• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,043
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

Really?

You submit as proof a picture of the Temple Institute's front door?

It says in the first paragraph, "The Temple Institute's ultimate goal is to see Israel rebuild the Holy Temple on Mount Moriah in Jerusalem..."

The Temple Institute is not "The Temple." The ground hasn't been broken yet.

You do know that don't you?

Just because over thousands of years the father of lies and his fallen companions have purposely staged the world with endless myths, idols, antiquated relics, and other such props seeking the worship of men, with all the boasting of their deceived minions of a New World Order is no more a verification of their projected spiritual reality or a guaranteed of their success than the props and facades that fill the stages of Hollywood movie sets. It’s all based upon fiction and fiction is based upon lies and the devil is the father of it and the truth is not in him. These things throughout time since the fall of man have all been intentionally established in order to promote a great end time deception upon humanity; to hinder men’s faith and distract them from seeking first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness.

2 Timothy 4:3 – For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

The fact is the whole world, with Christians being the main target of the adversary, is currently being overwhelmed by an endless flood of incredible daily alerts of everything from cosmic disasters, alien invasions, to fallen angel technology being utilized in government labs around the globe. Still, it is all nothing more than a cleverly designed illusion to hinder faith which please God and enables men to come to Him. Nevertheless, it is working successfully to embolden the wicked and very effectively distracts true believers because it all works hand in hand with popular false doctrines of devils that have crept in churches everywhere in these last days. Nevertheless, scripture tells us that the fallen angels’ know full well that both their power and time is limited and numbered… therefore they are redeeming the time for their warfare against and deception of God’s people.

Revelation 12:12 – …Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time… 15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.

The sad truth is that all this propaganda coupled with sorcery is nothing less than that above mentioned prophetic flood from the dragon's own mouth and it is full of false theological and prophetic milestones, or deceitful time markers.... such as a rebuilt temple. All this has been and still is successfully working to seduce slothful, lukewarm, professing believers into continuing to procrastinate surrendering themselves wholly unto Christ. Too many believing all the lies are now constantly talking about and looking for events which will never occur instead of heeding the warning to flee the wrath to come and obeying the Gospel of Jesus Christ. In all this be assured that I am not ignoring that some men are dabbling where they ought not in technology or that other sincere religious folks aren't feverishly laboring to rebuild what God destroy. But the way I see scripturally, both sides are out of the realm of truth and are being deceitfully manipulated to an end that can only encounter failure, judgment and the wrath of God.

Galatians 2:18 - For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.

Let me ask you a question, is the Temple Institute light or darkness? it has to be one of the other. For there is a way which seems right unto men and the end is death.

In my initial post I ask the question, "Why didn't Paul just articulate these things again in more detail in his epistle?"  Doesn't that strike anyone else as odd? Especially since in those days, delivering a letter was considerably more costly, laborious, and time-consuming than merely writing one; especially compared to the ease of email correspondence nowadays. So it wouldn't have been prudent for Paul to be so vague in his letter unless it was intentional. 

Also, don’t fail to note that it is only in here II Thessalonians 2:5 that Paul can be found imploring his readers to “Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things,” making this a clear departure from Paul’s normal manner of wholly giving himself to clearly define “these things” whether in person or letter. Therefore, Paul had to believe there was more wisdom in being vague and petitioning them to recall, than there was in establishing an official document outlining “these things" with Silvanus, Timothy and his name being attached to it. 

His following comment concerning “when I was yet with you,” makes it obvious he was confident they would recall what he had taught them in private and “know what withholdeth.” For though Paul openly preached to the Jews and Gentiles alike that Jesus was the Christ, there were some things that he knew should only be taught to those who by their rebirth and salvation had a firm foundation of faith in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and therefore were able to be entrusted with some "meat" from God’s word.

I Corinthians 3:10 - According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Consequently, due to Paul’s elusiveness in II Thessalonians 2:5-7, there has been a plethora of interpretations concerning “what” it was that “withholdeth” and "who" the “he” might be “who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.” But I again remind you that most of what is believed today is contrary to what was almost a unanimous consensus of thought among protestant believers who believed this “man of sin… son of perdition” referred to the position of the papacy, or the succession of popes of Roman Catholicism. 

Perhaps it would be prudent  to review some scriptures that might provide valuable insight into Paul’s method of ministry and document some of the critical details and events which had transpired while he was in Thessalonica. First, it must be noted that while the Apostle Paul was a preacher of righteousness who was given revelations and vision, he did not preach solely from the position of his authority as an apostle. Rather it was always Paul’s habit to utilize the sure word of prophecy as his greatest resource to persuade others of the truth of the Gospel. For Paul knew if his message was in agreement with the prophets, then on the authority of that which was “written,” he had a solid foundation whereby he could persuade men that his message was worthy of their consideration.

