IGNORED

Try explain the concept of love your enemy to a soldier...

xyluz

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  565
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

Defending the homeland from an enemy who hates God Almighty and the ones who love Him and think nothing of Killing innocent children, men and women is vastly different from loving your neighbour as yourself or one who despises you. These are men who are God's enemies...and yours.

that does not really answer the question... :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

I agree with Shilo's answer.

Just to add to this.

Matthew 8:9 For I, too, am a man under authority with soldiers under me

This is in reference to a centurion who came to Jesus. Actually, a lot of people who were in the Roman military accepted Jesus. Yet, there is absolutely no mention of them being asked to change professions.

Acts 10:1 There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of what was called the Italian Regiment, 2 a devout man and one who feared God with all his household, who gave alms generously to the people, and prayed to God always. 3 About the ninth hour of the day he saw clearly in a vision an angel of God coming in and saying to him, “Cornelius!”

Peter went to Cornelius' home, and share the gospel. Peter stayed with Cornelius the Centurion for several days.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

But if i join the military, will i be able to kill a person... i mean the bible did say we should love our enemy (Mat 5:43) and even pray for them...

:thumbsup:

"But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel." 1 Timothy 5:8

hmmm... not sure what that implies... 

i know you respond most by scripture... but could you explain better... even if with scripture... :)

Murder

You shall not murder. Exodus 20:13 (New American Standard Bible)

And Killing Are Not Necessarily The Same Thing,

Thou shalt not kill. Exodus 20:13 (King James Bible)

You See

~

It' simple really.    Jesus was not making foreign policy nor was he a pacifist.   Jesus wasn't talking about how a nation should respond to foreign enemy who seeks harm against that nation.   Jesus was talking about personal relationships and how we are to respond to persecution.   You need to examine the context to see what Jesus meant.   

This is the correct way to understand what the Lord was teaching.  As to Boko Haram, they are evildoers to the core, and cowardly to boot. They are the enemies of God and God's people, therefore their destruction should be taken as the execution of righteous judgment upon the wicked.

Amen~!

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

amen to this post

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

vengeance is mine saith the Lord I will repay

in Act's 15 Gentiles are commanded to abstain from blood. If we take a man life we have shed his blood and the life of the body is in the blood.

We are instructed by the apostle not to render evil for evil but to over come evil with good.rebel then

you can't love a person then take a assault rifle and shoot him dead. you can't launch a cruise missile at ISIS rebels then pray that they repent and believe the gospel.

The best way is to keep your self pure the Lord is at hand. leave the carnal warfare to the ungodly and secular governments . 

Fight the good fight of faith and lay hold upon eternal life for we wrestle not against flesh and blood.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Jesus was not a pacifist, no where in the Bible does Jesus tell a Roman soldier to quit the Army and join him, even God had men go to war against evil. Now after saying that and some wanting to give me a spiritual black eye, I will say I'm retired from the United States Army and believe me those in the military are the last who want to go to war, specially those of us who have been to war. War should be the last option after all else fails and we realize there is no other choice, I do believe there have been times when our government might have jumped the gun on going to war, but that's just my opinion.

The Bible tells us there is a time for war and a time for peace, but it takes a wise man know when to go to war and when not to.

Now for your post, God has wired us all different, some men can fight the fight and kill, while others can't. There is no dishonor in not wanting to join the army or  not fighting, follow your heart and do what you can for the innocent and the weak, those that can't fend for themselves.

Oldzimm