IGNORED

The Revelation of Jesus - The Heir. (Vision 2. ch. 6 - 8:1)

Marilyn C

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

I believe that when reading the book of Revelation we need to remember that it is God the Father who is unveiling Christ to us – His glorious Son & Heir who is exalted high above all.

In Rev. 4 & 5, I believe we see God the Father giving His Son & Heir, His inheritance, the title deeds of the earth. Although the world is ruled by those in rebellion against God, He has brought them to Christ`s feet for Him to deal with.

`The Lord (God the Father) said to my Lord (Jesus Christ), “Sit at my right hand, till I make your enemies your footstool.” (Ps. 110: 1)

Then I believe we are shown in dramatic form, God the Father giving His Son & Heir, His inheritance of the nations.

`I will declare the decree: the Lord has said to me; “You are My Son, Today I have begotten you. Ask of Me, & I will give you the nations for your inheritance, & the ends of the earth for your possession.` (Ps. 2: 7 & 8)

`I saw in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne a scroll written inside & on the back, sealed with seven seals......a Lamb....came & took the scroll....& opened..` the seals. (Rev. 5: 1, 7 & 6: 1)

Then when God the Father gives His Son the title deeds, He lifts His restraining hand that was upon the nations & tells Christ to rule over the nations.

`”Rule in the midst of your enemies!”` (Ps. 110: 2)

With this inheritance I believe there are executive directions as to how Christ is to rule. Thus as Rev. 6 & 7 unfold, I believe we are shown a prophetic drama of `who` & `what` Christ will rule over.

How do you see that the Son will `rule in the midst of His enemies?`

Marilyn.

Now my references, the teachers that I learn from –

Dr. Charles J. Rolls. (from the back of his books)

He is renowned on several continents for his encyclopedic knowledge of Scripture & his radiant devotion to the Lord Jesus Christ.
Educated at the university of Cambridge, Dr. Rolls has been a missionary in India, & home director for the Sudan Interior Mission for New Zealand & Australia. He was founder or dean of Bible schools in New Zealand, Australia & the United States. Later relinquishing this ministry to concentrate on writing & preaching, largely in the United States & Canada. Where he now (then) makes his home.

This photograph (on the back of the book), taken on his 96th birthday, shows Dr. Rolls with the Newberry Bible he has used for more than three-quarters of a century, bulging with hundreds of interleaved pages & notes & outlines in his meticulous engraving-like script.

Apostle/pastor Alistair Gardiner. (from the back of his book)

His commitment to the message of this book eventuated in a remarkable manner. During his service in World War 2 as a Pilot, he was involved in a mid-air encounter & a consequent horrific plane crash. Blinded, paralyzed & helpless in the wreckage of his cockpit, God challenged him for future service.

Subsequently he attended Melbourne University, graduating in Commerce (Economics) & Business Administration, followed by a very successful business career. God`s war-time challenge became reality, & he was invited to minister in practically every denomination in numerous countries around the world.

He is currently (1992) the immediate Past President of the Apostolic Church in Australia.

(Marilyn.I have been a member of this denomination all my life.)

Edited by Marilyn C

IMG%20Large%20Scrolls_zpswzvycikm.jpg

This is how I see the front & back of the scroll - the symbolic title deeds of the world.

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

The question - `How do you see that the Son will `rule in the midst of His enemies?`

To `rule,` one must have authority. So where does Christ`s authority come from, & what sort of authority is it? These questions I ask myself as I seek to learn more of what Father God is showing us of His Son.

Now Jesus Himself told us that is was His Father that gave Him all authority –

`Then Jesus came & spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to me in heaven & on earth.” (Matt. 28: 18) and –

`For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself & has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.` (Jhn 5: 26 & 27) and -

`Worthy is the Lamb who was slain to receive power & riches & wisdom, & strength & honour & glory & blessing.` (Rev. 5: 12)

These are some aspects of Christ`s authority that I see –

Authority – to forgive sins,
Authority – over resources,
Authority – over the elements,
Authority – over the nations,
Authority – to judge, (life or death)
Authority – over Satan & the fallen angels,
Authority – over .....so much more.

It is also important to note that Christ`s authority is legal authority. He is God`s only Son & Heir, thus He has legal right to the estates & dominions owned by God. So how does Christ use this great power & authority? Does He bring everyone immediately to judgment & make everything new? No. (That is probably what we as humans would do.)

Christ rules righteously. He warns & protects all who come to Him, yet brings punishment upon the nations (governments) & people who continue in rebellion.

`We give you thanks, O Lord God Almighty, the one who is & who was & who is to come, because you have taken your great power & reigned. The nations were angry & your wrath has come.....` (Rev. 11: 17)

(to be continued) Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

The question - `How do you see that the Son will `rule in the midst of His enemies?`

So I ask myself, `who are Christ`s enemies?` Psalm 2 is a great summary -

`Why do the nations rage, & the people plot a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, & the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord & against His anointed, saying, “Let us break their bonds in pieces & cast away their cords from us.”