Romans 16:25 - Now to Him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, 26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:  27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ forever. Amen. 

Ephesians 2:19 - Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone.

It has been estimated that Paul quoted, referenced, or made clear inference to the Law and the Prophets approximately 268 times in his known epistles. His position regarding the surety of scripture is made further evident by his acknowledgement to Timothy “that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus” and reminding Timothy that “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.”

Also,  we can learn from what Paul wrote to the Corinthians “Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.” Likewise he wrote to the Thessalonians that they too “became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost.” Therefore when he told them to “Prove all things; hold fast that which is good,” he did so because it was his own conviction that as a believer he too must prove all things by the scriptures. The reason I stress these things is to make the point that “what withholdeth was something that Paul could have taught to the Church of Thessalonica from either the Law or the Prophets. This is confirmed to us by Luke’s record in the Acts of the Apostles.

Acts 17:1 - Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews: 2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three Sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, 3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

Above we have scriptural evidence confirming Paul’s method of revealing “the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, but now is made manifest, and [was] by the scriptures of the prophets."  So maybe it would be helpful to examine those  aforementioned "critical details concerning those events which occurred while he was in Thessalonica.” We find the record of what happened to Paul and Silas there in the book of Acts.

Acts 17:4 - And some of them believed, and consorted with Paul and Silas; and of the devout Greeks a great multitude, and of the chief women not a few. 5 But the Jews which believed not, moved with envy, took unto them certain lewd fellows of the baser sort, and gathered a company, and set all the city on an uproar, and assaulted the house of Jason, and sought to bring them out to the people. 6 And when they found them not, they drew Jason and certain brethren unto the rulers of the city, crying, These that have turned the world upside down are come hither also; 7 Whom Jason hath received: and these all do contrary to the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another king, one Jesus. 8 And they troubled the people and the rulers of the city, when they heard these things.  9 And when they had taken security of Jason, and of the other, they let them go. 10 And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.

Based upon Paul’s account in his first epistle to the Thessalonians it would seem they were there much longer than just the three Sabbaths mentioned by Luke in 17:1, for he used the time not only to win many of the Greeks to the Lord, but he also used the time to teach them tenets of the faith that would enable them to endure the “much affliction" he speaks of "with joy of the Holy Ghost.” For the apostle spoke of how they had become “ensamples to all that believe in Macedonia and Achaia, for from you sounded out the word of the Lord not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place your faith to God-ward is spread abroad; so that we need not to speak anything.” That is quite an endorsement of their well-established faith. Likewise, Paul’s mention of their “work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope” is a further indication that it is very likely that Paul and Silas continued to minister to the Gentiles after their turning from “the Jews which believed not” after those three Sabbaths days. 

Furthermore, Paul writes how they all “became followers of us, and of the Lord” and in so doing had “received the word in much affliction,” and yet still possessed “patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.” A part from all this being good advice to believers today, this would all seem to indicate that the duration of their stay was sufficient to not only lay the foundation of Jesus as the Christ in their lives, but to also teach them many other things that were foretold by the prophets. For now knowing these things and having faith, they too were waiting “for his Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.”

Before I continue, I want to leave with returning the thought back to what God’s word does purposely tell us about what happened to Jason, Paul and Silas in Thessalonica. 

Acts 5 - But the Jews which believed not, moved with envy, took unto them certain lewd fellows of the baser sort, and gathered a company, and set all the city on an uproar, and assaulted the house of Jason, and sought to bring them out to the people. 6 And when they found them not, they drew Jason and certain brethren unto the rulers of the city, crying, These that have turned the world upside down are come hither also; 7 Whom Jason hath received: and these all do contrary to the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another king, one Jesus. 8 And they troubled the people and the rulers of the city, when they heard these things.  9 And when they had taken security of Jason, and of the other, they let them go. 10 And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.

For in the above passage is where I believe one can find at least a partial understanding as to why Paul wrote the words below which the adversary has cleverly found a way to capitalize on… because he knows we weren't there and don't know what Paul did said.

2 Thessalonians 2:5 - Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

If we truly want to understand “who is the restrainer,” then we must give attention to about what happened to Paul, Silvanus and Timothy when they were in Thessalonica. Fortunately the Holy Spirit made sure those details were recorded by Luke in Acts, where we see how the “Jews which believed not, [and] moved with envy, [and] took unto them certain lewd fellows of the baser sort, and gathered a company, and set all the city on an uproar, and assaulted the house of Jason, and sought to bring them out to the people.” This was no small commotion, for they “drew Jason and certain brethren unto the rulers of the city,” and made charges against Paul, Silvanus, and Timotheus; that these whom Jason had received “that have turned the world upside down are come hither also… and these all do contrary to the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another king, one Jesus.”

