• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

Abraham must have some spiritual gift from God,

In the past Abraham had met some times Angels from God and even later than this episode.

The reaction from Abraham was different than his reaction when he met Melhisedec.

First Abraham was not alone. Other people were with Abraham.

Melhisedec was not alone his army was with him, his supplies were with him,

They must have cultivate wines and wheat .....

to have flour and bake it and grape juice to make wine (and it takes time to make the wine)

Melhisedec also eat and his men.

Abraham and all the people with him, even the King of Sodoma and Lot all of them act like they know who he is, they recognize him and he recognize them, looks like Melhisedec was willing to fight along with Abraham, he must know without any doubt that Abraham will never loose.

Maybe, I say maybe, he had a complain that Anraham did not call him to the fight so he can have part of the spoils. Yes it is very clear that the new him very well.

Now if you ask Melhisedec or any one of his men there. What do you that they new his father's name or not ? What about his mother and his children. This king had many people as his subject, you say it was the old name for Jerusalem.

After some years if you go to his city and ask, who is your King ? What do you think? Would they continuously say King Melhisedec ,King Melhicedec or at some time they will say, we have a new King, Melhisedec died already.

What do you think they will say if you ask them. May I visit his tomb ?

I am not rude, just how I see it anyways.

All the other Kings in that story, the same as Melhisedec we don't know their fathers and or mothers and when they died. What does that mean to you , to the one who knows how to read to much in this istorical even.

Perhaps we should ask Abraham what does he says about Melhisedec, who is he ?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Bless you,

From our perspective, and from Paul's perspective when he wrote Hebrews, Melchizedek appears without beginning and walks into the pages of scriptural history with no end. That's the point that Paul is trying to make. We have a Great High Priest with no beginning and no end and He is in fact a King which is unlike any other order of Priest that we've seen or that God acknowledges. (ie; Aaronic Priesthood.)

Paul is explaining the Priesthood of Christ by using an example and it is a Scriptural example.

I happen to agree with you.

It is likely that those in the city of Salem (Jerusalem) knew Melchizedek but what is at play here is Abraham, the Father of all who are Faithful, acknowledging God's Blessing coming in the form of a Priesthood that was the penultimate example of God's will prior to the inadequate Priesthood of the Aaronic order which was merely a placeholder until the Law was fulfilled.

Peace,

Dave

I don't wish to side track and start an agreement

but saying Paul said that in Hebrews , many will see it not that you are just taking sides, but you are trying to use Paul's gredibility,

Jesus beginning we know and Jesus knows Melhisedec beginning and that is when he was born, I mean Melhisedec selebrated his birth days.

I understand that is a good figure of the future high pried who is not going to be the seed of Aaron and has to be a King ,

Is the most fascinated picture, David is not born yet , we don't have Aaron yet, maybe not Isaac yet.

And we have the picture of Jesus Christ ,the blood of the new covenant, and the bread of life.

That is given not only to Abraham but to everyone

It's amazing,

I like that you say may also has something to do with Abraham, it must the hole episode is very prophetic please I will.be glad to here your input, you are a man without fiction in this amazing historical event

Timothy

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Bless you,

From our perspective, and from Paul's perspective when he wrote Hebrews . . .

Peace,

Dave

Dave, perhaps you should not state things that make is sound as though we know the author of Hebrews was Paul, just a suggestion. I know there are many who disagree on things like did Moses write the Pentateuch, did Peter writ the Petrine letters etc,

but the book of Hebrews does not claim to be authored by Paul, as I am sure you know, nor does the majority of scholarship claim it is Pauline. Doubts about it's authorship go back a log way in church History.

That being said, the book is a masterpiece, and deserves it's place in the Bible, regardless of who wrote it, it is scripture and carries scriptural authority and sound teaching in harmony with the rest of scripture.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

In Joshua 10:13 and II Samuel 1:18 the Bible refers to the Book of Jasher.  In the Book of Jasher Melchizedek is referred to as Adonizedek who is called Shem in Jasher 16:11, who is the son of Noah.  Many believe this can't be the case because of Hebrews 7:3 but if one looks at the Complete Jewish Bible one can see Melchizedek as Shem:

There is no record of his father, mother, ancestry, birth or death; rather, like the Son of God he continues as a cohen for all times.