He who sits in the heavens shall laugh; the Lord shall hold them in derision. Then He shall speak to them in His wrath, & distress them in His displeasure: “Yet I have set My King on My holy hill of Zion.”

I will declare the decree: The Lord has said to Me, “You are My Son, Today I have begotten you. Ask of Me, & I will give you the nations for your inheritance, & the ends of the earth for your possession. You shall break them with a rod of iron; You shall dash them in pieces like a potter`s vessel.” (Ps. 2: 1 – 9)

The enemies are the kings, rulers, nations of the world. They desire to be a law unto themselves & to break the bonds & cords that God has set upon them. The nations are accountable to God but they are rebelling. God is not mocked, & He has set His King, His Son as the one who will rule over the nations & bring the rebellious to judgment.

Thus as Christ `opens the scroll` we see how rebellious man is operating. The 4 men represent (I believe) man`s methods for control & power – Political, Military, Economic & Satanic. These are presented to us in short dramas, which give the main details.

1. The man given the crown, who went out `conquering & to conquer.`

`Now I saw when the lamb opened one of the seals, & I heard one of the four living creatures saying with a voice like thunder, “Come & see.” And I looked & behold, a white horse. And he who sat on it had a bow; & a crown was given to him, & he went out conquering & to conquer.` (Rev. 6: 1 & 2)

The `crown` indicates Political rulership by a sovereign, (King or Queen). Thus this represents a contemporary power bloc that has a king or queen as the Head, & which has control over a large part of the world.

2. The man given the large sword, who takes peace from the earth. This power bloc has shed much blood & continues to do so.

`When He opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying, “Come & see.” And another horse, fiery red, went out. And it was granted to the one who sat on it to take peace from the earth, & that people should kill one another; & there was given to him a great sword.` (Rev. 6: 3 & 4)

3. The man with the pair of scales in his hand.

`When He opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come & see.” And I looked, & behold, a black horse, & he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, & three quarts of barley for a denarius; & do not harm the oil & the wine.” (Rev. 6: 5 & 6)

The `pair of scales,` or balances, indicate a market economy. This power bloc has initiated the economic philosophy that has gone throughout the world which reduces the people to great poverty.

4. The man with the power to kill over a fourth of the world.

`When He opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, “Come & see.” And I looked & behold, a pale horse. And the name of him who sat on it was death, & Hades followed with him. And power was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword, with hunger, with death, & by the beasts of the earth.` (Rev. 6: 7 & 8)

This is the most terrifying power bloc that eventually controls most of the world. Having power over a fourth of the earth & to kill in all different manners – sword, hunger, death & beasts will be horrendous. Then with `death & Hades,` following, this will make the power bloc & the rest of the world come under Satanic power.

If we know the history of the contemporary power blocs & see how they operate today, then we should be able to easily identify them.

(to be continued)

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

So HOW does Christ bring the nations to judgment? This is how I see it –
In Rev. 6 we see the small dramas, the 4 men that I believe represent nation power blocs with power & control over vast areas. (Political, Military, Economic & Satanic).

There are also 4 horses carrying these men along. Now what do the horses represent? I believe God tells us from the prophet Zechariah that they are the 4 spirits of heaven who go out from the Lord of all the earth. These spirits are sent to bring the nations to judgment. Zechariah is shown these spirits as chariots & horses, while John sees them as horses with men. Each prophet is given some aspect of the picture.

`Then I turned & raised my eyes & looked, & behold, chariots were coming from between two mountains.....”What are these my lord?” And the angel answered & said to me, “These are 4 spirits of heaven, who go out from their station before the Lord of all the earth.” (Zech. 6: 1 – 5)

Thus I see that the Lord will send these 4 spirits out to bring the nations to judgment. The nations think that they can do what they want but it is the Lord who will round them up & expose their rebellious motives & actions.

Marilyn.

When the Lord, as a `Lamb` takes the scroll, His inheritance, to rule in the nations, it is not only His enemies that He is ruling over, but also His people Israel.

So who are the martyrs? And what significant is it for them to be underneath the altar?

In Israel, the altar was where the sacrificial lamb was slain. Then symbolically, to be `underneath the altar,` represents the protection by God, of His servants in Israel, who are martyred. There were many servants of God in Israel who have been killed for their belief in God & speaking forth His word.

God clearly said that He would avenge the blood of His servants in Israel.

“Rejoice O Gentiles, with His people; for He will avenge the blood of His servants, & render vengeance to His adversaries; he will provide atonement for His land & His people.” (Deut. 32: 43)

So in the pictorial representation in Rev. 6: 9 – 11, we see that God will fulfil His word of protecting & avenging His servants –those in Israel`s past & future.

`When He (Christ) opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God & for the testimony which they held. And they cried with a loud voice, saying, “How long, O Lord, holy & true, until you judge & avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?”