It is important to recognize that these are not minor complaints, but rather accusations of treason against both Caesar and Rome. Hence they were accused of having “troubled the people and the rulers of the city”  so that “when they heard these things and when they had taken security of Jason, and of the other, they let them go.” This means Jason and another brother was required to give money as a security, or bond, before they would let them go.

So I ask, does everyone understanding the seriousness with which Rome dealt with those who were seditious and traitors against Caesar? It was a guaranteed penalty of certain death, which is why “the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea.” But that wasn’t the only trouble Paul had encountered on us journeys, before going to Thessalonica, Paul and Silas had been in Philippi where they had been apprehended, beaten, because of accusations of going against the customs of Rome there as well.

Acts 16:20 - And brought them to the magistrates, saying, These men, being Jews, do exceedingly trouble our city, 21 And teach customs, which are not lawful for us to receive, neither to observe, being Romans. 22 And the multitude rose up together against them: and the magistrates rent off their clothes, and commanded to beat them. 23 And when they had laid many stripes upon them, they cast them into prison, charging the jailor to keep them safely: 24 Who, having received such a charge, thrust them into the inner prison, and made their feet fast in the stocks.

Thus, because of Luke’s recording of events in Acts we can understand why the brethren greatly feared for the lives of Paul and Silas and were greatly desirous to deliver them from any danger that might befall them based upon these additional accusations. And yet, with reasonable confidence we can be sure their apprehension was not based solely upon the events in Philippi or a few Thessalonian “Jews which believed not” and those “certain lewd fellows of the baser sort.” For from both Paul’s epistle and Luke’s account in Acts we can safely conclude through the teachings of Paul via the scriptures and the illumination of the Holy Spirit (he that has ears to hear), that the brothers  understood there were things on their horizon which were about to transpire concerning God’s judgment upon Israel.

All this obviously contributing to why Paul simply stated in His second epistle, “Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?” I think it is safe for us all to conclude that Paul would have obviously articulated to them much of what he may have learned from Luke and others concerning what the Lord Jesus Christ had taught concerning the aforementioned “wrath to come” upon Jerusalem and Israel.

Luke 19:43 - For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side, 44 And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

However, Paul would have reinforced these words of Jesus with what was already written by the prophets when ministering to the Jews and devout Greeks which believed. Below are passages which very likely would have been addressed by Paul.

Deuteronomy 28:49 - The LORD shall bring a nation against thee from far, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flieth; a nation whose tongue thou shalt not understand; 50 A nation of fierce countenance, which shall not regard the person of the old, nor shew favour to the young: 52 And he shall besiege thee in all thy gates, until thy high and fenced walls come down, wherein thou trustedst, throughout all thy land: and he shall besiege thee in all thy gates throughout all thy land, which the LORD thy God hath given thee.

Isaiah 29:13 - Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men: 14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

Jeremiah 26:18 - Micah the Morasthite prophesied in the days of Hezekiah king of Judah, and spake to all the people of Judah, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Zion shall be plowed like a field, and Jerusalem shall become heaps, and the mountain of the house as the high places of a forest.

Micah 3:8 - But truly I am full of power by the spirit of the LORD, and of judgment, and of might, to declare unto Jacob his transgression, and to Israel his sin. 9 Hear this, I pray you, ye heads of the house of Jacob, and princes of the house of Israel, that abhor judgment, and pervert all equity. 10 They build up Zion with blood, and Jerusalem with iniquity. 11 The heads thereof judge for reward, and the priests thereof teach for hire, and the prophets thereof divine for money: yet will they lean upon the LORD, and say, Is not the LORD among us? none evil can come upon us. 12 Therefore shall Zion for your sake be plowed as a field, and Jerusalem shall become heaps, and the mountain of the house as the high places of the forest.

Please also take careful note of the following two passages. For again, in Acts chapter 13, we find Paul speaking using scripture, that is Habakkuk’s prophecy to warn the men of Israel of the “wrath to come.”

Habakkuk 1:5 - Behold ye among the heathen, and regard, and wonder marvellously: for I will work a work in your days, which ye will not believe, though it be told you. 6 For, lo, I raise up the Chaldeans, that bitter and hasty nation, which shall march through the breadth of the land, to possess the dwelling places that are not theirs. 7 They are terrible and dreadful: their judgment and their dignity shall proceed of themselves.

