• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/20/1959

I have a viewpoint that preclude truth? Really now, what makes you think your 'truth' is the truth and if I don't accept it I am opposed to truth. Please show evidence to support your point instead of stereotyping people.

Now please answer this. I thought you believe in 7day creation. How can 99% of all species that ever lived become extinct before man was created? Also, I know there are people that believe that there were no death before man sinned, if that is true, how does 99% of all species die before man was created. You really ought to get your story straight. If you believe in 7 day creation you are living in a lot of contradictions.

I'm not even talking about man caused climate change, you guys love to group everyone who have different view than you into a single group you think you know so well.

So I guess you believe man never hunted Sharks, Whales and Rhinos and plenty of others into extinction? It is actually pretty easy to cause mass extinction, you can see how fragile the environment is by dumping toxins into lakes and ponds, and see how many organisms actually survive. That is extinction on a small scale, now apply the same methods to our oceans. 

While talking about lumping people into a group, why do you use the term 'you guys'?  I think for myself and yes, I am a Creationist.  I believe the world existed for a long time before God created our species. And yes, most species are, indeed, extinct.  Again, you place man too high in importance if you think that the world is shaped solely by what we do....or don't do.  We are to be good stewards of the Earth...that's all; it doesn't belong to us.  And I'm proud of how far my country has come in cleaning up the environment.  Can't say that about a lot of other industrialized countries.  Btw, sharks, whales and rhinos are not extinct.

Ah I see, so you don't believe in 7 day creation. Let see how long it takes until some passionate people pounce you for that.
 You assume much and understand little, uncertain.  I DO believe in a seven day Creation.  I also believe our species was the last created by God, just as Genesis tells us.  As for being pounced on well....I've been pounced on before.  Still kickin', my friend. 
So you believe that 99% of the species that that ever lived also died on the same day God made them?

What on earth would make you ask that???

You said that 99% of species that ever lived died before man was created, then you said you believe in a 7 day creation. I was thinking all the animals were created the same day as man, but I guess that was just the land animals. Since other animals were created on day 5 , I guess that would give less than two days vice one day for that 99% to die.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I have a viewpoint that preclude truth? Really now, what makes you think your 'truth' is the truth and if I don't accept it I am opposed to truth. Please show evidence to support your point instead of stereotyping people.

Now please answer this. I thought you believe in 7day creation. How can 99% of all species that ever lived become extinct before man was created? Also, I know there are people that believe that there were no death before man sinned, if that is true, how does 99% of all species die before man was created. You really ought to get your story straight. If you believe in 7 day creation you are living in a lot of contradictions.

I'm not even talking about man caused climate change, you guys love to group everyone who have different view than you into a single group you think you know so well.

So I guess you believe man never hunted Sharks, Whales and Rhinos and plenty of others into extinction? It is actually pretty easy to cause mass extinction, you can see how fragile the environment is by dumping toxins into lakes and ponds, and see how many organisms actually survive. That is extinction on a small scale, now apply the same methods to our oceans. 

While talking about lumping people into a group, why do you use the term 'you guys'?  I think for myself and yes, I am a Creationist.  I believe the world existed for a long time before God created our species. And yes, most species are, indeed, extinct.  Again, you place man too high in importance if you think that the world is shaped solely by what we do....or don't do.  We are to be good stewards of the Earth...that's all; it doesn't belong to us.  And I'm proud of how far my country has come in cleaning up the environment.  Can't say that about a lot of other industrialized countries.  Btw, sharks, whales and rhinos are not extinct.

Ah I see, so you don't believe in 7 day creation. Let see how long it takes until some passionate people pounce you for that.
 You assume much and understand little, uncertain.  I DO believe in a seven day Creation.  I also believe our species was the last created by God, just as Genesis tells us.  As for being pounced on well....I've been pounced on before.  Still kickin', my friend. 
So you believe that 99% of the species that that ever lived also died on the same day God made them?

What on earth would make you ask that???

You said that 99% of species that ever lived died before man was created, then you said you believe in a 7 day creation. I was thinking all the animals were created the same day as man, but I guess that was just the land animals. Since other animals were created on day 5 , I guess that would give less than two days vice one day for that 99% to die.

Oh, I get it.  No, I believe that God created the Heavens and the Earth, all the animals, birds, fish, etc. just as it tells us in Genesis.  However, I believe there was gap in time before He created man. I offer the fossil record as proof of that; many, many species lived and became extinct before He created man.  Our species appeared pretty suddenly a few thousand years ago.  Just as Genesis says.  God's time is not our time and His ways are not our ways.  We will understand all of this when we get to the Kingdom. 

