• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I hear that but in the Gospels and Acts we only find the apostles and Jesus performing healings, deliverances, resurrections, etc.  It is conspicuous that no one else is mentioned as having that kind of power.    Those signs were only given to the apostles to confirm their authority.   The same applied to Jesus.  Jesus' claims to be the Messiah were affirmed by His miracles.  There is no commandment to the Church to carry on Jesus' healing ministry.   It was only given to the original apostles.   The offices of apostle and prophet are no longer in operation today.

Except the 70 Jesus sent out, Steven, Phillip the Evangelist, the instruction to the Corinthians Church, and to the Church James was a part of.

Notice that it separates Healing and Miracles from apostles and prophets.

1 Corinthians 12:9 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles? 30 Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret?

Luke 10:9 and Matt. 10:7 only apply to the disciples at that time.   That does not extend to the church.   That's the problem with the Charismatic movement.  They are lacking in good hermeneutics and biblical interpretation skills.

Matthew 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

Psalm 103:3 is a general promise and not a guarantee of healing for every person.  And in the OT the blessings of healing were conditional only upon observance of the law.  They were not a guarantee  or gift of grace.   In fact, that is exactly how the line of thought is developed in the psalm.  Even in that Psalm it is not an unconditional promise of healing, but is contingent on following the law.

2 Corinthians 1:20 For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us. 21 Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, 22 who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

Childlike faith doesn't mean that we don't use good hermeneutics when we study the Scripture.  Faith has to be based on an accurate understanding of Scripture and what it says.   Childlike should not become childish.

It doesn't but it does mean when Jesus says believers will "lay hands on the sick" believing they can instead of creating a theology around it. Jesus said believers will do the same works. Paul demonstrated the power of the Spirit and said it was so the Corinthians would put their faith in the power of God and not the wisdom of man (1 Cor 1:5). 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,305
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi shiloh357,

Great. Glad that is cleared up.

Marilyn. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/23/1967

We can't be healed without faith of being healed, it takes two to make it happen, God and us. Sometimes God doesn't heal us because He knows some will become more distant from Him if He heals them, such as people who have a problem with pride, being sick makes them more humble and closer to Him. I believe He heals the ones He sees can produce fruit and become a better Christian through the testimony of their healing.

In John 5, Jesus healed a man who had been an invalid for 38 years. The man had no idea who Jesus was...much less have "enough faith" to be healed. Jesus healed him out of compassion...then slipped away into the crowd.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,151
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Shiloh & everyone

I believe I responded a while back,I didn't see it but I do believe my reply may Bless someone out there as I haiationve been Blessed to have had many a Divine Healing and I live to testify & give God Glory,,,,,so,if you don't mind,,,,here goes(LOL)

I won/'t make it a long testimony because it does not need to be to get this message across,,,,,,to answer your question simply,the answer is most definitely "No",,,,,to elaborate a little,I will proceed....

I have been privileged & honored to be used by God and suffer through a couple of bouts with cancer,the most recent was awful ,,,,,the diagnosis was stage 4,,,,the prognosis was "incurable,terminal" and although I was receiving very aggressive chemo/radiation treatments,it was spreading,,,even to my liver     from the very moment I was diagnosed ,our Lord had His Loving Arms around me,,,,giving me His Blessed Assurance that all those medical facts,doctors reports,scans,tests & statistics said one thing ,,,,I was to "Hear no evil report" because it was not His Truth,,,,,,,,this was Gods Will for the purpose of my calling and I say I am "privileged & honored" because Our Father knows that my Faith would not be shaken as we(He & I) went on this journey,,,,,,that I may be His Living testimony that He is the same Miracle Working God that He was yesterday,today & forever more,,,,,,the Great I AM,,,,,

Now,I was Healed,Cured of "incurable" cancer........when things are good & we Christians are joyful & spreading the Gospel ,people SEE us but when things are terrible & we are joyful & spreading the Gospel,people WATCH us,under a microscope!!!I have 3 physicians,non e of them deny that it had to be a Miracle,,,,,,,the disease was at it's worst & suddenly a pet scan showed"no evidence of cancer"....Praise the Lord!!!!!