Acts 13:16 - Then Paul stood up, and beckoning with his hand said, Men of Israel, and ye that fear God, give audience… 40 Beware therefore, lest that come upon you, which is spoken of in the prophets; 41 Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you.

Quoting scripture, Paul rebuked the Jews for being “despisers” of God’s word which was now being revealed to them through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Therefore he warned them, that they were going to perish just as those Jews did when the Chaldeans first destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple. Yet we know from history that the coming destruction of which Paul was warning them was not going to be by the Chaldeans this time: rather Rome was going to be the instrument of God’s wrath whereby once more Zion was going to “be plowed as a field” and Jerusalem again destined to “become heaps.” Paul could have taught this to the Thessalonians from the book of Daniel.

Both the scriptural portrayal and historical record agree that Rome “was diverse from all the beasts that were before it.” Thus, Paul having preached to the brethren at Thessalonica concerning “the wrath to come” of God judging the Jews, we know he could have easily taught that just like the three empires before it, Rome too would eventually fall. This is important to acknowledge, because if scripture acknowledges it then we should too.

Daniel 7:2 - Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea. 3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another. 4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle’s wings [Babylon]: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man’s heart was given to it. 5 And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear [Medo-Persia], and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh. 6 After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard [Greece], which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it. 7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast [Rome], dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teethit devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns. 8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.

Note how Rome, with “great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it.” This is what Rome did to Israel; consequently, Israel as a geographical and sovereign nation with physical boundaries was destroyed and the residue of the Jews scatter among the nations. Thus Israel as a nation “which was, was not… and yet is” today.

Furthermore, Daniel’s third beast like a leopard which represented Greece had four horns, this “fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly,” had ten horns. In the case of the fall of the Grecian Empire, when Alexander the Great died, his kingdom was divided among his four generals represented by the leopard’s four horns. In the same way, when the Roman Empire fell it too ended up dividing into smaller kingdoms which have been reckoned as follows.

1. The Roman senate.

2. The Greeks, in Ravenna.

3. The Lombards in Lombardy.

4. The Huns in Hungary.

5. The Alemans, in Germany.

6. The Franks in France.

7. The Burgundians in Burgundy.

8. The Saracens in Africa, and a part of Spain.

9. The Goths, in other parts of Spain.

10. And the Saxons, in Britain.

So let’s rehearse a few points.

1. Paul and Silas were accused, beaten, and thrown in jail in Philippi for teaching customs which are not lawful to receive, neither to observe for the Romans.

2. Shortly after Paul and Silas go to Thessalonica, only to have to flee because a strong accusation was asserted that “Jason and those he had received [Paul and Silas], were doing things that were contrary to the decrees of Caesar, and saying that there is another king, one Jesus.” These charges asserted treason and seditious activity, crimes which carried the penalty of death in Rome. Thus had written concerning the prophetic fall of Rome after God had used it to poured out His wrath on Israel in his second epistle, and had the letter had fallen into the wrong hands, Paul would had been sought, arrested, and killed straightway for treason. Thus he says, "Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time."

3. It is evident Paul preached on the “wrath to come” which easily can be seen to be in agreement with Jesus’ prophecy concerning Jerusalem and Israel.

4. Paul could have easily taught the Thessalonians concerning the fall of Rome according to scripture, confirming a revelation that the Holy Spirit may have revealed to him. Thus, Paul is seen in Acts quoting Habakkuk while in Antioch earlier before his coming to Thessalonica to the Jews, confirming to them the destruction that was coming to Jerusalem.

5. Historically it can be seen how both Constantine’s alleged conversion to Christianity and the gradual fall of Rome gave way to the Rise of Roman Catholicism and the Papacy.

Christians were mercilessly persecuted for centuries for clinging to their pure faith in Christ Jesus and for refusing to acknowledge as legitimate the usurped authority of Catholicism and the Papacy. For these and many other reasons it becomes evident why many considered the profane institution of Rome to be the “great apostasy” and wholeheartedly understood the position of the papacy with its successions of popes as being “that man of sin [which would be revealed, the son of perdition." Up until the last 100 -120 years this was almost unanimously accepted by all Protestants.

Furthermore, the phrase “son of perdition” is only used twice in scripture, once by Jesus in reference to Judas who ended up being a false apostle, and here again used by Paul in reference to the Papacy which by Catholicism is said to be overseen by a continuation of apostles now referred to as popes. However, in the eyes of historically true Protestants, the popes have all been false apostles and betrayers of truth just as surely as Judas, the first "son of perdition" was.

