He said, “I do not know. Am I my brother’s keeper?”

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

That does not mean that we need to know where they are or what they are doing but we should be invest enough to other brothers and sisters in Christ to notice when something seems to be out of place.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

i was thinking somewhat at a tangent within God's directions to his children...

like in a post i just saw at

which sums up "owe nothing but love" ....

yet, after post 3, remember we are told in scripture to 'check'<test><verify with positive expectation>  one another <daily|other> to make sure none of us are sidetracked/ deceived by sin or the enemy...

I don't think we are responsible for one another; other than to not generate or spread false doctrine.  We should try to tell a brother or sister who is straying the truth.  Then it is up to him/her to accept that truth or reject it. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1984

Keeper means carer, so most.definitely believers care for other believers in the faith

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Are we our brothers keeper? Only if we are not children of that wicked one! If we are like Cain then we would not give of our earthy treasures to help another in need but rather shut up the bowels of compassion and blame them for their troubles. But if we be like God and be his children then we give cheerfully when a need arises. And that is just earthy things. Lets consider the more important spiritual matters! If we shepherd the sheep we are brother to Christ and child of God. If we allow wolves to enter in and devour the flock we are no more than highered hands seeking our own.

I pray to God that I am my brothers keeper at all times!

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

Are we our brothers keeper? Only if we are not children of that wicked one! If we are like Cain then we would not give of our earthy treasures to help another in need but rather shut up the bowels of compassion and blame them for their troubles. But if we be like God and be his children then we give cheerfully when a need arises. And that is just earthy things. Lets consider the more important spiritual matters! If we shepherd the sheep we are brother to Christ and child of God. If we allow wolves to enter in and devour the flock we are no more than highered hands seeking our own.

I pray to God that I am my brothers keeper at all times!

Amen.  This is exactly what God expects.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

Something that most of us frequently forget is that the children of God are actually part of the family of God.  And just as in a real loving family, each one looks out for the other, God expects the same from Christians. 

Satan, however, has made sure that Christians will remain divided, hence the numerous denominations, etc.  Indeed Christians are to call each other "brother" or "sister" and are clearly forbidden by the Lord to assume any titles whatsover (Father, Rabbi, Doctor, Reverend, etc.).  Christ said "ALL YE ARE BRETHREN" which automatically makes each one their brother's keeper.  Not only does that involve care and concern, but also rebuke and discipline. Christ said "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten", and God says that chastening is a proof of sonship.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  156
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

I can't help but chuckle when I read Cain's sarcastic reply to God. It shows how familiar they were with each other at that time. Abel was Cain's true brother and it would seem that God expected that he should know of his whereabouts.

Jesus takes us a step further as he gives us the command to love our neighbours as ourselves. My neighbours are not my brothers or sisters and yet  love them I must. If we are meant to love our neighbours, how much more should we be concerned about the whereabouts of the souls of our brothers and sisters in Christ and in the flesh.

Please don't think I am good at this just because I know it. :) 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Content Count:  4,228
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

Yes we are our brothers keeper in all the good sense that its definition entails.

Most importantly it means to care for, to be of assistance or help if need be, to show the way if lost .

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

We are to love one another as Christ loves us.  It is much more than  being our brother's keeper in the sense of the story of Cain and Abel; but the biblical account of Cain's sin  does speak a warning to all that may fall into the same trap of jealously and envy Cain did and then blame and kill or do violence of any kind.

It  might not mean actual murder but killing the Spirit, heart, and soul by things like abuse, degradation, and anything of malice and evil intent.