Joshua-777

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I'm not talking about confirming a miracle.  I am simply talking about confirming that this person had a terminal disease and that the disease is gone completely.    They don't have to claim a miracle has taken place.   Just state the facts as they are.

Or how about a coroner's report that this person who is now alive was actually dead, beyond any hope of resuscitation  and not merely unconscious or something like that.    It's funny we never can get actual independent data confirmation of the most fantastic claims about miracles.

I am not saying that God doesn't heal.  He most certainly does.  I know people whom God has healed.   But it is the claims being made by people who are involved in questionable activities AND known false prophets like Benny Hinn that need to be investigated.  

What about 'Prophet' Brian Carn?  He is absolutely awful and I can't believe Daystar and TBN feature him so prominently. 

Guest shiloh357

Yes, I am always amused at these people today who think they are prophets. Most if not all, do not fit the biblical requirement of 100% accurate.   The true prophets in the Bible were hated and stoned to death because of their message.   When a prophet is beloved by the people, he isn't from God.

In the Bible, when God sent a prophet, it was usually to deliver bad news.   When a true prophet comes down the road, it is cause for alarm. That's why they persecuted the prophets

Guest shiloh357

D-Dawn,

They don't go into hospitals, because they can't work their magic in places like that.  These healers want love offerings and they want to be in control of the service.   Think about it,  I could get up in front of a stadium of 50,000 people, point to one section and say, "God is telling me that someone here tonight has back pain, or arthritis and God is healing you now..."    How many people in that section of several thousand, might have back pain or arthritis?  The key is to name off common maladies that affect huge numbers of people and if I only mention one person and no one in particular, then I am not accountable.    Can't do that in a hospital.   If they had to go where people are REALLY sick and can't give love offerings and they can't parade them across the stage, they are not interested.

And since they can only operate in a controlled environment, going to a hospital would expose them as frauds.  They need a place where they can use counterfeit worship to make people more open and susceptible to false doctrine and lying signs and wonders. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

By

Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith. Habakkuk 2:4

Faith

By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son, Hebrews 11:17

And Yet

And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. Romans 11:26-29

Once Again They Are Called....

Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel.

And they shall come thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof and all the abominations thereof from thence.

And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God. Ezekiel 11:17-20

~

I can't let this go...the reason Israel did not go into the Land was because of disobedience primarily. Most of the Old Testament is about Israel's disobedience. God's conditional Covenant had nothing to do with whether the Israelites believed hard enough or not...the condition was obedience.

Also, it amazes me how some claim to be healers yet they steer clear of hospitals and poverty stricken places. The majority of the alleged healings seem to take place in particular churches that over-emphasize the Holy Spirit. If Jesus is not the focus of a church, things are not right.

:thumbsup:

To Introduce God To The Needy

For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake. 1 Thessalonians 1:5

Lino is a widower, and he stays with his daughter in her little house in Gondola. Not long before coming down for Bible school, he got seriously sick. He couldn’t eat or sleep. He was in great pain. Too poor for medical attention, he didn’t know what was wrong. Over the course of a month he kept deteriorating until he died. Instead of burying him, his daughter called for Pastor Joni, also in Gondola, who came with four other church leaders to pray. For three hours Lino’s eyes were rolled back into his head, and his body began to smell of decay. But Jesus has used Joni to raise the dead before, and Joni was determined.

Lino was released from his body and given a vision of what might be. He watched his own funeral procession, and could see others lowering his own casket into the ground. He watched them put flowers on his grave. Two bright angels with wings came to him. He was shown things that have not yet been explained to him. But in the vision Lino refused to accept his own death. And then he heard God tell him that he was not going to heaven yet, but that he had many more years to live. In his spirit he could hear Joni praying loudly and fervently.

