Joshua-777

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I do not doubt there are humble places where miracles happen through prayer but having some awareness of the charismatics I did a little research on Heidi Baker. 

http://www.ivarfjeld.com/2012/10/29/the-deceptive-talk-of-Heidi-baker

http://www.worldviewweekend.com/news/article/heidi-baker-mystic-mystic-does

The interview with the 700 Club only gives part of the story.  It is only a half truth, and therefore a deceptive message she told.  I think it is suspect given what Heidi has been involved with. The "power" she talks about doesn't sound like the Holy Spirit.  She and her husband are of the ilk of the Lakeland Revival , Todd Bentley--the Florida Out Pouring and the Toronto Airport Church  Out Pouring where people were so called  "slain" in the spirit" , ecstatic laughter etc....

Pastor John Macarthur  calls these people out --- and explains what it is about it in his talk and book called " STRANGE FIRE" .   It is dangerous stuff. If my links don't work just do your own search on the net. I am healthily skeptical and cautious when it comes to these types of claims.

Well, your awareness of people that speak in tongues is hovering about zero. Unlike a lot of us, Heidi works globally with Iris that feeds 1,000's of kids, builds schools, goes to places where they kill Christians, the list is long. 

So easy to sit back at a computer, be a judge of those doing something for the Lord. The results and numbers speak for themselves though.

I don't mind questions, I hate ignorance and judges who have not done a 1/10th of what Heidi is doing, putting her life constantly on the line, for people that have nothing. 

She might even seem a bit strange to me, but then I don't know what it takes to do what she has done, and what she has had to believe God for every single day. I imagine, that could make someone a bit different than what we are use to.

amazing.

Guest shiloh357

Mormons do good things abroad and feed people.  There are all kinds of secular humanitarian organizations that risk their lives, feed thousands and good things just like the Bakers.   That Heidi Baker does good things doesn't in any way negate the fact that she is false teacher and has very errant theology.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Mormons do good things abroad and feed people.  There are all kinds of secular humanitarian organizations that risk their lives, feed thousands and good things just like the Bakers.   That Heidi Baker does good things doesn't in any way negate the fact that she is false teacher and has very errant theology.

How so? What is she teaching that is errant? She's not a false teacher simply because you point a finger and say, False. What does she teach that contradicts scripture?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

"Amazing "  too Faith, is the fact that you feel the need to launch into an ad hominem attack on me saying I have "zero" awareness of those that speak tongues and imply that I am both ignorant and judgmental. You know zero about me, my experience or my knowledge.   Are you by any chance a practicing Charismatic?  "Hate"  is a very nice word you felt compelled to use just because I raised concerns after researching her.

The scripture tells us to check out these self professed teachers with the scriptures in order to not fall prey to false teachings,  and to warn & protect the body of Christ.  You can view me the Sheepdog type.   So pour out your hate and use slander,  I couldn't care less.  I will call it as I see it.

She is a false teacher. If she is NOT dealing in the HOLY SPIRIT  according to the scripture so what spirit is she dealing in?  There are only two kinds.  I don't want the one she has got.

Jesus said you know them by their fruit. I went and checked out Siris, and all the joining ministers. They don't preach sin, they preach the blood of Jesus, they call Jesus Lord, they don't preach homosexuality acceptance. The work they do is solid, have helped a whole lot of folks. They work in some of the most dangerous places. 

I am not sure how you need protected sitting at home behind a computer acting as judge. You read someone else article, and judged another. Yet many are eating, many have water, many have schools. You have done what?

A satanic spirit does not the Work of God, and could care less if people eat or not. A person is known because they love the Brother and Hedi puts her life on the line for these people. 

Then you cry I am using Hate and slander? I am trying to get you to wake up so you don't have to be judged unfairly the same. 

I had two Mormon girls come to my door, heard the neighbor being disrespectful to them. I don't have to agree with someone's theology to see some effort and willingness to step out for what they believe is Jesus, and be mistreated. 

And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us. And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us
(Luk 9:49-50)

You don't even know Heidi Baker, Not in charge of her, have no say in what she does. What scripture is there that we publicly judge someone else servant? There is none.

Despite your lack of understanding of scripture, and the fact I fully believe your confused about many things, I don't call you a false teacher, and even agree with you at times. You ought to follow the examples the Lord gives you and keep yourself from the same judgement you make about others. 

How would you like the Lord to say I require out of you the same knowledge I have, or I am judging you for errant theology? Can you step up to God's standard? 

If God has given any Help to Heidi Baker to help the people, you judged God, and that is a very dangerous place to be. 

Guest shiloh357

That is just ridiculous, by faith....

I don't have personally know someone to know they are false teacher and a heretic.   I understand the Scriptures far better than you do.  All you mishandle and pull Scriptures out of context to support your false teachings.  

Mormons are not believers and there are plenty of nonbelievers who do the same humanitarian work that Baker does.   And for some reason because she does these things,  she is considered by some to be above scrutiny and she is not.  Her belief system, and her association with the New Apostolic Reformation make her and her ministry bad news for the Body of Christ. 

