• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I have trouble with spiders spinning webs over my security cameras.....    then the wind blows them around and at night the infrared light reflects off them and runs the recorder all night long.  I need to find something that will keep the spiders off the cameras.

Getting tired of watching Spidey webs on your cameras all day lol

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I have trouble with spiders spinning webs over my security cameras.....    then the wind blows them around and at night the infrared light reflects off them and runs the recorder all night long.  I need to find something that will keep the spiders off the cameras.

I'll send you some centipedes I am told they eat spiders.

they do, but they freak me out just to know that there are some in Oklahoma......   I would not tolerate them in/under or around my house.....    I'd turn the place into a toxic waste dump.......       did you know those things can move over sixteen inches in less than a second....            they may not be able to actually hurt humans but they can very easily make humans hurt themselves.....     they, like spiders, should not exist more than two sheets of paper thick.......    even though I did make humor about them being pets.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

they actually don't show in the day time, but at night the bright infrared lights make them glow white in the picture and with movement my dvr records about 30 seconds....   problem is the dvr records all night long and it's hard to find things going bump in the night when you have a 12 hour video to watch.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

You sure have a lot of security cameras.Inside and out?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

The very first sentence was they're harmless lol. Even if they did contradict themselves later, they still said they're all harmless. That's what happens I guess when you get an encyclopedia written by everyone and their dog, errrr centipede.

There was a huge spider crawling across my floor.Maybe poisonous or a Brown Recluse.I got something heavy and smashed the sucker all over the floor.Worked for me.

Living down here I'm in poisonous spider land.  The big ones are usually harmless (although scary!).  We have Wolf spiders in Texas that are the diameter of a regular saucer.  The brown recluse and black widow are quite small.  They can kill you if you are super allergic to their venom. 

ok if we're going to talk about spiders . . .. when we first moved into this house over 20 years ago,  I was holding my newborn baby girl, sitting on a step on our landing.  The landing continued along side the garage, then stepped down.  At that corner is a drainspout . . .and out of that drainspout crawled the HUGEST spider I had ever seen . . it was bigger than my hand and  I just froze.     I finally shouted for my husband but by the time he got there, it had crawled back into the drainspout and he didn't believe a word I said.   

OH BOY that would have given me a heart attack.

My first thought was it was going to come get me and no way could I move fast enough.  lol

I have a good recipe to repel spiders.Would you like it?

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

We had that problem for several months with a spider and the smoke alarms. And since they are connected, all of them went off. We either finally killed it or it moved on. What a pain that was lol.

they actually don't show in the day time, but at night the bright infrared lights make them glow white in the picture and with movement my dvr records about 30 seconds....   problem is the dvr records all night long and it's hard to find things going bump in the night when you have a 12 hour video to watch.

My cameras have the same issue. I normally though never even bother to look at my feed unless I have cause to, like if I get up and find something out of place.

• Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Content Per Day:  1.63
  • Days Won:  2

Just pick it up and throw it out the door?

Exactly   lol

And there's centipedes and milipedes.

Every year we get a centipede or two for a couple of weeks and then they disappear.

Most are harmless to humans.

Now this one would be freaky

This-Texas-redhead-centipede-is-freaking

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2015/07/04/This-Texas-redhead-centipede-is-freaking-the-Internet-out/7961436024663/

I think I would let that one have the house!!!  

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Just pick it up and throw it out the door?

Exactly   lol

And there's centipedes and milipedes.

Every year we get a centipede or two for a couple of weeks and then they disappear.

Most are harmless to humans.

Now this one would be freaky

This-Texas-redhead-centipede-is-freaking

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2015/07/04/This-Texas-redhead-centipede-is-freaking-the-Internet-out/7961436024663/

I think I would let that one have the house!!!  

Me too!  That thing is terrifying! 

it could be worse. . . 

centipede_zpsr9mqaif7.jpg