The story does not end here(I'm doing my best to keep it short),,,,,God spared my life & I am 100% cancer free but I am not 100% restored,,,,,,yet          There was so much damage done(Doctors say irreversible)to my lymphatic system ,amongst other things that I do suffer still,some days are agonizing ,others are not so bad......I do not like to speak of these things because they are not important,they are not encouraging,edifying & there's nothing good to say about it to do anyone any good & I refuse to focus & dwell in my flesh,I am filled with the Joy of our Lord and although  I did not hear any audible voice ,Gods answer is "NO",,,,,maybe it is no for now,maybe for a little while & maybe not ever but like Paul,,,,there is this thorn in my flesh.

I cannot say for sure ,"why" but I can suppose a reason or two,maybe more,,,,,,,,,I know from experience that when we are very healthy,so healthy that we do not even think about any parts of our bodies(LOL,thats real healthy,huh?),,,we can quickly forget the Amazing,Spectacular,Wondrous Miracle that God so Graciously did for us and we can even miss an opportunity to give Him Glory,God will have His Glory & He knows if we need to stay grounded............most of us are very much the same,human nature,,,like Paul too,,,,perhaps Paul may have had to wrestle with some spirit of pride or vanity had his thorn been removed,he may have started to think he himself deserved some of the credit,,,,,,it keeps our feet on the ground,that constant reminder from the flesh ,,,saying"WOW,I've awoken to see another beautiful day the Lord has made!And to God be the Glory,His Grace IS sufficient!

I very recently had a close friend tell me that I need to ask & believe in Jesus Name & He will give m e my request,,,,,Oh ,if that has not been misinterpreted a million times,ugh      It does not take a lot of faith,none of us have any more Power working in us than anyone else   we have in us the Holy Spirit of God Almighty,the very same Spirit that raise Jesus from the dead,on the 3rd day......God simply says "No" when He says no   but I tell you truthfully & I believe it with all of my heart,that whatever He does or does not allow for us,,,is for our good & for His Purpose,which always brings Him the Glory that is His Alone,,,,,,,,,with a little or a lot of faith we can come to our Father,in Jesus Name and ask Him anything,He knows what is best for us & for His Kingdom,,,,,His Divine Intervention & Miracles are not contingent on anything we do or don't do,,,,,,,He will have Mercy on who He will have Mercy on & it is all about Jesus finished work on the cross,God is Able & He is our Father,,,,,,,,,,,,Fathers say 'Yes ,No & Maybe Later",,,,,it's quite simple

I do hope someone is encouraged by this reply,,,,,,,the only thing we have to do is trust God,He will never leave us nor will He forsake us and to Him be the Praise,the Glory,the Honor & Thanksgiving,,,,,,my hope is always in Christ,every night before I sleep I say"Perhaps tomorrow I will see the manifestation of total Healing & Restoration,,,,,,,,,As I walk in Spirit & in Truth all that is temporal is not that important,I embrace each day with gratitude,joy,peace,love,laughter & with great expectation!!!!!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.33
  • Days Won:  20

We can't be healed without faith of being healed, it takes two to make it happen, God and us. Sometimes God doesn't heal us because He knows some will become more distant from Him if He heals them, such as people who have a problem with pride, being sick makes them more humble and closer to Him. I believe He heals the ones He sees can produce fruit and become a better Christian through the testimony of their healing.

In John 5, Jesus healed a man who had been an invalid for 38 years. The man had no idea who Jesus was...much less have "enough faith" to be healed. Jesus healed him out of compassion...then slipped away into the crowd.

It is critical to note that while Jesus was on earth there was NOT A SINGLE INCIDENT in which He did not heal all who came to Him, and even those who did not come to Him but of whom He was aware (e.g. at the pool of Bethesda).  One could says that Divine healing was guaranteed on earth while Christ was on earth.

But that does not seem to the true today.  Divine healing is not guaranteed at present, although God has made provision for it in James 5.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,636
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, all.

Folks, the miracles that God performed through His emissaries were AUTHENTICATION of their message, the good news about the coming Kingdom when the King returns. Why should God authenticate something that He doesn’t endorse?