And a white robe was given to each of them; & it was said to them that they should rest a little while longer, until both the number of their fellow servants & their brethren, who would be killed as they had been, was completed.` (Rev. 6: 9 – 11)

Marilyn.

The Lord continues to show us how He `rules in the midst of His enemies.`

The next dramatic picture we are presented with is of every living being extremely fearful of the coming judgment upon them by God & the Lamb.

How has the Lord brought them to this place? I believe there are specific actions by Christ ruling, that brings the rebellious nations to judgment. These actions we are shown further on in Revelation.

1. The Lord sends the 4 spirits of heaven to bring the nations together. (Rev. 6: 1 – 8, Zech. 6: 1 – 8)

2. The Lord puts it in the hearts of the main leaders to give their power & authority to one man. That man becomes the Global leader. (the A/C) (Rev. 17: 12, 13, & 17)

3. The Lord gathers the world`s armies to Armageddon, at the north of Israel. (Rev. 16: 13 – 16)

4. The Lord draws the armies down through Israel. (Zech. 13: 7 – 9)

5. The Lord brings the armies to the valley of Jehoshaphat, surrounding Jerusalem. (Joel 3: 1 & 2)

6. The Lord descends & wipes out the world`s armies. (Rev. 19: 11 – 21)

7. As the Lord descends, His awesome glory lights up the sky. The sun had become black & the moon like blood, thus it is a unique day in which everyone would see this light coming closer & closer amid all the darkness. People all over the world realise that it is the day of judgment. (Zech. 14: 5 – 7. Rev. 6: 12 – 17)

`I looked when He opened the sixth seal, & behold, there was a great earthquake; & the sun became black as sackcloth made of hair, & the moon became like blood. And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree drops its late figs when it is shaken by a might wind.

Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, & every mountain & island was moved out of its place.

And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave & every free man, hid themselves in the caves & in the rocks of the mountains, & said to the mountains & rocks,

“Fall on us & hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne & from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of His wrath has come & who is able to stand?” (Rev. 6: 12 – 17)

How powerful is the Lord! Marilyn.

When the Lord opens the scroll, He shows us how He rules in the midst of His enemies, We are also shown 3 groups of people that the Lord delivers from the enemy.

1. The Martyrs, (mentioned preciously) 2. The Priests of Israel, & 3. The Great Multitude out of the Nations.

The Lord delivers these groups of people right through this judgment period of time as they call out to Him. Thus they are not written about at any specific opening of the scroll, but are in a separate section before the final seal is opened.

First, before any judgments the Lord sends four angels to hold back the winds of the earth. This would make for a very eerie stillness, a calm before the storm of judgments.

`I saw 4 angels .... holding the 4 winds of the earth.... `(Rev. 7: 1)

Then another angel is given the task of `sealing,` the priests of God in Israel.

`Do not harm the earth, the sea, or the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God....` (Rev. 7: 3)

These are 12,000 from each of the tribes of Israel, the priests that God said would rule.
This was part of God`s covenant with Israel.

`you shall be to Me a kingdom (rule) of priests & a holy nation.` (Ex. 19: 6)

The `sealing,` represents the anointing of the Holy Spirit enabling these people to go forth & tell others of the coming millennium kingdom. This kingdom was promised to Israel, as part of God`s Covenant & what they looked forward to.

` Jesus said, `this gospel (good news) of the kingdom (promised to Israel) will be preached in all the world as a witness to all nations, & then the end (of the age) will come.` (Matt. 24: 14)

God has not forgotten His people Israel or cast them aside, but held them in discipline till the time for God`s Covenant purpose for them to be outworked.

`has God cast away His people (Israel)? Certainly not!.....` (Rom. 11: 1)

God still has His purpose for the Nation of Israel but it has been held in check until God`s appointed time. As we look further in Revelation we will see this great Covenant purpose of God unfold.

`blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in, & so all Israel will be saved.` (Rom. 11: 25 & 26)

Finally we are shown a great multitude that has come out of every nation, tribe & tongue, on earth. We are told by an angel that these are people who have turned to God in the great tribulation. They have gone through terrible judgments but have cried out to God & repented. So, although they died of hunger, thirst, or heat, God in His great mercy heard their cry & saved them. They are given `white robes,` of righteousness of Christ.

`Behold, a great multitude which no man could number... standing before the throne & before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands,` (Rev. 7: 9)

The palm branches in their hands, indicates the time of the Feast of Tabernacles. This Feast has its fulfilment when the `Tabernacle of God` comes out of heaven to rule over the earth. (New Heavens & New Earth) This great multitude of every nation will be those that walk in its light.

`And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, & the kings of the earth bring their glory & honour into it.` (Rev. 21: 24)

God continues to show mercy amid the judgments. What a wonderful Saviour!

Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

Daniel's view of Jesus receiving the scroll of authority:

Dan. 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. 14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

:thumbsup: Great WilliamL.