alphaparticle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Steve S. is right; this thread is about how Christian MEN should act.  We're right back to talking about the women.  Guys, you need to step up and tell us how you should act.  And ladies, you need to tell THEM how they shouldn't act.  Shall I go first? 

Men, stop acting like you're a walking hormone and take responsibility for any stumbling instead of blaming it on women. 

Bopeep covered it pretty good when she said "it is slim pickins for a Christian man with good character,integrity,morals and values". I'll add a  man must be honest, he must not lie to his woman (not telling the whole truth is lying, sorry guys). A man must know what real love is, love is giving without expecting anything in return (I know it is a hard one to swallow guys, but Jesus did it for us). A man must pamper his woman, treat her with respect, this goes for married men and unmarried men who think they found that woman they want to spend the rest of their life with (remember she is or going to be the mother of your children). Speaking of respect, a man should treat all women with respect (remember they are all God's daughters, don't make God mad). Last but not least, you can never say I love you to your wife enough.

I know this thread is for how men should act, but I want to give one bit of advice to the women. Be there for your husband as much as possible, men find it comforting when their wives are with them to support them in whatever they are doing, hobbies, repairing the family car or doing repairs in the house. You don't have to say much, just be there for him, if he ask for a wench give it to him (BUT DON'T THROW IT). I guarantee if you spend some time with your husband in this manner you will bring a smile to his face, try it.

Oldzimm  O

Great post, oldzimm.  Mrs.  Oldzimm is a lucky woman! 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Men should be Christ like.....   simple as that....

Absolutely.  The issue that was raised in this thread is why has feminine modesty  become an issue?  And the answer is because it is an issue

I was at a place of business recently where the attendant at the counter was a young woman (and chunky to boot).  Not only was her cleavage exposed partially but she had some kind of unreadable message tatooed across the top.  She probably did not give it a thought, and assumed that this was "business casual".

This type of female exposure is becoming the norm.  So Christian women need to be asking themselves whether they are allowing these norms to influence them, or are they resisting them.  If they are not resisting them, then men (in general) should not be blamed for their inappropriate responses.

I know a young lady who often wears very low tops.The fact that she is chunky means nothing.There are a lot of chunky women.She has a couple of guns tattooed on that cleavage. fear.gif

I don't care if you women decide to run around naked......   men are still responsible for their actions.....      and I can tell you that even though you do I will not be unfaithful to my wife.....           and the problem is that too many men are not that way....    and that's not womens problem it is ours.....    our tongue is very capable of uttering the word "no".

The day we got married I promised my wife I would not be intimate with anyone but her.......    that was in front most of both of our families and a large number of our friends.....    and most important we invited God to our wedding....       there is no excuse for not being faithful to your spouse.

As for lust, that's a different story.....   God seems to have put hormones in our system to drive things and we are supposed to learn to control these hormones....

I think as a Christian you should care if a woman runs around half naked because that is not what God wants.Men are only human and the temptation is great and it is very easy for them to stumble and fall if a woman puts that temptation before them.Look at David in the OT.Some men do not want it to change because they like the eye candy.

\

Makes me wonder why woman are called 'the weaker sex'.  Most women would not stumble like David if they saw an unclothed man. 

You are probably right....      but we do have different things that drive us...   Apparently most Arab Muslims can't control themselves at all.....    or are brought up to not even try...

Thank God that most men are NOT descendents of Ishmael, eh? 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

Some way, some how, this thread that seems to have degraded into discussing women's clothing? 

Do we really expect anything else here? I am learning not to, though I try to encourage people to stay on track and discuss the topic, it does not seem to work!

At least you are not banning all of us  :mgcheerful:

Steve S. is right; this thread is about how Christian MEN should act.  We're right back to talking about the women.  Guys, you need to step up and tell us how you should act.  And ladies, you need to tell THEM how they shouldn't act.  Shall I go first? 

Men, stop acting like you're a walking hormone and take responsibility for any stumbling instead of blaming it on women. 

Bopeep covered it pretty good when she said "it is slim pickins for a Christian man with good character,integrity,morals and values". I'll add a  man must be honest, he must not lie to his woman (not telling the whole truth is lying, sorry guys). A man must know what real love is, love is giving without expecting anything in return (I know it is a hard one to swallow guys, but Jesus did it for us). A man must pamper his woman, treat her with respect, this goes for married men and unmarried men who think they found that woman they want to spend the rest of their life with (remember she is or going to be the mother of your children). Speaking of respect, a man should treat all women with respect (remember they are all God's daughters, don't make God mad). Last but not least, you can never say I love you to your wife enough.

I know this thread is for how men should act, but I want to give one bit of advice to the women. Be there for your husband as much as possible, men find it comforting when their wives are with them to support them in whatever they are doing, hobbies, repairing the family car or doing repairs in the house. You don't have to say much, just be there for him, if he ask for a wench give it to him (BUT DON'T THROW IT). I guarantee if you spend some time with your husband in this manner you will bring a smile to his face, try it.