II Thessalonians 2:3 - Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? [How that God will judge His people, and afterwards will likewise judge those nations whereby He chastised those who are called by His name, causing those nations to fall? 6 And now ye know what withholdeth [Rome ] that he [the false apostle ] might be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he [Romewho now letteth will let [prevent his rise], until he [Romebe taken out of the way [falls]. 8 And then shall that Wicked [lawless one be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of His mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of His coming: 9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Another point succinctly stated by commentator Adam Clarke that is noteworthy -

“After the death of Christ the temple of Jerusalem is never called by the apostles the temple of God; and if at any time they make mention of the house or temple of God, they mean the Church in general, or every particular believer. Whoever will consult 1Co 3:16,17; 2Co 6:16; 1Ti 3:15; Re 3:12*; will want no examples to prove that, under the Gospel dispensation, the temple of God is the Church of Christ; and the man of sin sitting implies this ruling and presiding there; and sitting there as God implies his claiming Divine authority in things spiritual as well as temporal; and showing himself that he is God, implies his doing it with ostentation.

*Verses referenced by commentator Adam Clarke:

I Corinthians 3:16 - Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

II Corinthians 6:16 - And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

1 Timothy 3:15 - But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Revelation 3:12 - Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him My new name.

Forgive the length, but it was necessary to connect all the scriptural dots so to say...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

I concur with Dr. David Reagan, Lamb and Lion Ministries......the restrainer is the church since if the H.S. was removed from the world, no one could be saved thereafter. It's just the most logical answer.   Source.... http://www.lamblion.us/2008/08/who-or-what-is-restainer.html

Salvation was provided before the Holy Spirit came. Salvation will be provided when He leaves.

-Rev

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

The book of Revelation was written to the seven Churches of Asia and NOT TO US. So in order to understand this book we have to look at it through their eyes. The only way you can do this is by knowing history. These mostly Gentile believers were mostly illiterate, uneducated simple working people many of them were slaves. So the real message of John had to be very simple and relevant to their time. The only consideration is that the SECOND COMING has been delayed and has slid into our time - Nothing else has. This book ends historically with the final judgment of Rome the literal city and its foul, corrupt, and evil ruler ship. The city split into three parts in 395AD when part of the government moved to Milan (and then Ravenna) and the third part moved to Constantinople. The final judgment came in 410Ad when Alaric the Visigoth sacked the city. It never recovered after that. That is the end (The final 7th bowl of wrath) of the historical book of Revelation. All that remains is the last couple chapters concerning the Second coming and the events surrounding it..

If the people were simple and illiterate then why did John write it? Just sayin'

-Rev

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,125
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

If we truly want to understand “who is the restrainer,” ...

II Thessalonians 2:3 - Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? [How that God will judge His people, and afterwards will likewise judge those nations whereby He chastised those who are called by His name, causing those nations to fall? ] 6 And now ye know what withholdeth [Rome] that he [the false apostle] might be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he [Rome] who now letteth will let [prevent his rise], until he [Rome] be taken out of the way [falls]. 8 And then shall that Wicked [lawless one ] be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of His mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of His coming: 9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Another point succinctly stated by commentator Adam Clarke that is noteworthy -

“After the death of Christ the temple of Jerusalem is never called by the apostles the temple of God; and if at any time they make mention of the house or temple of God, they mean the Church in general, or every particular believer. Whoever will consult 1Co 3:16,17; 2Co 6:16; 1Ti 3:15; Re 3:12*; will want no examples to prove that, under the Gospel dispensation, the temple of God is the Church of Christ; and the man of sin sitting implies this ruling and presiding there; and sitting there as God implies his claiming Divine authority in things spiritual as well as temporal; and showing himself that he is God, implies his doing it with ostentation.” ...

Forgive the length, but it was necessary to connect all the scriptural dots so to say...

All is forgiven (grin). Excellent history lesson. We now have a Jesuit "Black Pope," which according to the papal prophecies will be the last pope.

Special note: in all of the citations above, the word translated as "temple" is naos, literally sanctuary or holy place; never heiron = the whole temple complex, which included the sanctuary plus inner and outer courts. Emphasis on holy: only priests and Levites (servers of the priests) were allowed to come into the proto-Sanctuary during the Mosaic dispensation. The same situation exists in type in the true Church sanctuary: if you are not one dedicated unto holiness/the Holy One, you can't come in.

Although the city of Rome lost its authority as capital of the 6th Pagan World Empire (the "one is" of Rev. 17:9-10), Rome still plays a part as host of the Vatican:

Rev. 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest [Babylon the Great, Mother of Harlots] is that great city [Rome], which reigneth [present tense: John's day] over the kings of the earth. ...18:8 ...and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

WilliamL noted:

Special note: in all of the citations above, the word translated as "temple" is naos, literally sanctuary or holy place; never heiron = the whole temple complex, which included the sanctuary plus inner and outer courts. Emphasis on holy: only priests and Levites (servers of the priests) were allowed to come into the proto-Sanctuary during the Mosaic dispensation. The same situation exists in type in the true Church sanctuary: if you are not one dedicated unto holiness/the Holy One, you can't come in.

