SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

There are four horses in the book of Revelation and this is what they represent. 

1) First horse is white and  represents the antichrist. Revelation 6:2

2) Second horse is red and represents a person who will have the power to take peace away from the earth.Revelation 6:4

3) Third horse is black and represents famine.Revelation 6:5-6

4) Fourth horse is pale and represents death and hades.Revelation 6:8

All of these horses show up during the tribulation.Do you think that the book of Revelation is historical or in the future?If the book of Revelation is in the future there is no way the horses could have showed up already.

what do you think he is ?  he doesn't display any characteristics of either an eskimo or a Christian,  so what does that leave ?

(he's closer to eskimo, btw, than he is to a Christian)

Are you asking who do we think the antichrist is?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

simplejeff, WHO are your replying to and who is an eskimo????

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

I'm a big fan of the pre-trib rapture, but I am not yet certain on this subject. I will serve God regardless, and praise Him until forever. If I'm still around when the the mark becomes law, I will thank God for allowing me to become a martyr in the name of Christ Jesus. It's an honor to serve Him in this life, but really, what a way to go!

Hoping for the best....preparing for the worst.  It's simply the most prudent approach.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

Since the ascension of Christ, all things have been leading up to where we are at the moment.

Matthew 24 actually explains the horses for us in my opinion .. and the way world events have unfolded since Christ's ascension and beyond, well, Matthew 24 seems to correspond nicely with the seals.

Matthew 24:4-6 (White horse)

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Now when Paul was finishing up his ministry to the Gentiles, he warned them that as soon as he leaves them, that wolves would come to lead the flock astray .. and they did .. they were even hunting whilst Paul was still ministering, the trail was being laid back then, all that needed doing from that time onwards, was, merely add some time, and, "they will come".

Because corruption takes time to spread .. but eventually it does blossom, and when it does, we can observe that corruption on national levels, that is, the corrupted become the majority .. we can see this growing corruption reflected in the letters to the 7 churches even, corruption had already infected the main body back then and was spreading still.

And eventually, when that critical point is met, here is where manipulation / abuse of that truth can be fully exploited and with minimal effort at that .. here is where the horse can truly ride .. you can not go out conquering unless you have adequate "human resources" to accomplish such a thing .. other words, you'd need a nation / nations to back you .. you need a "worthy cause" for the people to rally behind, you'd also need a growing "technology base" so as to navigate the grossly underdeveloped world of yesterday just to reach those countries far & wide (sailing ships, supply wagons, medical know how for the troops, re-supply methods etc etc)

And I believe this process is exactly what took place since Pauls time leading up to those nations of yesterday who were going out and conquering nations "In the Name of Christ" as they'd say ..

Thus I see the white horse as the natural progression of that corruption blossomed to become a distorted gospel of Christianity spread by the sword, which is exactly what did occur in history as we all know, which is also why I believe the seals being opened were purposely done using the "Lamb covered in blood" imagery .. this was to show that the beginning of the horses was soon to start.

And that period where corruption finally blossomed some time after Christ, where those nations were conquering nations "In the Name of Christ",  was a period of wars & rumours of war indeed .. especially for those in the cross hairs .. but the end is not yet.

====

Then here comes the red horse ..

Matthew 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Remember I mentioned the technology base needed for the white horse .. picture this natural progressive theme still unfolding whilst leading up to WWI & into WWII for example .. think about the unprecedented changes evolving in the business of warfare .. this takes time remember .. and by the time WW1 arrived, this very technology aspect or theme, to me, is indeed reflected in the red horse description .. see if you can spot it first :

Revelation 6: 4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

See it?

It is the "great sword" .. to me, this speaks of being able to kill many with one stroke as it were .. if one were using ancient weapons as the descriptives to explain future weapons that kill many easily, of which men back then would have no examples to relate such modern weapons to, let alone name them by the names we understand .. then a great sword would indeed be the ideal sword to convey that very message of being able to kill many in one stroke as it were .. that is, modern weaponry.

Just a very brief outlay regarding those two horses .. but no matter how dubious one is in regards to the interpretation, there is one thing not easily ignored .. this progression I explained above, did in fact happen / unfold over time .. and it can be seen in Matthew 24 too .. which can be correlated with the seals quite nicely when discerned.