Hebrews 7:3  The Complete Jewish Bible

So you don't want to make this into a doctrine but I believe that Melchizedek was Shem, but other like Ezra made be correct I supposed we may never know this side of heaven but it will be an interesting to ask when we see Jesus.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

Psalms 76:2   In Salem also is his tabernacle, and his dwelling place in Zion.

What I find so remarkable about the holy bible,  is that unlike no other book, the lineage is always given.  Kings and Prophets can be traced right back through their ancestry to prove their validity.  These prophets and kings were real, not made up characters and God has provided the proof for us.

Hebrews 7:4   Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.

This man Melchizadek turns up, who we never heard of, is even greater than Abraham, and no lineage  given?

Hebrews 7:3   Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

God made it known there was no lineage, ...because there was none. It is clear. People don't just appear without being born or dying?  Only someone that is not human can do that.

Abraham was alone with Melchizadek and personally gave him the tithes.  This was Abraham's blessing, to personally meet "The Word of God" who translated himself into flesh, then disappeared.

This event was recorded for our benefit.  From it we understand that Jesus Christ, the Word of God made this appearance long before his "birth" and was acknowledged by Abraham that he is Jerusalem's very first King and more than that.

.....but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

Jesus only became the Son of God when he was "born" of a woman.

so Melchisedek when he appeared to Abraham, was "made like the Son of God" of which he would become.

He represented himself.

Jesus is not following the order of any one else.  Jesus established the order himself, and all follow him.

Colossians 1:16   For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Colossians 1:17   And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Colossians 1:18   And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Jesus is the first of everything.  The first King of Salem.

Watch out for any other book that says anything different.  This would be considered eating of "strange flesh", another gospel, a counterfeit, sent to distort the simple truth.

God bless everyone.

Jesus likes people who are strong. No to be afraid like leafs in the wint.

He gave him 10 % of the spoils.

Can you described the spoils, like if you were there as an observer and you had the duty to mark down every item that Abraham gave to Melhisedec , what would those items be?

Then will know what the 90% consist of.

Abraham and the king of Sodoma act like the know who he is. They never called him Lord and now down to him. And he never did some miraculous thing to reveal himself as some angel, as usual. The Man had a Kingtom with people he had people with him and animals to carry the goods,,, someone baked the bread and someone made the wine and his servants cary the goods away, what do you suggest he suddenly, every body from his company, together with the animals and their weapons disappear. Then Anraham and all the others will suffer lost,

Never has been recorder that some haevenly figure appear, took material things that belong to somebody else.

Do you thing Jesus wrote the good book of Hebrews?

Take knot that Jesus not only he new Jonh's ministry, but even himself ask his disciples to baptize people with water for the forgiveness of sins,

Jesus will never say: without the shedding of blood there is not forgiveness of sins.

Why Jesus is not alive and communicates with us even today. What is your need go to Jesus

'

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

Jesus likes people who are strong. No to be afraid like leafs in the wint.

He gave him 10 % of the spoils.

Can you described the spoils, like if you were there as an observer and you had the duty to mark down every item that Abraham gave to Melhisedec , what would those items be?

Then will know what the 90% consist of.

Timothy

Genesis 14:21   And the king of Sodom said unto Abram, Give me the persons, and take the goods to thyself.

Genesis 14:22   And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth,

Genesis 14:23   That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:

Genesis 14:24   Save only that which the young men have eaten, and the portion of the men which went with me, Aner, Eshcol, and Mamre; let them take their portion.

It is clear that Abraham did not take the spoils.  So the spoils were not offered up.

Hebrews 7:2   To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;

I don't know what Abraham gave, it doesn't say exactly, but 10% of all.