After a few hours he returned to his body and awoke in bed, but was very weak and nauseous from his own smell. Satan did not get his way, and Lino was not buried. Lino gradually got his strength back and his body normalized as everyone around looked after him. His church and all who knew him are incredibly encouraged. Lino himself is now strong and bold, always eager to minister. https://www.irisglobal.org/news/newsletters/view/back-from-the-dead

The Spirit Often Gently Works With Power And In Love

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also;

and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do,

that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
If ye shall ask any thing in my name,

I will do it. John 14:12-14

By age 34, Nasir Siddiki, a successful businessman, had made his first million, but money meant nothing to him on his deathbed. Diagnosed with the worst case of shingles ever admitted to Toronto General Hospital, his immune system shut down and doctors left him to die. Born into a Muslim family, Nasir had pinned all his hopes on modern medicine. When doctors could not help him, Nasir whispered, "God, if you're real, don't let me die!"

In the darkest hour of the night, Jesus appeared beside Nasir's bed and said,"I Am the God of the Christians. I Am the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob."

Those brief moments in Jesus' presence left Nasir Siddiki miraculously healed. From that day to this one, Dr. Siddiki's passion has been to know and serve the Lord Jesus Christ.
http://www.wisdomministries.org/bio.html

Yet To Cast Stones At HIS Workers

Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. Romans 14:4

6. TESTIMONIAL OF DELIVERANCE/HEALING OF EPILEPSY AND CRUSHED FOOT

Sequel:
To our Christian brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ, I support the work of Moshe Elijah because He is a powerful man of God. (Correction by Moshe -- God is powerful through me).
I am a Born-Again Christian and received God's Holy Spirit in Jesus Name and never been the same since. Not so long ago, I met Moshe at a prayer conference and again God was there and moving very powerfully. (6th Oct to 9th Oct 2006) The weekend was almost over and we prayed together, then God's anointing was there in Jesus Christ. Then Moshe prayed and God set me free from epilepsy and my foot and now I am healed. (the foot had been run over by a car previously)
My speech is a lot plainer and clearer all because of what God has done through His Son Jesus Christ. All because Moshe prayed and now I can do things on my foot that I could not do before, such as bending down, praise His Holy Name.

So, I encourage you my fellow Christian brothers and sisters to keep on going everyday reading the Scriptures and Moshe Elijah's book. (Jesus – the Name above all Names) http://www.rockoftruthministry.com/ht.html

Seems Somehow Unwise

And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. Mathew 24:12

As we stepped into the dimly lit small home, there was a clear sense of peace and love. This was because the woman who lived in this home was a believer. She was a believer among many non-believers, a light in the darkness. Our team was spending a week of outreach in the city of Vellore, India, where we did many house visits; prayer walks, and shared the Gospel in many villages. We were on our way to speak to a group of people about Jesus, and Pastor called three of us girls to enter into this Christian woman’s house to pray. Through translation we came to find out that she had a large tumor next to her right ear. This tumor was different though; it would swell up every three days. She had this tumor for years and she was desperate for healing, desperate for the touch of God! As we began to pray over her, she wept. We prayed several times, crying out on her behalf, claiming healing in Jesus name. Nothing happened, the tumor was still there, but as we were leaving I told her, “God is going to heal you, fully!” Right after this time of prayer, my husband asked me what took place in the house. I told him, “We prayed for a woman who had a tumor, but God didn't heal her on the spot.” Right there, I had a lack of faith, I even told the woman I believed God would heal her, but when sharing with my husband the story, my faith clearly was lacking.

But God… He is faithful, He is mighty, and He is powerful, strong and perfect in every way. One week after returning from this outreach trip, I got word that since that night that we prayed for her, the tumor has not returned, not even once! God healed her! Through this miracle, He showed me it is never dependent upon me, it is never about me, it is always, always, always about Him and His faithfulness toward His people. Yes, He calls us to faith! Through the Gospels we see that as people believe, they are healed. Yet, it is always by His love and mercy. It is always by His power and might. Wherever you are, whatever you are doing, stop and think about how faithful He has been to heal, restore, and redeem your life (both physically and spiritually). Revelation 15:3, says, “Great and marvelous are Your works, Lord God Almighty!” Remember and reflect on what Jesus has done for you. He is great and greatly to be praised, marvelous are all His works!