Oldzimm  

That is good advise.I don't have one of those things you call a husband but support and encouragement is important.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Oh believe me bopeep and MorningGlory I'm not perfect, I do fall (more than I should) and that's another quality a man needs, to humble himself to say "I'm sorry".

Oldzimm

Oh believe me bopeep and MorningGlory I'm not perfect, I do fall (more than I should) and that's another quality a man needs, to humble himself to say "I'm sorry".

Oldzimm

Very few people in this world can say the words "I am sorry" three very important words that pave the road to forgiveness.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  0

Reading these responses. I notice two things seem to keep manifesting in the opinions of the posters here:

Firstly, there is a consensus that there are not that many Godly men out there to find to marry.

Secondly, there is a consensus that there are not that many Godly women out there to find to marry.

I do not totally disagree with this opinion, in that it seems there are a *comparative* few Christians left in the united states who are following after Christ. However, a comparative few in a country with 310 million people still leaves a lot of people out there.

Since this has gone in a direction towards being mainly about relationships between men and women and how men view women, and since the idea behind the OP here is requesting a conversation about how Christian men should act, I'll stick to that. Firstly, I think that while there are a comparative few Christian women out there looking to marry, I think there are a lot of Christian women out there looking to marry. I think the same is true for men. What I am getting at is that maybe it is so hard to find a mate because of how we approach finding a mate.

From Paul:

Eph 5:25  Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 
Eph 5:26  that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 
Eph 5:27  that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. 
Eph 5:28  So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself.

This is the picture paul paints of how a husband should treat a wife. Now, I realize that this thread has gone in a direction away from relationships between husbands and wives and that the OP seemed to want to discuss how men should act in a broad sense, but I think these verses are relevant regardless, I'll explain why shortly.

From Peter:

1Pe 3:7  Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered.

This verse is obviously a contentious one, it calls women the "weaker vessel." I have no wish to address that or start a controversy by using this verse. I'm simply using this as an illustration of how Peter said a husband should treat a wife. As importantly, though, Peter, just below this verse, says:

1Pe 3:8  Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous; 
1Pe 3:9  not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing. 

So, at it's core, when the question is asked, "how are Christian men supposed to act," in a broad and general sense, I think that 1 Peter 3:8-9 is a very good place to start! (Also, what do you know? This also seems to be a good place to start as far as how Christian women should act - imagine that!). I for one wish I'd followed these verses more closely throughout my life - even now. Who wouldn't benefit from being reminded how important these qualities in a Christian (man or woman)?

To address the more specific question of how men should treat women in particular, even single men with single women, I think the above verses from Paul on marriage and the verse immediately preceding these two from Peter is also a good place to start. When I say this I don't mean that every man should go about treating every woman he meets as if she is his wife. What i *do* mean to say is that if you show that you are *capable* of these qualities when interacting with and/or pursuing Godly women, then you are going to be a lot more likely to find yourself a Godly woman, in my opinion. Is this going to be attractive to the world? No.

My contention is that if men who are seeking after Christ want to find women seeking after Christ (and vice versa) then it's probably best to do a lot more socialization with Godly women (and men, if you are a woman). Is this always easy? No. Is this important? Absolutely. It is primarily important because we are called to fellowship (Heb 10:24  And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, (25)  not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.). In the current times in which we find ourselves this is incredibly important.

My simple answer to this is that squabbling over low cut tops and the inability of men to control themselves is bankrupt. It ends nowhere. This is the culture we find ourselves in and it is not going away. The best place to seek answers on this is the word, and there are a lot more answers in the word on this topic than I have posted here. Don't despair over society's degradation, rejoice that our God is an awesome God.

Guest Thallasa

Agreed ,a good start,  :biggrinflip:   M.G.   You are of course correct ; and maybe if men were to ignore women

who expose it all ,  then they would have no reason to dress 'like that ' ,but then again maybe not .

We are after all in  2015 and I am not sure what goes anymore .

Edited by Thallasa

Guest shiloh357

I dunno...   I just get up, do my job, come home, mind my own business and I never cause women any trouble.  So far, no women have ever been offended or mistreated by that.   To me, people make things, especially relationships, more complicated than they have to.   I don't touch women beyond a handshake and I limit my conversations with them and to this day, no one has ever been traumatized or felt threatened.  I don't even look at them if I am not talking to them.   Even a casual smile can lead to misinterpretation and so I just look straight ahead, and as I said earlier, I mind my own business.    So far, I have never been accused of mistreating the opposite sex using those methods.   I think they appreciate it, actually.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Makes me wonder why woman are called 'the weaker sex'.

The bible doesn't say that the woman is called the "weaker sex"

But the bible says the woman is the "weaker vessel"

What happened in the garden between the serpent and the woman was not sexual in nature her sexuality didn't become weakened. Instead it was the seduction done within the trickery of her mind that became weakened. The answers to the reasons why are found in God's word concerning this.

A "VESSEL" has nothing to do with sexual desire or gratification.