• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,652
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Or has God been doing so already?

And to what degree does this reflect our effectiveness / ineffectiveness as Christian witnesses?

...as keepers of the Word of God?

...as carnal believers, participating in / indulging in the vices of the world?

Hasn't the American Supreme Court recently been the final warning blast on God trumpet that the last straw of his patience has been broken?

If (or since) all these things are true... ought we not rather be in mourning and seeking forgiveness and prayerful repentance and forsaking what we have or have not done according to the will of God?

2 Chronicles 7:14 (AV)

14If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

God’s judgement(upon individual nations), is real, because God is real......
 “Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.”
  (Proverbs 14:34)

To doubt God’s judgement, is like “doubting God”.
------------------------
Yes, America is being JUDGED BY GOD right now, just as other nations of the world have been and are being judged. 

But our judgement is going to be more severe(it’s going be get worse than most), because of all the great blessings God has bestowed upon us.....
 “But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes.

For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.”

(Luke 12:48)
------------------------
One of the evidences of God’s present judgement upon us, is the “blindness” of God’s people....
 “For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us,

what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?”  (1 Peter 4:17)

As seen in almost every “Christian” forum on the internet(& they do show the state of the Church).
I am seeing people “blinded” to the most basic truths, clearly stated in God’s Word.
The first few responses in this thread are a good example.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

The world is about to be judged.It is called the tribulation Isaiah 2:12;Matthew 24:2.God is just waiting for this to happen so all that He knows will come to believe can be harvested in the rapture before the tribulation.The born again believers will not be on earth for this tribulation 1 Thessalonians 5:9.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

America has received several "warning" judgments already, but they have generally been ignored or relegated to the "natural disaster" status. "Mother Nature" is held responsible instead of recognizing God's hand.

All the decisions of the Obama administration and the Supreme Court are a mockery of God and righteousness.  Since the whole world will be judged, we can be certain that America will be judged also.  Perhaps even more severely than other nations who have less light and less opportunities to do right. 

BTW we should not misapply 2 Chr 7:14 which is meant for Israel and the Jews.  The day will come when te Jews will mourn and repent and turn to Christ with their whole heart.  Then indeed their land wll be healed.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

The World has been spitting on God's face for quite sometime.Vengeance is God's and I am sure glad I do not have to experience it.It will definitely not be like anything a human could put on anyone. 

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I don't believe that America is going to be singled out for judgment....the Lord will unleash His judgment on the entire world.  We are no better or worse than any other country really.  We deserve His wrath, that much is true, but the rest of mankind will share it.  I believe we, the faithful, will be spared but no one else. 

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Yes, America is being chastised because God disciplines his own children first. Christian nations (or former Christian nations) are being punished because they have turned away from God. But God is patient and the punishments are mild at first, they usually take the form of lost privileges to start off with. Sometimes God waits before removing a privilege to give a nation time to repent. That's why you may see a couple of generations lapse before the punishment takes place. I expect to see the U.S.A. lose things that she was previously blessed with.

However when nations interfere with God's prophetic plans the punishment is dealt out quicker because time is short and the prophetic clock cannot be stopped. I read somewhere that every time the U.S.A. introduces a policy that is bad for Israel, punishment is dished out within 24 hours. I'm not sure how true that is, perhaps somebody could enlighten me. I think the punishments take the form of natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes, hurricanes and so on.

Here's food for thought too. In the late 1940s, Great Britain had the mightiest empire on Earth. She refused to acknowledge the forthcoming state of Israel and vetoed the attempts to create such a state. Within a couple of years her empire had gone!

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

Here's food for thought too. In the late 1940s, Great Britain had the mightiest empire on Earth. She refused to acknowledge the forthcoming state of Israel and vetoed the attempts to create such a state. Within a couple of years her empire had gone!

On top of that, the British held to the Bible as the Word of God until the demise of Queen Victoria.  Many missionaries went out from the British Isles with the Gospel and many were saved.  Since then they turned their backs on the Bible and Bible Truth (just like the USA, Canada, and the Rest of the West), and they suffered for it.

The greater the light that is given, the greater is the judgment.  Please note carefully what the Lord said to Capernaum and all the cities to which He went personally and was rejected.  Their punishment would be greater than that of Sodom and Gomorrah.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

On top of that, the British held to the Bible as the Word of God until the demise of Queen Victoria.  Many missionaries went out from the British Isles with the Gospel and many were saved.  Since then they turned their backs on the Bible and Bible Truth (just like the USA, Canada, and the Rest of the West), and they suffered for it.