Pastor Carl Gallups recently did an excellent word study, both with Hebrew and Greek, concerning this distinction regarding the "temple." Sadly they were all translate all the words the same and the notable merit of the originals were lost. 

You can view it at http://www.ppsimmons.blogspot.com/2015/07/red-heifers-and-3rd-temple-pastor-carl.html

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

The holy spirit does not act on it's own either.  It comes out straight from God.  It is the spirit of truth and is God's power.

"The holy spirit does not act on it's own either."

I cringe at that a little. The Holy Spirit is a person, usually when referring to persons, we use personal pronouns, not impersonal ones, the Holy Spirit is not an "it".

Omegaman

Yes I shouldn't of called the holy spirit an "it". It's a bad habit I must break, but I don't see him as a person. No disrespect, but it's very hard to not use the word "it" in a sentence.

In fact where does it say that the holy spirit is a person?

It is not said that the Holy Spirit is a person, it also does not say God is a Trinity. However, the doctrine of the Trinity is that the one God, exists in three persons, one of those persons is the Holy Spirit. Others have had  issues with the concept of the Holy Spirit as a  person, but the difficulty is unnecessary. I think that the problem, is one of us limiting our vocabulary, so that we assume that the word person, is similar to word human. When we say the H.S> is a person, we mean that He is a personal being, that He has the attributes of personhood. For example, Jehovah's Witnesses deny the personhood, and say that the Holy Spirit is God's active force. Now to me, when I hear the word "force", I think of things like gravity, inertia, the power of the wind or an earthquake etc. Now certainly, the Holy Spirit is a force in some sense, He has power. However, forces do not have attributes of personhood. So, what do I mean? The Holy Spirit grieves, has a will, communicates, and relates to other persons, etc. That is the sense in which the Holy Spirit is personal. We do not have communications with electricity. Gravity does not commune with us, not help us understand the things of God, etc. This is why we say that the Holy Spirit is a person, we are not saying He is human, has a body, etc. God is Spirit, do we have problems thinking of Him as a person? I don't.

I know there are three, the Father, the Son and the holy ghost and all three are one, in the same function, Cannot have one without the other.

but God is spirit and John saw his form, The Lamb also spirit and John saw his form,

but where is the holy spirit's form if he is a person?

John 16:13   Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

John 15:26   But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

When God communicates with us, it is always through his spirit, without his spirit there is no communication, nor understanding.  This holy spirit draws us into God's frequency which the world cannot pick up or receive.

Now something else to consider;

Luke 12:10   And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

How do you blaspheme the holy ghost?  Call it names?  Call him a "it"?

So please don't cringe I hope you understand a little better where I am coming from.

How do you blaspheme the holy ghost?  Call it names?  Call him a "it"?

but where is the holy spirit's form if he is a person?

Where is it said that a person requires a form? I believe if I were to die today, I, the person, would go to be with the Lord, however, my form, would be in the grave until the resurrection. Did you notice how many things you mention above, that persons do, that you attributed to the Holy Spirit?

Now, we see the idea of the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit mentioned in this verse:

Matt 12: 31“Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. 32“Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

Now, what happened to make Jesus reply this way? Here He says that one can speak against the Son of Man, and be forgiven, yet not against the Holy Spirit. That is quite interesting, and sounds pretty broad. I do not know with certainty, what all is included in speaking against the Holy Spirit. However, the context of this passage is revealing I think, of at least one thing that it includes. Go back a few verses and we see:

22Then a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute was brought to Jesus, and He healed him, so that the mute man spoke and saw. 23All the crowds were amazed, and were saying, “This man cannot be the Son of David, can he?” 24But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, “This man casts out demons only by Beelzebul the ruler of the demons.”

It appears to me, that perhaps Jesus was casting out demons, and the Pharasees did not deny that Jesus did this, they only questioned the source of His power to do so. They said that Jesus cast out demons, by the power of Satan. Now, if Jesus was casting out demons by the the power of the Holy Spirit, and the Pharisees claim that is was by the power of Satan, then they, in essence, have just said something like "Jesus is demon possessed, a tool of the Devil". They have, in my opinion, just called the Holy Spirit and unholy or evil spirit, and that was a blasphemy. That is how I see that. No, I don't think calling the Spirit names or "it", is necessarily a blasphemy, but calling Him demonic, likely is!

