• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I was thinking. I know it's supposed to be a future cashless society and the third temple supposed to be built. Ok um after rapture there is supposed to be a seven year thing. So don't you think it will take more then seven years for cashless society and third temple to be built. Wouldn't you think this would start before rapture.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Well, first I would have to believe that the rapture takes place first, which I don't.  I don't because that is not what scripture says.  It also does not say there will be a cashless society.  As for the temple, we are not told when it will be built, only that it will be built in time for the beast to desecrate it, which happens at the midway point of the seven years.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,245
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Tigger 398,

Yes I agree these things will happen before the 7 year Tribulation.

Actually Denmark is preparing to go cashless next year & Hong Kong is pretty much there as well as other countries well on the way. When the next Global Financial Crisis happens (probably very soon) then well see a speeding up of cashless, regional currencies & then the global currency. The catalyst will be coming soon.

When did Noah build the ark? ......mmmmm....Before the rain.    Thus said , preparation, preparation, ....prayer & being responsible.

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

I think our world is being set up right now for the 7 year tribulation.We do not know what the time frame is for the rapture and the onset of the tribulation.The rapture can happen at any time.I think that the last person to come to faith has to happen before the rapture.God knows who these people are.He wants everyone to be caught up to the rapture who He knows will genuinely ask Him into their heart.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Christians in the Middle East are being persecuted. They are seeing their own wives and children raped and murdered. They are being executed and crucified. They are going through their own private Tribulation. I'm sure they take great comfort in knowing that some people believe that the rapture occurs before the Tribulation - at least they won't have to suffer then!!

Where is THEIR rapture?

Or is the rapture only for privileged Western Christians?

Christians in the Middle East are being persecuted. They are seeing their own wives and children raped and murdered. They are being executed and crucified. They are going through their own private Tribulation. I'm sure they take great comfort in knowing that some people believe that the rapture occurs before the Tribulation - at least they won't have to suffer then!!

Where is THEIR rapture?

What the ME is suffering is very bad.It will be worse during the 7 year tribulation and the whole world will be involved.It will be a lot worse than what we are seeing now.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I agree, there could be plenty of time before the Rapture. I also believe that any one of us could die in our sleep tonight, or even sooner, therefore, if behooves us to be ready to meet Jesus in a moment, even if we knew the rapture is thousands of years away. 

I was thinking. I know it's supposed to be a future cashless society and the third temple supposed to be built. Ok um after rapture there is supposed to be a seven year thing. So don't you think it will take more then seven years for cashless society and third temple to be built. Wouldn't you think this would start before rapture.

The cashless society is not a Bible teaching, it is a projection of what it might mean when the Bible says:

" 16And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, 17and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name. " - Rev 13

For those who claim to stick to literal understanding, here is says nothing about cash, it could be nothing more that a law forbidding buying and selling, just as we have laws which forbid certain drugs or firearms to be sold. Of course, we know that people buy and sell these things anyway, there are always people willing to take risks for profit, why do we think it will be any different in those times? 

For the literalists also, it says that the Beast causes everyone, to take the mark. No choice is offered. Now some would say that this is evidence that Christians will not be there, because they will not take the Mark.

Oddly, they often claim that they themselves would refuse the mark. Of course, if they won't be there, they will not have an opportunity to refuse the mark, so this is a boastful inconsistency in interpretation.

​Now of course, they are free to believe that they would refuse (if they were there), but that might be a over confident assumption on their parts. If they are such Godly, sold out to Christ believers, I have to assume then, that today, while things are relatively easy, they refuse to sin at all right now. They are living perfect lives, just a Jesus did. If that is not the case, why would I believe they will be so committed when times are tough and deception is more rampant than now?

Of course we do know, that there are those who will refuse the mark. In Rev 7:14, we see:

“These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. "

By this we are certain that there are Christians in the Tribulation, or what else does being washed in the blood of the Lamb mean?

Also, we have this in Rev 20:

" And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years."

It does not get much clearer than that. If they were beheaded for their testimony of Jesus, then they were Christians. So there are Christian martyrs. Of course we already know that, it has always been true that those who are faithful to God, are persecuted. Perhaps we might even say that Abel, was the first martyr. Many of the Old Testament prophets were martyred. The Jews as the chosen people, were persecuted. The apostles in the early church were martyred, and the church since then, has had martyrs and suffered persecution, right up to this day. It would seem then, that it is within the will of God, to allow the suffering of His people, that has always been His way.

Some in the Rev 20 passage, refused that mark of the beast. The language there would seem to allow the possibility (contrary to a strong implication) that those in heaven, consisted of martyred Christian AND people, who may not have been Christians, but who refused the mark. However, since we know from other passages, that only believers will be in Heaven with Jesus, then these people who refused the mark, are believers. 

​So much for the notion that believers are not in the Great Tribulation! Clearly they are. Now, some might argue, that these are the tribulation saints, they became believers during the tribulation. Certainly there is no reason to doubt that some unbelievers convert during the tribulation. After all, we already saw that people in the tribulation were testifying of Jesus.

However, there is no bible verse that says there is a rapture before the tribulation. Zero, nada, zip, none. Yet there are people who are able to see that idea in scripture it seems. I cannot find it though, and they seem unable to show me one, pity! 

So yeah, I agree with you, that there is a lot to get accomplished in a short time, for a pre-trib, any moment rapture to take place. That is one reason why so many, many people, do not buy into that idea, but mostly, I think we doubt that idea, because scripture does not seem to contain it.

I think our world is being set up right now for the 7 year tribulation.We do not know what the time frame is for the rapture and the onset of the tribulation.The rapture can happen at any time.I think that the last person to come to faith has to happen before the rapture.God knows who these people are.He wants everyone to be caught up to the rapture who He knows will genuinely ask Him into their heart

In the above quoted paragraph, I have bolded a sentence. I did that because my post here, as already shown that some people of faith are in the tribulation. So if this person is correct that the last believer comes to faith before the rapture, then necessarily, the tribulation has to be before the rapture.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Where is THEIR rapture?

What the ME is suffering is very bad.It will be worse during the 7 year tribulation and the whole world will be involved.It will be a lot worse than what we are seeing now.

How can it get any worse? Beheading sounds quick and painless compared to what some of these people are going through. ISIS are even burning some of them alive.

Anyway, regardless of whether it will be worse or not, a lot of Christians are hoping that the rapture will rescue them from the terrible times ahead but the people in the Middle East have not been rescued from mass persecution. So why do other Christians think that they will be rescued from what is to come? It just doesn't seem fair.

Where is THEIR rapture?

How can it get any worse? Beheading sounds quick and painless compared to what some of these people are going through. ISIS are even burning some of them alive.

Anyway, regardless of whether it will be worse or not, a lot of Christians are hoping that the rapture will rescue them from the terrible times ahead but the people in the Middle East have not been rescued from mass persecution. So why do other Christians think that they will be rescued from what is to come? It just doesn't seem fair.

You have read Revelation.Oh yes it gets much worse.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,245
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Oakwood,

You said -

So why do other Christians think that they will be rescued from what is to come? It just doesn't seem fair.

I agree with you, however that is not the purpose of the `catching away.` When the Body of Christ comes to maturity of faith, then the Lord will connect with His Body & take them to their position to rule with Him.

Christians have been martyred all down through the centuries, so it`s not a matter of escaping,` as some people think.

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C