angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

A book of enoch is quoted in the bible. There is no proof that the one known today as the book of enoch is the same one.

The first two books known today is and has been in the Ethiopian Bible and also there are many sets of fragments that match up with it that was found in the Dead Sea Scrolls....   it is the same.

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Did anybody read or seen the video of Enoch? 

I know it is not in the Bible ..if anybody read it before please let me know what you think of it as I,m debating to watch the video online...

From what I heard and seen  so far..it is interesting ..

I would download the book instead of watching the video....    Much like the Bible, movies are not the same as the actual writing....

Unlike Bopeep, I do believe there is truth in at least the first two books.  The third book is more attuned to what is written in the Zohar and is questionable..   Rather New Age kind of things   I do also think there are some translation things that have to be thought out......   300 foot giants being chief in my personal studies......   I would not wager on the actual heights, but there are people today who are doing studies digging around finding things.    Marzouli would be one to check into.

i would not put it on the same scale as the Bible, but it answers a lot of questions about things.     If you understand that book and Jasher and Jubilees, it gives some insight into what the devil is up to today...... 

I know it is not in the Bible ..if anybody read it before please let me know what you think of it as I,m debating to watch the video online...

I would download the book instead of watching the video....    Much like the Bible, movies are not the same as the actual writing....

Unlike Bopeep, I do believe there is truth in at least the first two books.  The third book is more attuned to what is written in the Zohar and is questionable..   Rather New Age kind of things   I do also think there are some translation things that have to be thought out......   300 foot giants being chief in my personal studies......   I would not wager on the actual heights, but there are people today who are doing studies digging around finding things.    Marzouli would be one to check into.

i would not put it on the same scale as the Bible, but it answers a lot of questions about things.     If you understand that book and Jasher and Jubilees, it gives some insight into what the devil is up to today...... 

Thank you other one,can you please give me some trustworthy links for all the books you mentioned? (Including Jasher and Jubilees?

The reason I want to read those books is to get more insight in the days we live in ...

Thank you :)

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Thank you other one,can you please give me some trustworthy links for all the books you mentioned? (Including Jasher and Jubilees?

The reason I want to read those books is to get more insight in the days we live in ...

I got them from Amazon in Kindle format.....   http://www.amazon.com/The-Books-Enoch-Jubilees-Jasher/dp/1490930493

If you don't have a kindle, you can download thier PC reader for free and read them on that.

You can find them on the internet in a PDF format several places, but I don't trust free downloads from most places.

Amazon has all three for $4.99 in Kindle format at that URL.  I would loan you my kindle copy, but you can't share books outside the country you live in....

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Angels

Yes,I have,,,,,,,I think you will find it very interesting & I would not ever suggest it to anyone other than a mature Christian that is firmly grounded & rooted in the Word of God,,,,,,,,,unless you have  Wisdom & Understanding in Gods Truth,it would be most difficult to discern untruths,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you seem solid to me & I think you just may pick it up & put it down right away or enjoy the read,,,,,,,,,,,,,In all our reading,research or studies outside of what we know as 'the Bible" we must pray & ask the Holy Spirit to "reveal & discern"...... lean not on your own understanding

I agree with other one,,,,,,,,,,,,it has answered some questions for me(in the first 2 books mostly),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Truthfully,it has been so many years since i picked it up that there is so much I've forgotten........................I have no more interest in anything outside of Gods Word as I once did,long ago,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,read it f or yourself,I didn't like the video much but I am a reader                               All Glory to God!                                 With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

A book of enoch is quoted in the bible. There is no proof that the one known today as the book of enoch is the same one.

How so?

The first two books known today is and has been in the Ethiopian Bible and also there are many sets of fragments that match up with it that was found in the Dead Sea Scrolls....   it is the same.

Thank you.   :)

The book of Enoch was considered for being included in the ancient canon of scripture.   It is quoted and alluded to in the New Testament, demonstrating that it was read and used by Jesus and the Apostles.   I personally would want to use what they used - and, contrary to what some may believe, that includes the 7 books Luther removed from the bible.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

I got them from Amazon in Kindle format.....   http://www.amazon.com/The-Books-Enoch-Jubilees-Jasher/dp/1490930493

If you don't have a kindle, you can download thier PC reader for free and read them on that.

You can find them on the internet in a PDF format several places, but I don't trust free downloads from most places.

Amazon has all three for $4.99 in Kindle format at that URL.  I would loan you my kindle copy, but you can't share books outside the country you live in....

One should also be able to find them online for free at Christian Classics Ethereal Library  - this is an amazing resource

The Book of Enoch

http://www.ccel.org/c/charles/otpseudepig/enoch/ENOCH_1.HTM

It's in 5  sections with links at the top of the page

Jubilees

http://www.ccel.org/c/charles/otpseudepig/jubilee/index.htm

links to each of the chapters is at the bottom

The Book of Jasher

http://www.ccel.org/a/anonymous/jasher/home.html

Guest shiloh357

The Apocrypha is not Scripture.  It contains numerous historical and theological errors and was never quoted by the Apostles.  

The book of Enoch  may have been quoted a times by the NT writers, but it was for the purpose of making a didactic point. They, at no time, elevated it to Scripture.

The Apocrypha is not Scripture.  It contains numerous historical and theological errors and was never quoted by the Apostles.  

The book of Enoch  may have been quoted a times by the NT writers, but it was for the purpose of making a didactic point. They, at no time, elevated it to Scripture.

Thank you Shiloh for your warning.

I know its not Scripture but historical ..I heard about it and just want to know what is says,did you ever read it? 

How can a person know those things if you don't ever read them or at least seen them?

The Bible is the Bible and the only true Word of God ,I will never compromise anything with the Bible ,I don't really know who those writers are other then then their name..

How about Josephus?

:) 

One should also be able to find them online for free at Christian Classics Ethereal Library  - this is an amazing resource

The Book of Enoch

http://www.ccel.org/c/charles/otpseudepig/enoch/ENOCH_1.HTM

It's in 5  sections with links at the top of the page

Jubilees

http://www.ccel.org/c/charles/otpseudepig/jubilee/index.htm

links to each of the chapters is at the bottom

The Book of Jasher

http://www.ccel.org/a/anonymous/jasher/home.html

Thank you , I will look into it when I have a little more time....

thanks for letting me borrow it if I lived closer,that's very kind of you...

Blessings Angels

Yes,I have,,,,,,,I think you will find it very interesting & I would not ever suggest it to anyone other than a mature Christian that is firmly grounded & rooted in the Word of God,,,,,,,,,unless you have  Wisdom & Understanding in Gods Truth,it would be most difficult to discern untruths,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you seem solid to me & I think you just may pick it up & put it down right away or enjoy the read,,,,,,,,,,,,,In all our reading,research or studies outside of what we know as 'the Bible" we must pray & ask the Holy Spirit to "reveal & discern"...... lean not on your own understanding

I agree with other one,,,,,,,,,,,,it has answered some questions for me(in the first 2 books mostly),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Truthfully,it has been so many years since i picked it up that there is so much I've forgotten........................I have no more interest in anything outside of Gods Word as I once did,long ago,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,read it f or yourself,I didn't like the video much but I am a reader                               All Glory to God!                                 With love-in Christ,Kwik

Thanks Kwik,how are you doing?

So nice to see you posting again :)

We missed you on the board and pray everything it well?

I have a friend who's ordering the book and I was thinking to tell her not to get it because she's a verely  new Christian, I was talking to her about discernment and how important it is.. she is  learning about the Bible and Christianity..

Thanks for your input :)