Just as an aside, some people say that Christians who speak in tongues, are doing that under demonic inspiration. If Christians speak in tongues under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, that also strikes me as calling the Holy Spirit demonic, and I find that idea frightening, and it makes me hope (for their sakes) that I am wrong.

Sorry I took so long to respond Sister, I did not know that you had.

Well this thread sure covers a lot....

Romans 8:9 - But ye are not in the flesh, but in the SPIRIT, if so be that the SPIRIT OF GOD dwell in you. Now if any man have not the SPIRIT OF CHRIST, he is none of His.

Look at that verse, the Spirit, the Spirit of God, and the Spirit of Christ all in one verse, but are there three spirits here? Perhaps it would help to look at some more scriptures might help us with this "mystery."

Romans 16:25 - Now to Him that is of power to establish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began.

I Corinthians 2:7 - But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory.

Ephesians 3:3 - How that by revelation He made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, 4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ).

Colossians 2:2 - That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and [even] of the Father and of Christ.

Colossians 4:3 - Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds.

I Timothy 3:16 - And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Clearly there is mystery being acknowledge here in these scriptures, and sadly this mystery is not understood by many professing believers in Jesus Christ. So maybe if we look at a few more scriptures we might be able to open up this mystery further for some and possibly give us all a greater appreciation for the wisdom, power and love of God has given us all in and through Christ Jesus the Lord.

Hebrew 1:1 - God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by His Son, whom He hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also He made the worlds; 3 Who being the brightness of His glory, and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high.

Note the words in bold type, "God, spake, by the prophets, by His Son." Let’s continue.

II Peter 1:21 - For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Here we see "God" who "spake, by the prophets" in Hebrews 1:1-2 speaking by "holy men of God as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." Same God, same prophets, same Spirit, all recorded in God’s Holy Scripture.

Again, let’s continue;

I Peter 1:10 - Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: 11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

These verses all say the same thing, God has spoken through men: for the "prophets" through which "God… spake" as they "were moved by the Holy Ghost," spoke that which "the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify." Just as surely the Holy Spirit of Christ was in the prophets, it was God Himself, even Emmanuel, who was in this man-child called Jesus Christ.

Due to this scripturally recognized " MYSTERY of Christ" a common mistake many believers make is they perceive the phrase "Holy Spirit" to be a proper name, when in actually it is a precise description of God. He’s holy and in all purity of essence He is a spirit. Therefore He alone can properly be called a "Holy Spirit."

Matthew 1:23 - Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call His name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

II Corinthians 5:18 - And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to Himself by [the man] Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

II Corinthians 3:17 - Now the Lord [Jesusis that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty.

In light of all these scriptures I would hope all could agree that when the Bible speaks of the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God, and the Spirit of Christ, that it is speaking of the same Spirit. For scripture tells us there is only “one Spirit.”

Ephesians 4:3 - Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, Who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

I Corinthians 12:11 - But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as He will. 12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Since by the word of God we know there is only “one Spirit,” when Paul states that God was "justified in the Spirit," it should be understood that it was the Holy Spirit of the "eternal, immortal, invisible, the ONLY wise God" Almighty that was "manifested in the flesh" of Jesus.

I Timothy 1:17 - Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

I Timothy 3:16 - …God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Though this mystery was hid from the foundation of the world, God has still put forth a riddle which He will sooner or later require everyone to answer.

Proverbs 30:4 - Who has ascended up into heaven, or descended? Who hath gather the wind in His fist? Who hath bound the waters in a garment? Who hath established all the ends of the earth? What is His name? And what is His Son’s name, if thou canst tell?

This riddle is one that men all over the world have long sought to answer. And in their search for an answer, neither their own imagination, nor the adversary has failed to provide a wide array of doctrines to select from. Such is why Jesus asked a similar question of His disciples, so don’t think that He will not ask the same of you…

Luke 9:18 - And it came to pass, as He was alone praying, His disciples were with Him: and He asked them, saying, Whom say the people that I am? 19 They answering said, John the Baptist; but some say, Elias; and others say, that one of the old prophets is risen again. 20 He said unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

We cannot afford to be wrong in our response, we must "know in whom" we believe. Fortunately, He who has asked the question is also willing to provide the answer to it.

Isaiah 43:10 - Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and My servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He: before Me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after Me. 11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside Me there is no saviour.

I Timothy 4:10 - For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

II Timothy 1:8 - Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, 10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, Who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel: 11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles. 12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Titus 1:1 - Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God’s elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness; 2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began; 3 But hath in due times manifested His word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour; 4 To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Titus 2:10 - Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things. 11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; 13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 14 Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Titus 3:4 - But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which He shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7 That being justified by His grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. 8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Isaiah 43:12 - I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are My witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God. 13 Yea, before the day was I am He; and there is none that can deliver out of My hand: I will work, and who shall let it? 14 Thus saith the LORD, your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel… 15 I am the LORD, your Holy One, the Creator of Israel, your King.