Guest shiloh357

Justin,

Heidi Baker is associated with the New Apostolic Reformation which is made up of someone worst heretics of our age like like Todd Bentley, Bill Johnson, Rick Joyner, Peter Wagner, et al.   The New Apostolic Reformation  which teaches that God has restored the office of prophet and apostle and that under the leadership of these new apostles and prophets, the NAR has redefined the great commission as one of a complete dominance of the whole world.

In keeping with the NAR's definition of "prophet"  Heidi Baker claims to be a prophet and that means that she received additional revelation from God new stuff that is not part of the Bible.   Christianity today has done reports on her and how she uses far eastern chants and mantras as part of worship.  This is where a phrase of five or so words are repeated over and over and over maybe as much 50 times to "worship music."       The NAR also does not hold their prophets to the biblical standard of being 100% accurate and so there is a huge danger for these false prophets like Heidi Baker to instill false prophecies and inaccurate words from the Lord in her so called, "prophetic words." 

A  man named John Templeton wanted start a world religion that was not based on Scripture or "ancient revelations."    Among those who were willing particpants in that enterprise was Heidi Baker. 

Heidi Baker's ministry is a hybrid of perverted Christianity and New Age/far eastern mysticism.    She is bad news and so is the NAR/emergent church/Jesus Culture and all of that mess,

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Justin,

Heidi Baker is associated with the New Apostolic Reformation which is made up of someone worst heretics of our age like like Todd Bentley, Bill Johnson, Rick Joyner, Peter Wagner, et al.   The New Apostolic Reformation  which teaches that God has restored the office of prophet and apostle and that under the leadership of these new apostles and prophets, the NAR has redefined the great commission as one of a complete dominance of the whole world.

In keeping with the NAR's definition of "prophet"  Heidi Baker claims to be a prophet and that means that she received additional revelation from God new stuff that is not part of the Bible.   Christianity today has done reports on her and how she uses far eastern chants and mantras as part of worship.  This is where a phrase of five or so words are repeated over and over and over maybe as much 50 times to "worship music."       The NAR also does hold their prophets to the biblical standard of being 100% accurate and so there is a huge danger for these false prophets like Heidi Baker to instill false prophecies and inaccurate words from the Lord in her so called, "prophetic words." 

A  man named John Templeton wanted start a world religion that was not based on Scripture or "ancient revelations."    Among those who were willing particpants in that enterprise was Heidi Baker. 

Heidi Baker's ministry is a hybrid of perverted Christianity and New Age/far eastern mysticism.    She is bad news and so is the NAR/emergent church/Jesus Culture and all of that mess,

You should investigate before you accuse. I don't need to defend her, you have the right to believe what you want. On biblical grounds, I don't believe you have an argument.  Your problem is your assumption that God no longer speaks. Long worship with intimate expression of love toward Jesus is evil, and that the gifts and callings of God has ceased.

Guest shiloh357

I didn't say that God no longer speaks.   He always speaks today but through His word.   He is NOT giving new divine revelation.  If you think you are getting new revelation, you are not hearing from God.   You might be hearing from "a" spirit, but not the Holy Spirit.

Worship to be biblical has to be based on the truth of Scripture not based on some erotic pseudo love affair with Jesus.   Worship glorifies God.  God is not someone whom you snuggle up with on sofa.   God is not "in love"  with you or anyone else.  Using worship as an expression of erotic type of love to God is repulsive and heretical.

I don't think that the gifts have necessarily ceased, but I can see that they are being perverted by false teachers.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Justin,

In keeping with the NAR's definition of "prophet"  Heidi Baker claims to be a prophet and that means that she received additional revelation from God new stuff that is not part of the Bible.   Christianity today has done reports on her and how she uses far eastern chants and mantras as part of worship.  This is where a phrase of five or so words are repeated over and over and over maybe as much 50 times to "worship music."       The NAR also does hold their prophets to the biblical standard of being 100% accurate and so there is a huge danger for these false prophets like Heidi Baker to instill false prophecies and inaccurate words from the Lord in her so called, "prophetic words." 

You should investigate before you accuse. I don't need to defend her, you have the right to believe what you want. On biblical grounds, I don't believe you have an argument.  Your problem is your assumption that God no longer speaks. Long worship with intimate expression of love toward Jesus is evil, and that the gifts and callings of God has ceased.

Fortunately Ms. Baker's church and movement are well documented.  This is a heretical movement that is simply not preaching the True Gospel.  See here...

http://www.apologeticsindex.org/722-new-apostolic-reformationhttp://www.apologeticsindex.org/722-new-apostolic-reformation

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

"Amazing "  too Faith, is the fact that you feel the need to launch into an ad hominem attack on me saying I have "zero" awareness of those that speak tongues and imply that I am both ignorant and judgmental. You know zero about me, my experience or my knowledge.   Are you by any chance a practicing Charismatic?  "Hate"  is a very nice word you felt compelled to use just because I raised concerns after researching her.

The scripture tells us to check out these self professed teachers with the scriptures in order to not fall prey to false teachings,  and to warn & protect the body of Christ.  You can view me the Sheepdog type.   So pour out your hate and use slander,  I couldn't care less.  I will call it as I see it.

She is a false teacher. If she is NOT dealing in the HOLY SPIRIT  according to the scripture so what spirit is she dealing in?  There are only two kinds.  I don't want the one she has got.

After reading up on both Baker and the NAR movement....I have to agree.