Guest shiloh357

Most of the extinctions occurred during the great flood.   Noah only took two of each kind, not two of each species on to the ark.   So many species of animals that we have never seen became extinct as well.   In fact, it is likely that most species of animals we have today were not part of the original creation.    The animal kingdom that existed before the flood probably looked far, far different than we have now.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Where did the Bible mention the mass extinction you talk about within that 7 day creation? From your own words you said 99% species died before humans were created? Massive extinction in a 7 day period is sure pretty significant, and would've been talked about.

That is not me assuming, that is you making self contradictions to your own belief.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Where did the Bible mention the mass extinction you talk about within that 7 day creation? From your own words you said 99% species died before humans were created? Massive extinction in a 7 day period is sure pretty significant, and would've been talked about.

That is not me assuming, that is you making self contradictions to your own belief.

You ARE assuming that extinctions would have been mentioned.  The Bible doesn't mention them, other than the Flood.  And yet they happened.   If not, all of those species would still be on earth today.  There is no contradiction whatsoever.  God created everything and He created us last.  Simple.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:thumbsup:

Green

While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease. Genesis 8:22

And Math

And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the third day. Genesis 1:11-13

Do Mix~!

Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made. Genesis 2:1-3

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

Most of the extinctions occurred during the great flood.   Noah only took two of each kind, not two of each species on to the ark.   So many species of animals that we have never seen became extinct as well.   In fact, it is likely that most species of animals we have today were not part of the original creation.    The animal kingdom that existed before the flood probably looked far, far different than we have now.

I can see that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

funny121_zps1096df8f.gif?458

disney-chicken-little-sky-falling.gif?13

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,165
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

First there was supposed to be an ice age, then global warming, now just climate change.......and don't forget we were supposed to have an extra foot or so of the ocean level.  They change it as necessary to cover their statements.

There was never supposed to be an ice age, in the 70s time and Newsweek had competing articles based on the musings of a few meteorologist, it was never a position of mainstream science. The only real prediction of cooling from a scientist dealt with aerosols, which were then greatly reduced. So he may well had been right had people not responded correctly.

I was taught that there was going to be an ice age in school. It was back in the 60s and early 70s.

You must have went to a very lousy school, to teach what science didn't even put forth.

I went to a very good private school, one that is still highly ranked today. 

https://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/1970s-ice-age-scare/

That links shows newspaper articles from back then that showed other scientists believed in that stuff. Not just hubert lamb. It was taught in schools as well.

Yes, I'm old enough to remember that in school also. :laugh:  It was the "Climate Change" of the '70s . . . and just as wrong. That didn't work out, so they now don't miss a trick screaming about climate change in every article they can especially now that that California is having its drought. Think the end of the world is scary? Wait'll you see what Jesus does to it on the way to the New Heavens and New Earth!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  05/20/1959

First there was supposed to be an ice age, then global warming, now just climate change.......and don't forget we were supposed to have an extra foot or so of the ocean level.  They change it as necessary to cover their statements.

There was never supposed to be an ice age, in the 70s time and Newsweek had competing articles based on the musings of a few meteorologist, it was never a position of mainstream science. The only real prediction of cooling from a scientist dealt with aerosols, which were then greatly reduced. So he may well had been right had people not responded correctly.

I was taught that there was going to be an ice age in school. It was back in the 60s and early 70s.

You must have went to a very lousy school, to teach what science didn't even put forth.

I went to a very good private school, one that is still highly ranked today. 

https://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/1970s-ice-age-scare/

That links shows newspaper articles from back then that showed other scientists believed in that stuff. Not just hubert lamb. It was taught in schools as well.

Yes, I'm old enough to remember that in school also. :laugh:  It was the "Climate Change" of the '70s . . . and just as wrong. That didn't work out, so they now don't miss a trick screaming about climate change in every article they can especially now that that California is having its drought. Think the end of the world is scary? Wait'll you see what Jesus does to it on the way to the New Heavens and New Earth!

Two things you got wrong.

First, it was not the climate change of the 70s, a review of the scientific journals of the time show more articles, by a 6 to 1 margin, about warming, not cooling.

Second, the scientists that warned about cooling all focused on aerosols, and the need to cut back on their use. In the 70s, not everything was broken down via party lines and people actually listened to the scientists instead of brushing off based on politics, and cut back on the use of aerosols. So, they were not wrong.