IGNORED

When we read the bible, do we believe in Faith?

Wrldtraveller

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

The question I face lately is the end time studies.  I have read the bible back to back several times and I chose to believe in it based on Faith and belief that God is an supernatural being.  He is able to do everything that happened in the bible.  The most recent topic happened to me is the subject of Preterism (partial or full) and it was a new thing for me to know. So I researched it carefully and made comparison with the Bible.  After a long time reading and poring different articles about preterism and various contradictions.  I have come to the conclusion that Preterism is a false doctorine because it removes hope from humankind.  The bible offers hope in everlasting life with Jesus after death.  It offers hope in Jesus's gift of salvation.  So back to my question,  when we read the bible, do we read it in faith and accept that God is all-powerful, able to do what the scriptures says, or do we choose to follow what man expect us to do, read the bible as if its a historical document, and decide based on scientific/ chronological order to either believe or not believe in it.   For me, I choose to believe in God and Jesus and their supernatural power.  I choose to believe in the Hope that God gave us for the future.

your feedback would be appreciated.

wrldtraveller.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Yes,Preterist is unbiblical.I have studied some of their belief.They believe that all Prophecy is history.They deny the future Prophetic quality of the book of Revelation.They do not read the book of Revelation as it is intended which I think is dangerous.

Revelation 22:18-19  

A Warning

18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

The Bible says Satan is the "god of this world."

Either we will believe the Bible is the Word of God or we will deny the truth when we hear it. I remember reading a Gospel the first time and thinking "this is exactly what God would say." "Judge not lest ye be judged." "It's not what goes in your mouth that defiles you, it is what comes out of it." "By your words you will be justified and by your words you will be condemned." 

And if not by the Sacrifice Jesus Christ made, how else could we be saved? Look at our sin. When we feel love for our children, we know that God is good and God is just. When we look at His creation, we know that He is both good and just. 

I believe almost all of man's written history and most of man's theoretical science is Satanically deceptive.

I have received a number of revelations since then. God gave me sight to see the enemy and cast them out in His Name. I have seen the power of Jesus Christ. In fact, I see His power every day now.

10Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Consider this passage. Can we really trust what unbelievers say in history books and in theoretical sciences?

And yes, preterism is heresy. Studying the prophecies themselves will show that.

Edited by HePaidForUs

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

I have come to the conclusion that Preterism is a false doctorine because it removes hope from humankind.

You came to the right conclusion.  Preterism nullifies all the prophecies concerning the future of this earth and universe, and how they will be purified and established in righteousness.  In essence Preterism is spiritual foolishness since it dismisses God's reality as allegory and imagery.  The Bible is to be taken in its plain literal sense unless there is a clear indication that a metaphor or symbol is being used.

The problem with false doctrines is that once individuals or groups commit themselves to erroneous teachings they refuse to let them go.  They refuse to repent of their unbelief and their false ideas no matter how many Scriptures you show them to the contrary.  Paul says "from such turn away".

As to the Bible and how we read it, it is a supernatural book as well as a historical record and Gospel Truth. It is also a book of Divine wisdom. The focus is primarily on Christ from Genesis to Revelation, and at the same time it reveals God's plan for mankind.  Since it is the Word of God there are depths to Scripture which may not even be evident on the surface (2 Tim 3:16,17).

I have come to the conclusion that Preterism is a false doctorine because it removes hope from humankind.

You came to the right conclusion.  Preterism nullifies all the prophecies concerning the future of this earth and universe, and how they will be purified and established in righteousness.  In essence Preterism is spiritual foolishness since it dismisses God's reality as allegory and imagery.  The Bible is to be taken in its plain literal sense unless there is a clear indication that a metaphor or symbol is being used.

The problem with false doctrines is that once individuals or groups commit themselves to erroneous teachings they refuse to let them go.  They refuse to repent of their unbelief and their false ideas no matter how many Scriptures you show them to the contrary.  Paul says "from such turn away".

As to the Bible and how we read it, it is a supernatural book as well as a historical record and Gospel Truth. It is also a book of Divine wisdom. The focus is primarily on Christ from Genesis to Revelation, and at the same time it reveals God's plan for mankind.  Since it is the Word of God there are depths to Scripture which may not even be evident on the surface (2 Tim 3:16,17).

Yes,it is very sad.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

So back to my question,  when we read the bible, do we read it in faith and accept that God is all-powerful, able to do what the scriptures says, or do we choose to follow what man expect us to do, read the bible as if its a historical document, and decide based on scientific/ chronological order to either believe or not believe in it.  

wrldtraveller.

Hi wrldtraveller, I think we all have different reactions when we sit down and crack open the blessed pages of God's word the bible. I do however want to applaude you for taking the time to read your bible from cover to cover and I will encourage you to do it again start all over again. Your faith and knowledge of God will grow and understanding will become your wisdom to guide you in life pertaining to godly things. I've read my bible into the double digit numbers from front cover to back cover over the years since knowing the Lord Jesus Christ as my Saviour. There have been times I've picked my bible up and started reading it and did not get one thing from what I was reading even after reading it it seems like a 100 times searching for the meaning. But then I would up and get the idea to turn the page and move on and low and behold the answer I was trying to get would be found on the next few pages. Sometimes our faith want let us turn the page and we stop and shut up the book and it lays on the shelf and we never get answers or understanding cause we think it is just to hard and we give up. Faith plays a big when reading and studying the word of God as we read the word of God on a regular basis even when we have no understanding of what we are reading just hearing the word of God causes faith to arise and grow in our hearts and we begin to grow deeper in our roots in the words of God. We begin to be able to discern the truth from false teaching because the living words of the only true God is being hidden in our hearts and it causes us to be established in the faith of God's living words. The bible is not just another book on the self but it's words are life eternal it is a living book. It's words can quicken or make us alive in Christ revive our spirits.

Some read the bible not because they are seeking the truth within but just out of curousity and come away with nothing sometimes it's to find some scripture to thwart that God created the world in literally six days and rested on the sabbath. The bible is a spiritual book and to have understanding then you are going to have to be spiritually minded because the natural earthly mind is carnal and on worldly things and cannot understand spiritual things which causing a lack of understanding. It would be great if everyone who did pick up and read through the pages of God's word would indeed be open and the eyes of their understanding would be opened and they could see and believe the truths that are being revealed within. But I don't believe everyone is in the same category as there are heart matters which comes into play from each reader who are all different in that manner. Some would read a truth and reject the lie they were taught at the very beginning when they read it in the word. Some wouldn't accept any truth at all because they have a closed mindset and are not willing to change so they continue to live the lie of their own beliefs so faith works differnent in everyone I believe some will gain it and some will lose it and the truth will determine it in the end. Just thoughts

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

What you say is exactly true but I can't figure out why.  I would be terrified if someone proved to me that I was following false teaching,

What you say is exactly true but I can't figure out why.  I would be terrified if someone proved to me that I was following false teaching,

Mathew 7:7 in your sig should put you at ease. Are you seeking, asking. and knocking? If you are, you are receiving, finding, and the door is being opened!

We might assume everyone else is doing the same. We might be wrong in our assumption! Pride comes before the fall.

A person should be terrified if they are willingly following false doctrine.

Something to keep in mind is that the Bible does prove itself to be the Word of God through prophecy. Here is an example:

Isaiah 66:8

Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

Israel was brought forth in 1 day and BEFORE the war for Israel.

Edited by HePaidForUs