IGNORED

Who or what is the two witnesses of god in the end times?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  142
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I like your posts JG. You seem to have a lot of insight.

Keith

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The 2 witnesses come soon, and in a city that will not accept them,  They will walk this city underfoot 1260 days and yes with a rough poncho garment as a sign.  A sign of it,s coming doom will be on the garment. They will not be killed by any human when they finish as promised - no man can harm them even at the end... This mystery city is the hometown (seat) of the beast. It is all about taking it (away) from him by plagues sent by God..  very much the same way as Moses was the instrument of God that took it away from the Pharoah.  Their body will lie in it,s broad street square as the people will continue their celebrations and could care less.. After they arise the city will fall and never be able to recover.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

I have said this before and though I have not read all previous posts, I believe it will be Enoch and Elijah. These are the only two who were taken to heaven without dying. And, since it appointed for all men once to die, then the resurrection, they will be killed, their bodies will lie in the street and then they will rise again ( be resurrected). Moses died...will he die twice?

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

7 hours ago, Littlelambseativy said:

I have said this before and though I have not read all previous posts, I believe it will be Enoch and Elijah. These are the only two who were taken to heaven without dying. And, since it appointed for all men once to die, then the resurrection, they will be killed, their bodies will lie in the street and then they will rise again ( be resurrected). Moses died...will he die twice?

Did Lazarus die twice?  Others have been raised from the dead as well and have subsequently died again.

I don't see Hebrews 9:27 as teaching an absolute that everyone dies once and only once.

• And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment, so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him.  Hebrews 9:27-28

It appears to me to speak more to the sufficiency of Christ's single offering for sins which is followed by His return (not followed by another sacrifice for sins.) 

So, Enoch and Elijah?  Maybe.  I don't think you can discount Moses and Elijah as a possibility either.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Who are the two witnesses? There are only two men in the entire Bible who fit this plain revelation. They are Enoch and Elijah. That Elijah will be one of them is clear from Mal. 4:4-5. Some think John the Baptist fulfilled this passage because of what is said of him in Matt. 11:14, but he was never Elijah in person, as John himself testified (John1:19-23).

Both John and Christ were truthful. When John said that he was not Elijah he meant that he was not Elijah in person, for he could not have been the natural son of Tishbit in the days of Ahab and also the natural son of Zachariah and Elizabeth as recorded in Luke 1. All Christ had in mind in Matt. 11:14 was that John was the one who was to come in the "SPIRIT AND POWER OF ELIAS" as in Luke 1:17. Mal. 3:2-6, 13-17; 4:1-6 have reference to the second advent of Christ because they speak of judgment and tribulation and the days of the Lord, and not of grace as in John's day. Thus it is clear that Elijah will be one of the two witnesses who will withstand Antichrist as he did Jezebel and Ahab of old.

Enoch will be the other witness. It is clear that Enoch and Elijah are the only two who have not tasted death; that is, they have not died their appointed death on Earth. This they must undergo as have all others (Gen. 5:21-24; Heb.11:5; 2 kings 2).Both Enoch and Elijah were prophets of judgment (Jude 14, 15; 1 Kings 17-18)

We know that Elijah was translated to Heaven and is now one of the two olive trees and two candle sticks which stand before God. It is not very reasonable to believe that since Enoch is the only other man translated and thus did not see death during his lifetime on Earth, that such was for a definite purpose; that is to be the other witness.  That both of these men will come back and die their appointed deaths at the hands of the Antichrist is not only incredible but is entirely logical. Some argue that since Enoch was translated he should not see death at all but these words are not found in the passage in Hebrews 11:5. What is seaid of Enoch in this verse coulc also be said of Elijah and yet we know that he is to come back and die according to Hebrews 9:27.

Enoch lived a natural life under the laws of degeneration and was subject to the law of death. He could not possibly escape such law unless he should live at the  time of the rapture, when the mystery of men being translated without seeing death will be fulfilled (1 Cor. 15:51-58).

Edited by HAZARD

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

However, it is appointed to man once to die....neither Enoch or Elijah have. Not saying that in the rapture many will not,  however these men from long ago have not.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

30 minutes ago, Littlelambseativy said:

However, it is appointed to man once to die....neither Enoch or Elijah have. Not saying that in the rapture many will not,  however these men from long ago have not.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The two witnesses are clearly explained who they are.  They are the 2 sons of oil.   Which means the two sons of the holy spirit . Which means the two sons of God. Both will prophecy 3 and a half years.  The first one was sent and did so about 2000 years ago.  The 2nd is soon to come.  Both prophecy in the Holy city.  The 2nd one will walk the (New) Holy city over a period of 1260 days.  It is fully built (Now) on Earth and ready for him.  Both rise from the dead after 3 days and nights.. 3 and a half (For the actual  record)  Both will have a 3rd of the Sun, moon and stars dimmed a 3rd of a day.  When the 2nd one rises all daily sacrifice will be cut off. Any one who repents after that will not be heard.  The 2 witnesses are the (Only) witnesses of God in his full form.. That is what that means..  It does not mean that they witnessed Jesus or something - because- (One of them) - the 1st one sent - Was Jesus. No one.. not the Holy angels, or any other creation of God has the power to walk in through the doors of the secret room of God but his 2 sons.  They are his 2 witnesses to tell that (He is and exist)

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

John 5:45   Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.

John 5:46   For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.

Luke 9:30   And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias:

Luke 9:33   And it came to pass, as they departed from him, Peter said unto Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias: not knowing what he said.

Malachi 4:5   Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

22 hours ago, Sister said:

John 5:45   Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.

John 5:46   For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.

Luke 9:30   And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias:

Luke 9:33   And it came to pass, as they departed from him, Peter said unto Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias: not knowing what he said.

Malachi 4:5   Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

Great finds..   Notice it says I will send you Elijah the prophet  - and not - I will send you Elijah and another flesh man with him.  The same as Jesus made it clear to the pharisees  that he was (2 witnesses)  as they accused him that one man,s word was not enough.  Jesus himself witnessed  and the father witness in him and of him making (One body) containing (2) that witness.  The 2 witnesses will be the same (one body)  It is Elijah as it clearly says he will be sent just before the (actual end)   John the baptist was the same as but was the for runner of the flesh bodied Christ. And the same the 2 witnesses (will not) be recognized because most of the church is looking for 2 bodied biblical looking men with beards in corn sacks and actual fire shooting out of their mouths at the wailing wall.  the 2 witnesses do not come to make some sort of reality movie. They will not be recognized nor appear in the place they think