Pope Calls for a 'New Global Political Authority'

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.51
  • Content Count:  43,983
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News)– Pope Francis will this week call for changes in lifestyles and energy consumption to avert the "unprecedented destruction of the ecosystem" before the end of this century, according to a leaked draft of a papal encyclical. In a document released by an Italian magazine on Monday, the pontiff will warn that failure to act would have "grave consequences for all of us", the UK Guardian reported.

Francis also called for a new global political authority tasked with "tackling … the reduction of pollution and the development of poor countries and regions". His appeal echoed that of his predecessor, pope Benedict XVI, who in a 2009 encyclical proposed a kind of super-UN to deal with the world’s economic problems and injustices.

He immediately makes clear, moreover, that unlike previous encyclicals, this one is directed to everyone, regardless of religion. "Faced with the global deterioration of the environment, I want to address every person who inhabits this planet," the pope wrote. "In this encyclical, I especially propose to enter into discussion with everyone regarding our common home." —
Source

View the full article

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

Has Pope Francis ever read Revelations?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,768
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  270

maybe he feels the need to be part of those things in Revelation....      remember is a Jesuit.....   he knows what's going on.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Has Pope Francis ever read Revelations?

How much Biblical training are Catholic clerics given? Do they spend years studying scripture or do they spend years studying Catholic Church history, Catholic doctrine and Catholic liturgy?

I don't know the answer but I suspect the latter rather than the former.

Remember that God is no respecter of persons. There are probably many anonymous and humble Christians who know more about God's word than some leading clerics, preachers and theologians.

I have learned more from Worthy than I ever learned from vicars, pastors and priests.

So has Pope Francis ever read Revelation? Probably - years ago. Once. But he has now forgotten it!

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,768
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  270

remember is a Jesuit..... he knows what's going on.

What does this mean???

It would take a book to explain........    so instead of me writing it, you can go to amazon and do a search for Malachi Martin  "Jesuits" and read for yourself.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Lol I can't help myself!!

Can someone expand on the revelations comment?

Perhaps it is a remark about how in the book or Revelation, it does not appear that the end of our age occurs because of manmade CO2.

Guest Judas Machabeus

remember is a Jesuit..... he knows what's going on.

What does this mean???

It would take a book to explain........ so instead of me writing it, you can go to amazon and do a search for Malachi Martin "Jesuits" and read for yourself.
I'm reading up on Malachi Martin now. So far, not sure how much credence I would be willing to put into what he may or may not say. But I will keep reading.

**edit**

After re-reading more post it comes across dismissive and that was not my intent but the opposite really.

I don't know anything about this man and know little about the society of Jesus therefore I need to read up on it before forming an opinion.