===

Just very briefly on the other two horses .. I'll only choose one attribute each with which to explain them because I've got a headache and am going to switch off very soon ..

The black horse is black for a reason .. the world is metaphorically in the dark .. there just seems to be no answers to all the mounting problems & growing corruption .. things are just escalating and getting darker & darker .. be they economically .. militarily .. morally etc etc .. here is where the world starts pleading for a strong leader to guide mankind & "save" them from all the corrupt leaders and to lead them into the "light of a brand new world order" .. to bring them "peace" at last ..

Which leads very nicely into the pale horse himself .. the false prophet .. which also leads nicely to the persecution of the saints in the 5th seal ..

It all flows so naturally and is exactly how one would expect God to have these events escalate in the world, just like the examples in the OT .. it is the same theme .. only on a grander scale is all .. which likewise fits nicely with this unfolding & overlapping running of the horses up to that final horse .. death himself.

But the main ingredient in all of this, and by natural necessity .. is TIME.

This all takes time .. these events must parallel with the other plans & outcomes God is working with / towards whilst this is all taking place .. God is using that process of time for a definite purpose .. for a sifting within the generations be they past, "present" & "future" .. an unfolding sequence of events leading to the end.

Cheers.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings SinnerSaved,,,,

I'm not even sure whats going on in this discussion anymore,,,,,,I apologize for not reading every word but when the posts are so long that I have to scroll & scroll to get through them I just get distracted & usually move on,,,,,,it is one of my great flaws,lack of patience in those areas........

I do not believe we have seen the first horse,nor any seals or scrolls opened as of yet or anything else except the beginnings of birth pains for the sorrows yet to come,,,,,,,I am nobody special,I am not immune to what the rest of society is subject to & I do not live in any glass bubble but all I need do is open my eyes in the morning and life is still pretty wonderful in my part of this world,,,,,,when these things do come to pass there will not be any part of the world that will be exempt from it's devastation,,,,,in other words"we ain't seen nothin' yet!"

There is not kaos,havoc & lawlessness all about us,certainly not where I live,,,,,,,oh this is true in many parts of the world & it has been that way for centuries,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,when the things described in Revelation begin to take place I do not believe there will be any question that it is taking place,,,,,,,,,,

Anyway,my answer is "no",,,,,,,I don't see the first horse.........Glory to God,I hope many more come to the foot of the cross as He gives us each day to spread the Gospel                  With love-in Christ,Kwik

The first horse has not come as yet.Although I do see an evil and dark world all around us.All I have to do is look at the news which 95% of it breaks my heart.But then again I sit outside my house and take in the beautiful country,the birds and all the critters God has created.I listen to the creek,the birds and at night I see the beautiful very bright stars that you only see in the country and the falling stars,listen to the crickets,the frogs in the creek and the hooting of the owls and I say "Thank You Lord,You are awesome".  Candle

Edited by bopeep1909

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

I just want to add a few more observations to my previous answer concerning the red horse in relation to Matthew 24 ..

Matthew 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Revelation 6: 4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

Think about this ..

Revelation 6:4(a) And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth

Matthew 24:7(a) For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom

Yes there have always been wars, but this red horse has a specific mission .. to taking peace from the earth .. and since the peace is a world peace being taken away (take peace from the earth) then the result of this horses riding has to, by his very mission specs alone,  must lead to global unrest .. for peace is taken from the earth as a consequence of his riding .. his riding leads to this outcome .. and history already bears testament to that also .. in the form of two world wars.

A world war is the only outcome of his riding since it alone affirms a period of peace being taken from the earth herself .. and yes, wars still persist .. but so does false teachings .. see the theme, it is an overlapping & continual process coming in "waves" as it were .. and the third wave is coming too, WWIII.

And this ..

Matthew 24:7(b) and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places)

Think carefully, be mindful of the measure you mete in regards to this too please ..

WHY would Christ bother mentioning famines & pestilences & earthquakes to the ancient world? .. the world of yesterday was not like todays world .. we can hear of famines & pestilences & earthquakes happening anywhere in the world by simply following the news .. but they could not know these things in the old world .. news travelled slowly & earthquakes & pestilences in far away lands would doubtfully ever be known by the majority of mankind .. not until modern times can this prophecy truly be applicable .. simply because it is one of the SIGNS we are told to watch for .. only we of the modern world can take note of those signs as they occur .. not people of the old world.