John 10:27 - My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand. 29 My Father, which gave them Me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and my Father are one. 31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. 32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from My Father; for which of those works do ye stone Me? 33 The Jews answered Him, saying, For a good work we stone Thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that Thou, being a man, makest Thyself God.

We have been warned to "believe not every spirit [be it of man or angel ]," and are instructed to "try the spirits whether they are of God; because many false prophets are gone out into the world." Here’s how the scriptures say we should try the spirits that we might know those that are of God.

I John 4:1 - Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Now take a moment and consider the lasting effect of Jesus Christ upon humanity. Now really, who but an ignorant person or a lying fool would deny that a man named "Jesus" ever existed? Even historians who do not subscribe to the beliefs of Christianity readily acknowledge Jesus’ existence. Likewise, religions which are diabolically opposed to the Christian faith acknowledge that historically there was a man named Jesus who claimed to be the Christ; some even recognizing Him as a prophet. Due to the over whelming evidence, any person with a measurable and honest intellect must acknowledge that not only did such a man "come in the flesh," but that He was crucified in the flesh as well. Nevertheless, these two facts are not what the Apostle John was talking about.

The spirit of antichrist is not "anti-Jesus came in the flesh," nor is it "anti-Jesus the subservient offspring of God came in the flesh." Amazingly, neither is the spirit of antichrist "anti-god." Quite to the contrary, to many people’s surprise the Bible tells us this spirit of antichrist is really "pro-god." It just is not "pro the true living God." The nature of the spirit of antichrist is to be anti-truth, meaning "Anti-Jesus Christ, the Almighty God our Savior come in the flesh."

Jesus said, "Take heed that no man deceives you. For many will come in My name, saying I am the Christ; and shall deceive many" (Matthew 24:4, 5). These are men who will acknowledge both the life and death of Jesus, and openly admit that He was the foretold and promised deliverer that would come, a great prophet, and even the Christ. Yet their definition of "the Christ" is contrary to that of God’s.

Countless so-called Christian leaders in Christendom nowadays reject the scriptural evidence that Jesus Christ was "The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father" come in the flesh, (Isaiah 9:6). In one breath they acknowledge that Jesus is the "Prince of Peace," but with the next breath boldly declare that He cannot be the Everlasting Father.

II John 7 - This is a deceiver and an antichrist. Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ hath not God... 9 He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the [Everlasting ] Father and the Son.

Notice that the singularity of the word "doctrine" in II John 9, John was not referring to the many doctrines or teachings which were given to us through Jesus. John was referring to that one singular doctrine which is the foundation of true Christianity. It is the teaching concerning "Who is Jesus Christ." The Bible calls this teaching the "Doctrine of Christ" and God will not permit this doctrine to be changed; those who do so will certainly suffer severe and eternal consequences. The Apostle warns us that "if any come unto you, and bring not THIS doctrine [but a different teaching of whom Christ is ], receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: for he that biddeth him God speed is a partaker of his evil deeds," (II John 10, 11).

I John 2:22 - Who is a liar but he that denieth Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist that denieth the Father and the Son [are one God ]. 22 Whosoever denieth the [Isaiah 9:6 ] Son, the same hath not the [Everlasting ] Father: but he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the [Everlasting ] Father also.

Why is it that he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also? Because in spirit "They" are the same; and scriptures say that if this truth be hid, it is hidden to them that are lost.

II Corinthians 4:3 - But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. 5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus’ sake. 6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

The truths presented thus far are the foundation of the "Doctrine of Christ" and the very heart of the Gospel. It is upon this "rock" that the true church of Jesus Christ was founded. Therefore if one is ignorant or disbelieving of this truth, it is to because they are blinded to the true light of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ, and have likely embraced “another Jesus.”

II Corinthians 11:4 - If indeed someone is coming to preach another Jesus, whom I did not preach, or you are receiving a Spirit other than you once received, or another gospel which you did not accept before, you would do well to bear with me. (Montgomery’s New Testament)

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I concur with Dr. David Reagan, Lamb and Lion Ministries......the restrainer is the church since if the H.S. was removed from the world, no one could be saved thereafter. It's just the most logical answer.   Source.... http://www.lamblion.us/2008/08/who-or-what-is-restainer.html

Salvation was provided before the Holy Spirit came. Salvation will be provided when He leaves.

-Rev

I don't agree; I think Dr. Reagan got it right.