Maybe this is a clue?

Genesis 13:2   And Abram was very rich in cattle, in silver, and in gold.

I have never heard of anyone offering up silver or gold at the altar, so I am presuming maybe cattle?  What else could it be?

Let's indetified the issues:

Did Melhisedec met Abram or Abraham?

[is it significan? and how, can that

affect the parallel meanings?]

Did Abram give 10% of everything he had?

[is it important to clarified the 10%,

The "All" or everything he had,

or the goods,(did Abram had any

goods, when he met Melhisedec?]

Did Abraham ever met Melhisedec?

Is the king of Sodoma a real person?

[ how can we tell if it is or if it is not?]

Is the king of the Nations a real person?

[how can we tell?]

What paralellism we may see in this meeting if any?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,660
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Question: "Who was Melchizedek?"

Answer:Melchizedek, whose name means “king of righteousness,” was a king of Salem (Jerusalem) and priest of the Most High God (Genesis 14:18–20;Psalm 110:4;Hebrews 5:6–11;6:20—7:28). Melchizedek’s sudden appearance and disappearance in the book of Genesis is somewhat mysterious. Melchizedek and Abraham first met after Abraham’s defeat of Chedorlaomer and his three allies. Melchizedek presented bread and wine to Abraham and his weary men, demonstrating friendship. He bestowed a blessing on Abraham in the name ofEl Elyon(“God Most High”) and praised God for giving Abraham a victory in battle (Genesis 14:18–20).

Abraham presented Melchizedek with a tithe (a tenth) of all the items he had gathered. By this act Abraham indicated that he recognized Melchizedek as a priest who ranked higher spiritually than he.

InPsalm 110, a messianic psalm written by David (Matthew 22:43), Melchizedek is presented as a type of Christ. This theme is repeated in the book of Hebrews, where both Melchizedek and Christ are considered kings of righteousness and peace. By citing Melchizedek and his unique priesthood as a type, the writer shows that Christ’s new priesthood is superior to the old levitical order and the priesthood of Aaron (Hebrews 7:1–10).

Some propose that Melchizedek was actually a pre-incarnate appearance of Jesus Christ, or aChristophany. This is a possible theory, given that Abraham had received such a visit before. ConsiderGenesis 17where Abraham saw and spoke with the Lord (El Shaddai) in the form of a man.

Hebrews 6:20says, “[Jesus] has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.” This termorderwould ordinarily indicate a succession of priests holding the office. None are ever mentioned, however, in the long interval from Melchizedek to Christ, an anomaly that can be solved by assuming that Melchizedek and Christ are really the same person. Thus the “order” is eternally vested in Him and Him alone.

Hebrews 7:3says that Melchizedek was “without father or mother, without genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life, resembling the Son of God, he remains a priest forever.” The question is whether the author of Hebrews means thisactuallyorfiguratively.

If the description in Hebrews is literal, then it is indeed difficult to see how it could be properly applied to anyone but the Lord Jesus Christ. No mere earthly king “remains a priest forever,” and no mere human is “without father or mother.” IfGenesis 14describes a theophany, then God the Son came to give Abraham His blessing (Genesis 14:17–19), appearing as the King of Righteousness (Revelation 19:11,16), the King of Peace (Isaiah 9:6), and the Mediator between God and Man (1 Timothy 2:5).

If the description of Melchizedek is figurative, then the details of having no genealogy, no beginning or ending, and a ceaseless ministry are simply statements accentuating the mysterious nature of the person who met Abraham. In this case, the silence in the Genesis account concerning these details is purposeful and better serves to link Melchizedek with Christ.

Are Melchizedek and Jesus the same person? A case can be made either way. At the very least, Melchizedek is a type of Christ, prefiguring the Lord’s ministry. But it is also possible that Abraham, after his weary battle, met and gave honor to the Lord Jesus Himself.

Read more:http://www.gotquestions.org/Melchizedek.html#ixzz3es3Y6HIt

Well done!