And this ..

Matthew 24:7(c) and earthquakes, in divers places)

Divers places simply meaning all over the globe .. anywhere .. and WHEN did mankind notice that earthquakes were starting to increase globally (divers places)?? .. that's right .. in modern times .. "our" times.

Which matches nicely with the "growing technology base" i mentioned which needs to be present for those who these warning SIGNS which are global btw, are meant for .. us.

And when did earthquakes globally really start to be noticed & were slowly escalating to what we have today (that ongoing process / overlapping of the horses that I mentioned)? .. that's right, not long before the first world war era (red horse) .. coincidence?

It all fits so harmoniously .. the white horse is already running long time now .. the red too has already made his appearance .. the black horse is NOW .. we are living in his riding age right now .. and very soon will come the pale horse, the false prophet himself .. not long after his coming, the persecution of the saints will begin after his marvellous words have affected all those it will affect .. then the wrath of God against the marked world .. then the 2nd coming at Megiddo after WWIII begins to get out of "conventional" control .. lest no flesh be saved.

Regards.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Blessings SinnerSaved,,,,

I'm not even sure whats going on in this discussion anymore,,,,,,I apologize for not reading every word but when the posts are so long that I have to scroll & scroll to get through them I just get distracted & usually move on,,,,,,it is one of my great flaws,lack of patience in those areas........

I do not believe we have seen the first horse,nor any seals or scrolls opened as of yet or anything else except the beginnings of birth pains for the sorrows yet to come,,,,,,,I am nobody special,I am not immune to what the rest of society is subject to & I do not live in any glass bubble but all I need do is open my eyes in the morning and life is still pretty wonderful in my part of this world,,,,,,when these things do come to pass there will not be any part of the world that will be exempt from it's devastation,,,,,in other words"we ain't seen nothin' yet!"

There is not kaos,havoc & lawlessness all about us,certainly not where I live,,,,,,,oh this is true in many parts of the world & it has been that way for centuries,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,when the things described in Revelation begin to take place I do not believe there will be any question that it is taking place,,,,,,,,,,

Anyway,my answer is "no",,,,,,,I don't see the first horse.........Glory to God,I hope many more come to the foot of the cross as He gives us each day to spread the Gospel                  With love-in Christ,Kwik

It's not a flaw to lose patience with long winded posts that basically derail the thread and go off in every direction, Kwik.  I have a tendency to simply ignore these posts as well.  And, staying on topic, I agree with you; the white horse is still in the corral.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

"These things must QUICKLY come to pass....."  'Quickly' in our text is the Greek Tachnos, meaning 'in rapid succession.'  I believe the 4th horseman has now been released.

What I say to you, I say to all:  PREPARE!

So you believe our world has endured all of the tragedies of the first three horses?

The first has come already.  It is the mystery of lawlessness.  The second horse was released around the time of printing press and it relates to media or propaganda.  Media has power to take peace from the earth and cause people to kill one another (Revelation 6:4).  For example, yellow journalism and the Spanish American war.  The third horse representing scales represents a fiat currency system we have.  According to Adam Smith in the Wealth of Nations "Land, however improved, will yield no revenue without a circulating capital.  This is how you do not damage the oil and wine, but cause two pounds of wheat to equal a day's wages (Revelation 6:6) by controlling who has more currency circulating.  The area that has more circulating currency will protect the oil and wine.  The fourth horse can be understood in the context of Zechariah 6.  The fourth horse goes south where a fourth of world will be killed by sword, famine, plague, and wild beasts (Revelation 6:8).  The clearest illustration of this would be the circumstances in Africa, or the southern part of the world.  

The fifth seal is where we are now.  We are the generation someone is saying "how much longer Lord," about(Revelation 6:10).  The next part that will happen is the witnesses will emerge wearing sackcloth, which either represents the sun turning to sackcloth (Revelation 6:12), or could indicate a eclipse as well the presence of the witnesses before an earthquake.  Then, the day and hour of the Lord return we do not know will be.  Rapture theory teaches us to be afraid that will things will get worse just like Preterism teaches peace, peace because prophecy has already been fulfilled.  

The Antichrist will emerge from the north, which is where the white horse (mystery of lawlessness) goes with the black horse (fiat economy) according to Zechariah 6:6, which is how the mark of the beast will emerge.  

Edited by Esther4:14