world stage and the beginning of Daniel's 70th week (7 year period).

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  6

I think our world is being set up right now for the 7 year tribulation.We do not know what the time frame is for the rapture and the onset of the tribulation.The rapture can happen at any time.I think that the last person to come to faith has to happen before the rapture.God knows who these people are.He wants everyone to be caught up to the rapture who He knows will genuinely ask Him into their heart.

From my perspective, I believe we do know when the rapture will occur- right after the 6th seal opens up and before the trumpets begin. It seems obvious to me that the rapture is right there in Rev 7: 9-17. No other explanation, like these are trib saints, makes sense to me. I know you don't agree and that is fine. I just wanted you to know that not all of us feel we are in the dark about the timing of the rapture.

So what am I looking for? Read seal 6 carefully- in particular, COSMIC DISTURBANCES AND GIANT EARTHQUAKE!

Come quickly Lord Yeshua,

TM

PS. I'm not interested in some possible cashless society or not. Small potatoes if any at all.

Christians in the Middle East are being persecuted. They are seeing their own wives and children raped and murdered. They are being executed and crucified. They are going through their own private Tribulation. I'm sure they take great comfort in knowing that some people believe that the rapture occurs before the Tribulation - at least they won't have to suffer then!!

Where is THEIR rapture?

Or is the rapture only for privileged Western Christians?

This is a weak and irrelevant argument bringing this up while discussing end times, in particular the rapture. Just because Christians have been tortured many times over many years has nothing to do with the final end times slaughter. Of course we all feel bad for any brother in Christ wrongly killed, but as long as satan has authority and a place in heaven, this will happen. We take some comfort in knowing they have gone to a better place and our at peace with our lord.

And yes, there will be another massive slaughtering going on before Christ returns- worse than Holocaust. The book of revelation reminds us of that.

In conclusion, the Day of the Lord is very very unique.......don't treat it like it is just another day. Trust me brother- the biggest earthquake and the cosmic disturbances that follow will make every else that happened before that seem pretty "small" in comparison. (Again, not minimizing the unjust terror man has forced upon fellow man since Adam and Eve.)

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  2,986
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Christians in the Middle East are being persecuted. They are seeing their own wives and children raped and murdered. They are being executed and crucified. They are going through their own private Tribulation. I'm sure they take great comfort in knowing that some people believe that the rapture occurs before the Tribulation - at least they won't have to suffer then!!

Where is THEIR rapture?

Or is the rapture only for privileged Western Christians?

This is a weak and irrelevant argument bringing this up while discussing end times, in particular the rapture. Just because Christians have been tortured many times over many years has nothing to do with the final end times slaughter. Of course we all feel bad for any brother in Christ wrongly killed, but as long as satan has authority and a place in heaven, this will happen. We take some comfort in knowing they have gone to a better place and our at peace with our lord.

And yes, there will be another massive slaughtering going on before Christ returns- worse than Holocaust. The book of revelation reminds us of that.

Good point, Spockster!

There is a huge difference between the martyrs that are killed before the rapture, and the ones who are killed after, the ones who are not ready when He appears. We see these martyrs in (Rev. 6:9-11, 13:7, 14:13 and 20:4). But the martyrs that die before He comes will be resurrected with the dead in Christ, while the others will enter into the hour of trial (Rev. 3:10). No wonder He warned us all to be ready.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Well, first I would have to believe that the rapture takes place first, which I don't.  I don't because that is not what scripture says.  It also does not say there will be a cashless society.  As for the temple, we are not told when it will be built, only that it will be built in time for the beast to desecrate it, which happens at the midway point of the seven years.

A LOT of people talk about the 'cashless society' that's supposed ro come and, you're right, it's not in Scripture and therefore is not relevant to the timing of the Rapture.

Guest Butero

I personally don't think anything has to happen before the rapture occurs.  There is nothing in scripture that states the rapture will take place at the exact moment before the 7 year tribulation begins.  Some assume that is the case, but it is never stated.  The rapture could take place a decade or more before the tribulation period begins.  No man knows the day or the hour of the Lord's return, so it is best to be ready at all times.  I also agree with Omegaman that we should be ready to meet the Lord at all times, not just because of fear of missing the rapture, but because we have no promise of our next breath. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  2,986
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

I personally don't think anything has to happen before the rapture occurs.  There is nothing in scripture that states the rapture will take place at the exact moment before the 7 year tribulation begins.  Some assume that is the case, but it is never stated.  The rapture could take place a decade or more before the tribulation period begins.  No man knows the day or the hour of the Lord's return, so it is best to be ready at all times.  I also agree with Omegaman that we should be ready to meet the Lord at all times, not just because of fear of missing the rapture, but because we have no promise of our next breath.

The disciples asked Christ about the sign of His coming and the end of the age (Matt. 24:3). The trouble is that most scholars only study half of His answer, which is found in Matt. 24. But He actually concluded His answer in chapter 25.

Verse 31 is key in both chapters.

Matthew 24:31 = Rapture

Matthew 25:31 = Second coming

Cheers

Guest Butero

I am not disagreeing with you RT.  What do you think about the time of the rapture?  Do you think the rapture will take place immediately before we enter the great tribulation period, or do you think it could take place many years before the tribulation period begins?  Why or why not? 

Christians in the Middle East are being persecuted. They are seeing their own wives and children raped and murdered. They are being executed and crucified. They are going through their own private Tribulation. I'm sure they take great comfort in knowing that some people believe that the rapture occurs before the Tribulation - at least they won't have to suffer then!!Where is THEIR rapture?Or is the rapture only for privileged Western Christians?

This is a weak and irrelevant argument bringing this up while discussing end times, in particular the rapture. Just because Christians have been tortured many times over many years has nothing to do with the final end times slaughter. Of course we all feel bad for any brother in Christ wrongly killed, but as long as satan has authority and a place in heaven, this will happen. We take some comfort in knowing they have gone to a better place and our at peace with our lord.And yes, there will be another massive slaughtering going on before Christ returns- worse than Holocaust. The book of revelation reminds us of that.
Good point, Spockster!There is a huge difference between the martyrs that are killed before the rapture, and the ones who are killed after, the ones who are not ready when He appears. We see these martyrs in (Rev. 6:9-11, 13:7, 14:13 and 20:4). But the martyrs that die before He comes will be resurrected with the dead in Christ, while the others will enter into the hour of trial (Rev. 3:10). No wonder He warned us all to be ready.

Amen brother. My signature verse, Luke 21:36. Believe it, live it, be in the moment for it because it will happen for those who are READY!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Amen, Butero.  All we are guaranteed is that the Rapture will happen when God decrees it.