Mark 1:14-15

14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
KJV

What “gospel?” It could NOT have been the “death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ” at this point in His ministry! He was heralding the good news about the KINGDOM!

Isaiah 52:1-7
1 Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.
2 Shake thyself from the dust; arise, and sit down, O Jerusalem: loose thyself from the bands of thy neck, O captive daughter of Zion.
3 For thus saith the LORD, Ye have sold yourselves for nought; and ye shall be redeemed without money.
4 For thus saith the Lord GOD, My people went down aforetime into Egypt to sojourn there; and the Assyrian oppressed them without cause.
5 Now therefore, what have I here, saith the LORD, that my people is taken away for nought? they that rule over them make them to howl, saith the LORD; and my name continually every day is blasphemed.
6 Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I.
7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
KJV

Matthew 4:23-25
23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching (heralding) the gospel of (the good news about) the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.
24 And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them.
25 And there followed him great multitudes of people from Galilee, and from Decapolis, and from Jerusalem, and from Judaea, and from beyond Jordan.
KJV

Matthew 9:35
35 And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching (heralding) the gospel of (good news about) the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.
KJV

John 10:23-25
23 And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.
24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ (the Messiah), tell us plainly.
25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
KJV

John 14:10-20
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works (miracles).
11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works (miracles) that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. (That’s the RESURRECTION!)
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
KJV

When Herod locked away Yeshua`s herald, Yochanan (John) the Immerser, He had to do His OWN heralding. So, God authenticated Yeshua`s message with the miracles He performed through the Son of God.

John 8:13-18
13 The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.
14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.
15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.
16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.
17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.
18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.
KJV

And don’t forget Peter’s words:

Acts 2:22-36
22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
30 Therefore (David) being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ (the Messiah) to sit on his throne;
31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ (the Messiah), that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord (Master) and Christ (Messiah, the One Anointed to be King).
KJV

Even when the disciples performed miracles it was because they were heralding the King and His Kingdom:

Matthew 10:5-8
5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7 And as ye go, preach (herald), saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.
KJV

So, the disciples also performed miracles in accordance with their message AFTER the Messiah ascended to the sky:

Acts 8:5-8
5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ (the Messiah) unto them.
6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.
7 For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.
8 And there was great joy in that city.
KJV

Acts 19:1-12
1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ (the Messiah) Jesus.
5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name (on the authority) of the Lord Jesus.
6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
7 And all the men were about twelve.
8 And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.
9 But when divers were hardened, and believed not, but spake evil of that way before the multitude, he departed from them, and separated the disciples, disputing daily in the school of one Tyrannus.
10 And this continued by the space of two years; so that all they which dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus, both Jews and Greeks.
11 And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul:
12 So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.
KJV

So, I ask it again: Why should God authenticate something that He doesn’t endorse? If we’re not heralding the good news about the returning King and His Kingdom, why should God perform the miracles associated with that message?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

What Ezra said...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

Amen Kwik

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.33
  • Days Won:  20

So, I ask it again: Why should God authenticate something that He doesn’t endorse? If we’re not heralding the good news about the returning King and His Kingdom, why should God perform the miracles associated with that message?

While there is no question that Jesus of Nazareth healed at all times and under all circumstances during His earthly ministry, and the apostles had the gift of healing, and spiritual gifts were meant to authenticate the messengers as well as the message, things did change afterwards, and today, all who pray for healing are not healed. 

Even Epaphroditus could not be miraculously healed by Paul, but eventually he was healed.  The real issue is whether the gifts of healing are to be found in all churches today, and it would seem not (in spite of all kinds of claims).  There are also counterfeit miracles.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,636
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, Ezra.

While there is no question that Jesus of Nazareth healed at all times and under all circumstances during His earthly ministry, and the apostles had the gift of healing, and spiritual gifts were meant to authenticate the messengers as well as the message, things did change afterwards, and today, all who pray for healing are not healed. 

Even Epaphroditus could not be miraculously healed by Paul, but eventually he was healed.  The real issue is whether the gifts of healing are to be found in all churches today, and it would seem not (in spite of all kinds of claims).  There are also counterfeit miracles.