The greater the light that is given, the greater is the judgment.  Please note carefully what the Lord said to Capernaum and all the cities to which He went personally and was rejected.  Their punishment would be greater than that of Sodom and Gomorrah.

With regards to Britain: In the case of Israel (interfering with prophecy) the punishment was swifter. In the case of a general lapse from God's teachings the punishment took a couple of generations to take place.

God is patient except where prophecy is concerned. He has a prophetic clock which he has to stick to.

Remember that all the people on the Earth were given 120 years to repent before the Flood came but when God has pledged to do something according to his own timetable and the due date is near he can't afford to be so patient.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

2 Chronicles 7:14 (AV)

14If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

The 2 Chronicles verse has been popular in the church, or at least many of the churches in my area. The problem is, that is a verse for Israel. In the Mosaic covenant, if the people did not obey the laws of Moses, God said he would send certain things upon the land, because of Israel's disobedience.  God said he would withhold rain, cause crops to fail, etc. 

Deut 11:8“You shall therefore keep every commandment which I am commanding you today, so that you may be strong and go in and possess the land into which you are about to cross to possess it; 9 so that you may prolong your days on the land which the Lord swore to your fathers to give to them and to their [f]descendants, a land flowing with milk and honey. 10 For the land, into which you are entering to possess it, is not like the land of Egypt from which you came, where you used to sow your seed and water it with your foot like a vegetable garden. 11 But the land into which you are about to cross to possess it, a land of hills and valleys, drinks water from the rain of heaven, 12 a land for which the Lord your God cares; the eyes of the Lord your God are always on it, from the beginning even to the end of the year.

13 “It shall come about, if you listen obediently to my commandments which I am commanding you today, to love the Lord your God and to serve Him with all your heart and all your soul, 14 that He will give the rain for your land in its season, the early and late rain, that you may gather in your grain and your new wine and your oil. 15 He will give grass in your fields for your cattle, and you will eat and be satisfied. 16 Beware that your hearts are not deceived, and that you do not turn away and serve other gods and worship them. 17 Or the anger of the Lord will be kindled against you, and He will shut up the heavens so that there will be no rain and the ground will not yield its fruit; and you will perish quickly from the good land which the Lord is giving you.

26 “See, I am setting before you today a blessing and a curse: 27 the blessing, if you listen to the commandments of the Lord your God, which I am commanding you today; 28 and the curse, if you do not listen to the commandments of the Lord your God, but turn aside from the way which I am commanding you today, by following other gods which you have not known.

So, simply stated, if the children of Israel were obedient to God and His commandments, God would make the land fruitful. If the children of Israel were disobedient, God would curse the land. This is tied to the law of Moses/Mosaic covenant.  The verse in 2 Chronicles is also part of the law/Mosaic covenant. If the children of Israel had sinned and God was judging the land by withholding rain, etc., the children of Israel were to humble themselves and pray, and God would heal the land (stop the curse, and send rain etc). That verse does not apply to the U.S. as the U.S. is not Israel and is not under the Mosaic covenant.

God does send warnings to people who were disobeying God, before judgements in the OT. That warning was in the form of a prophet who is sent to the land and people prior to a judgement, speaking the words God gave him. Nineveh had a prophet come and they repented. The NT says, there is a time of mercy prior to the Great Tribulation.

I do not believe there is any such thing as a Christian country with one and only one exception. When Jesus returns and rules as King, that will be a 'Christian country'.  Until that time, there is no such thing as a Christian county. There is no country made up of entirely Christians. There is no prophesy of a chosen Christian country.  No country is a chosen country. Only the nation of Israel has land given by God to a chosen people and therefore could be called a chosen country.

So, the U.S. as a country, is not under judgement, as we know there have been no prophets giving a warning. The people of New Orleans were not warned by a prophet and told to repent and God would stop hurricane Katrina. The many Christians living in New Orleans were not warned like Lot, so leave New Orleans to avoid the judgement.  Right now, God does not deal with countries. God is calling individuals to repent and accept Jesus.

It says that as we approach the time of the tribulation, things will get worse and worse. This is a warning to every country in the world.There will be 2 prophets sent to warn and announce Jesus. There will be 144000 sealed from the tribes of Israel, and likely, this group will share the gospel. At the end of the tribulation, countries who came against Israel will be judged. 

So no, I do not believe that U.S. is being uniquely judged due to her wickedness. The entire world will be judged during the wrath of God in the tribulation.