For more information about what God is doing in India, click here » http://www.sdrock.com/stories/tumorsgone/

IMO

Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise. Jeremiah 17:14

“When she told me that she had decided not to have the leg amputated, it was clear to me. She would soon die,” contemplated Prof. Bickels. “I was sorry about her decision.”

Three months later, a huge smile on her face, Therese walked unaided into Bickels’ office. “What happened to you?” he asked. “I prayed,” she responded.

Stunned, Bickels immediately sent Therese for an MRI, but the results were undeniable. The killer growth had receded dramatically. “This just does not happen,” stammered the professor. “A growth of this kind cannot not recede like this.”

Doctors and nurses could not believe the results, so they sent for another biopsy. But to no avail. There was no cancer. It had completely left her body. “We kept checking her records over and over,” said an astonished Bickels. “We just could not accept that the cancer had gone without any treatment.”

Israeli news stations have been reporting on the miracle and all admit that it is impossible to explain what happened to Therese, other than the power of her faith.

Hospital staff and reporters even traveled to Therese’s home to look for some other explanation. They tasted the food she eats and checked the water she drinks, but there was no physical explanation. They left contemplating one undeniable, unavoidable and very uncomfortable option – that prayer in Yeshua, the Messiah of Israel, still heals today. http://www.israeltoday.co.il/NewsItem/tabid/178/nid/24348/Default.aspx?article=related_stories

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

D-Dawn,

They don't go into hospitals, because they can't work their magic in places like that.  These healers want love offerings and they want to be in control of the service.   Think about it,  I could get up in front of a stadium of 50,000 people, point to one section and say, "God is telling me that someone here tonight has back pain, or arthritis and God is healing you now..."    How many people in that section of several thousand, might have back pain or arthritis?  The key is to name off common maladies that affect huge numbers of people and if I only mention one person and no one in particular, then I am not accountable.    Can't do that in a hospital.   If they had to go where people are REALLY sick and can't give love offerings and they can't parade them across the stage, they are not interested.

And since they can only operate in a controlled environment, going to a hospital would expose them as frauds.  They need a place where they can use counterfeit worship to make people more open and susceptible to false doctrine and lying signs and wonders. 

Actually, I sometimes go into hospitals and pray for people there. Some places will let you minister in E.R., but wont let you witness on the floors or rooms unless you know the person. I've seen breakthrough where people got healed including doctors, other times it is harder to pray because people are less receptive to prayer there.

And since they can only operate in a controlled environment, going to a hospital would expose them as frauds.  They need a place where they can use counterfeit worship to make people more open and susceptible to false doctrine and lying signs and wonders.

Well, you must be talking about a different crowd. Myself, and many of the people walking in miracles are seeing breakthrough in the public. Every week I lead teams to the malls, parks, streets, and we minister to people who are usually non-believers, athiests, new agers, etc. and see healing as a common expression of the Kingdom.

Check out the old video I just bumped up, Hysterical Reactions from people encountering God.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/23/1967

This video wasn't impressive to me at all. The "Evangelist" (who never shared the Gospel clearly) went to a downtown Portland park where kids are known to hang out. (I live near Portland and recognize the locations in the video.) All of the "healings" in this video involved aches and pains that seem to have disappeared. Many of the boys in the park had to first think about whether or not that had any pain. Then, upon the power of suggestion after seeing several other boys "healed", the boys were each delivered of their pain. Only one boy even had an injury...at least he said he did. Not one boy reacted with reverence or conviction of sin...they all reacted as if they had just seen a cool magic trick. Whenever their was a healing in the Bible, the person who was healed reacted with submissive awe. They didn't giggle and cuss like the boys in the video.

Also, it really bothered me that the Evangelist's prayer was usually nothing more than a repetitive citation demanding the pain to go away. There was no "If it is Your Will, Father"...there was just a "spell" so to speak. There is no power in words...he made it seem like if the kids just said those words, God would definitely heal. Ummmm....NO. He told the boys that any believer could do it. Even if I did believe that some had the gift of healing today...I would NOT believe that EVERYONE has it.

Just so others know, this is the video I am talking about. 