Sure, there are counterfeit miracles done by those who would swindle the people that hear them. A person needs to be wise with such charlatans! God will judge them.

On the other hand, would God not rather heal those whom He loves rather than see them suffer?

Consider the Lord’s prayer example:

Matthew 6:9-13
9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
KJV

Luke 11:2-4
2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
Give us day by day our daily bread.
4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.
KJV

He said that we were to pray for our daily needs and to ask Him to get us OUT of trouble!

And, ...

2 Peter 3:9

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
KJV

God is not out to “get” anyone! He is trying to give each person the time he or she needs to repent of their sins. But, you already know that.

Now, I also know that most see the above verse as referring to "ETERNALLY perishing"; however, knowing the importance of the Resurrection and the re-uniting of the bodies - even glorified, immortal, incorruptible bodies - with the spirits to make them souls once again, then I believe that there is a link between "eternally perishing" and "physically perishing!” Furthermore, I believe that, given the end results in Revelation 21-22, that it is in His heart not to have us perish AT ALL, in any sense!

Revelation 21:3-4
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
KJV

Why are we so instructed as in the following?

Matthew 7:11
11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
KJV

Matthew 18:19-20
19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
KJV

Matthew 21:22
22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
KJV

Luke 11:9-13
9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
KJV

John 14:12-14
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
KJV

John 15:7
7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
KJV

John 16:23-27
23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name (on my authority), he will give it you.
24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
25 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.
26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:
27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.
KJV

So, while Yeshua` was here, His disciples were instructed to ask Him directly, and they would receive it from Him. Now that He is gone away, we are to ask the Father on Yeshua`s authority - on Yeshua`s behalf, and because we love Yeshua` the Son of God, and because God the Father - His Father and ours - loves us, we no longer need Yeshua`s intercession; God the Father will answer us directly and give us what we have prayed!

And, lest one think that this promise was for the apostles only, John gives us the promise again:

1 John 3:18-24

18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.
20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
KJV

1 John 5:14-17
14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death (not worthy of death), he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death (punishable by death): I do not say that he shall pray for it.
17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.
KJV

So, it sounds to me like God WANTS us to ask and receive God’s power from Him!

Even David the King, Yeshua`s ancestor, wrote this psalm thousands of years ago:

Psalm 37:1-7
1 Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.
2 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.
3 Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
6 And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.
7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
KJV

Thus, this is NOT just something added after Yeshua`s first advent!

Regarding Epaphroditus, the text to which you refer is this:

Philippians 2:25-30
25 Yet I supposed it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, and companion in labour, and fellowsoldier, but your messenger, and he that ministered to my wants.
26 For he longed after you all, and was full of heaviness, because that ye had heard that he had been sick.
27 For indeed he was sick nigh unto death: but God had mercy on him; and not on him only, but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.
28 I sent him therefore the more carefully, that, when ye see him again, ye may rejoice, and that I may be the less sorrowful.
29 Receive him therefore in the Lord with all gladness; and hold such in reputation:
30 Because for the work of Christ he was nigh unto death, not regarding his life, to supply your lack of service toward me.
KJV

Sounds to me like he WAS healed, just not as fast as some might like! God the Father, the Creator of our human bodies, has already put in place amazing systems within our bodies to combat most of the illnesses we face in our lives. Never discount natural healing as anything less than a miracle from God!

Now, all that to say this: I had asked the questions, “Why should God authenticate something that He doesn’t endorse? If we’re not heralding the good news about the returning King and His Kingdom, why should God perform the miracles associated with that message?"

My questions involve this question: "Which came first the chicken or the egg?” Why aren’t there more miracles today? Did God just stop performing miracles first? OR, did we stop heralding the good news about the returning King and His Kingdom, which God would authenticate with miracles, first? I believe it was the latter!

I was raised an independent, Fellowship Baptist, but even with our “no faith healing” mentality, we could believe that God would hear our prayers and heal someone from cancer, even at death’s door!

God still performs miracles for us today - even on a limited scale - out of the goodness of His great heart, but how much more would He perform if He was endorsing what we teach and authenticating it with His power?