Edited by D-Dawn

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Also, it really bothered me that the Evangelist's prayer was usually nothing more than a repetitive citation demanding the pain to go away. There was no "If it is Your Will, Father"...there was just a "spell" so to speak. There is no power in words...he made it seem like if the kids just said those words, God would definitely heal. Ummmm....NO. He told the boys that any believer could do it. Even if I did believe that some had the gift of healing today...I would NOT believe that EVERYONE has it.

And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him. 
(1Jn 5:14-15)

You judge for there being no "If it is Your Will Father" yet when praying we are told to know God's will "BEFORE" the prayer. 

You have no scripture to back up your statement at all. Jesus in the Garden, knew the will of God, He did not go asking something He did not already know the answer. He just asked if there be another way, He will take that, never the less, Thy will be done he said. 

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover
(Mar 16:16-18)

You lay hands on the sick Dawn? you believe in Jesus? What is His will once you lay hands on the sick? Is it confusing here?

Has being Baptized passed away? Believing on Jesus passed away? His command to lay hands on the sick and believe they will get better and better pass away? 

Amazing. Unbelief, God might,God might not, we don't even know God, despite having 1,000's of scriptures. 

What is Jesus going to think when He returns? Half the Church in shambles, not taking position as His body so the Head can do nothing through them. 

Lord, be thy will to heal me................ He said lay hands on them!!!! We don't do what He said do, and expect what He said to expect, no wonder.......No effort. Lord help them. Help them see it.

Guest shiloh357

Those signs were fulfilled in Acts.   They are not promised to every believer for all time.  The signs and wonders that were done in Acts were done to affirm the authority of the original apostles. 

God still heals today, but there is NO promise in the Bible that healing is for every believer.   There is no promise that every sickness will be healed.   God will heal some and it is not His will to heal everyone.

We pray "if it by thy will"  because we know that God is in control and we are submitted to him no matter what the outcome will be.  If he chooses not to heal, he will give us the peace and grace to accept that answer.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/23/1967

Faith, there was so much out of context Scripture twisting in your response I am not even going to attempt to respond in detail. But one thing I'd like to respond to is "If it is Your will." I made a point that there is no power in words...or repetition etc... To say "If it is Your will" every single time you pray isn't powerful...it's just words. What IS importance is to pray with a humble and submissive attitude. God doesn't exist to do OUR will. He is the Supreme King of Kings and LORD of Lords. Would you demand anything from and earthly king? Not more than one time I'm guessing. Expecting God heal on demand...or anything else on demand...is disrespectful and naive.

The guy in the video was just reciting words in my opinion. Sorry that offends you, Faith, but that's what I got from it. I believe that God often heals because of our humble petitions...but He is not a "Healer on Demand" sideshow.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

This video wasn't impressive to me at all. The "Evangelist" (who never shared the Gospel clearly) went to a downtown Portland park where kids are known to hang out. (I live near Portland and recognize the locations in the video.) All of the "healings" in this video involved aches and pains that seem to have disappeared. Many of the boys in the park had to first think about whether or not that had any pain. Then, upon the power of suggestion after seeing several other boys "healed", the boys were each delivered of their pain. Only one boy even had an injury...at least he said he did. Not one boy reacted with reverence or conviction of sin...they all reacted as if they had just seen a cool magic trick. Whenever their was a healing in the Bible, the person who was healed reacted with submissive awe. They didn't giggle and cuss like the boys in the video.

The parts in the video show the miracle, it didn't show the ministry afterword. The one where we invited the Holy Spirit to come and manifest His presence and a guy ran off, two of the guys gave their lives to Jesus. One of those guys got clean off drugs, talks about Jesus openly to his friends, and there is transformation in his life. 

. There was no "If it is Your Will, Father"...there was just a "spell" so to speak.

Can you find me an example of someone praying for the sick like that? "If it be your will"?  There is power in the name of Jesus. Jesus has been given a name above all other names.

Acts 3:6 Then Peter said, “Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk.” 7 And he took him by the right hand and lifted him up, and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.

Acts 3:16 And His name, through faith in His name, has made this man strong, whom you see and know. Yes, the faith which comes through Him has given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.