IGNORED

Forum for older people?

angels4u

Guest AFlameOfFire

Just who is going to be considered "old"? My goodness I know 94 yr olds who are so vibrant I can't keep up with them ...I also know 40'yr olds who are way too old for me!!

I hear ya, I have known some over 50's year that act 2  but not in that vibrant "cant keep up with them" sort of way( as you put it). 

The ones where you want to scream," an act your age" (and might probably consider them unfit for the 50 year old and older forum)

Whats in a number?

Its really odd, there are some forums that have single forums too (and yet I am married) and certainly not looking (so I would be uninterested in that) but oddly enough (as I have found)  it seems all the best topics are often in the singles area. I wouldnt have imagined I would find it so. And I would think, man, this stinks because the subject doesnt revolve around being single or married (but the Lord) and it was decent, but you can't post there because you are married.

Then you skim the 20's, 30's, 40's etc. etc forums (and I feel like I am behind bars) because browsing in my age group yeilds nothing.  

Then I was at a forum where ages were revealed (which was new to me) and I was surprised to find the least amount of  maturity in the older ones and the most maturity (and humility) were in the younger, and I immediately thought, oh goodness if I wanted an age appropriate forum I would be sorely disappointed. And if their ages were hid I would have mistaken the younger for the older and the older for ... (well...) lets just say,  the much much younger (unfortunately).

This just blew my mind recently and when I saw this OP and your post I thought, I have to say something. 

Edited by AFlameOfFire

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

Just who is going to be considered "old"? My goodness I know 94 yr olds who are so vibrant I can't keep up with them ...I also know 40'yr olds who are way too old for me!!

I hear ya, I have known some over 50's year that act 2  but not in that vibrant "cant keep up with them" sort of way( as you put it). 

The ones where you want to scream," an act your age" (and might probably consider them unfit for the 50 year old and older forum)

Whats in a number?

Its really odd, there are some forums that have single forums too (and yet I am married) and certainly not looking (so I would be uninterested in that) but oddly enough (as I have found)  it seems all the best topics are often in the singles area. I wouldnt have imagined I would find it so. And I would think, man, this stinks because the subject doesnt revolve around being single or married (but the Lord) and it was decent, but you can't post there because you are married.

Then you skim the 20's, 30's, 40's etc. etc forums (and I feel like I am behind bars) because browsing in my age group yeilds nothing.  

Then I was at a forum where ages were revealed (which was new to me) and I was surprised to find the least amount of  maturity in the older ones and the most maturity (and humility) were in the younger, and I immediately thought, oh goodness if I wanted an age appropriate forum I would be sorely disappointed. And if their ages were hid I would have mistaken the younger for the older and the older for ... (wel...) for the much much younger (unfortunately).

This just blew my mind recently and when I saw this OP and your post I thought, I have to say something. 

Well yes but only the facts.Mentally a person might act much younger or even older but the numbers are reality.If a person is 60 they are 60.Many want to dress,use plastic surgery or botox and dye their hair to try to fool themselves or others but that does not hide the facts.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

Sorry, but I had to chuckle. I guess we'll have to debate this awhile, eh? Stop the presses George! :)

Sorry, but I had to chuckle. I guess we'll have to debate this awhile, eh? Stop the presses George! :)

Pound

Guest AFlameOfFire

Whats in a number?

Then I was at a forum where ages were revealed (which was new to me) and I was surprised to find the least amount of  maturity in the older ones and the most maturity (and humility) were in the younger, and I immediately thought, oh goodness if I wanted an age appropriate forum I would be sorely disappointed. And if their ages were hid I would have mistaken the younger for the older and the older for ... (wel...) for the much much younger (unfortunately).

Well yes but only the facts.Mentally a person might act much younger or even older but the numbers are reality.If a person is 60 they are 60.Many want to dress,use plastic surgery or botox and dye their hair to try to fool themselves or others but that does not hide the facts.

Hi Sis, I might have to ask you what do you mean when you say, "well yes but? I missed to what you were referring to, because I dont know which facts  you might be implying I am hiding when in closing you say... "but that does not hide the facts"

I havent the slightest clue what you might be addressing in my post,

I do believe 50 year old = existing on the earth for 50 years

(thats pretty much it) sometimes it has wisdom, more often these days it does not (or appears not to)

But I was just addressing the older age, I wasnt talking about  the vanity (of plastic surgery) 

Besides, its not fellowship in the flesh (but online) so this plastic surgery thing (even if there be any somewhere) wouldnt be something I could see (even if I was judge someones age after the appearance of the flesh). Although, I would agree that plastic surgery can only hide the fact someone might be older than what they appear to be, all the plastic surgery in the world wont really make 50 year old who acts 2 (online) any more the wiser or any more desireable to find on a forum of 50 year olds.

But there is likely much many of them could have in common now that I actually think about it, but maybe I missed how  plastic surgery fits in with the idea of a 50 year old's forum.  I was just saying, I would have expected more (after an age bracket) more or less but not anymore, I wouldnt expect any more wisdom or anything above the big fat 5 0 on the forums title page is all (but I am only speaking  from personal experience though).  I was just identiying with the two examples posted and added on a couple to that, because this is something you can truly observe online (time and again). And when I first saw it I really was sort of shocked, because had I not seen the ages (but believing I could guess who I would pref to fellowship with age wise) I would have been mistaken 8 times out of 10. And if I were to force an age bracket forum (in my mistaken impression) I would have pretty much have landed in a forum of people (I was probably trying to get away from), making somewhat of a joke at my stab at Age/fellowship/

What I would have expected (or even hoped for one level) in respects to better fellowship would have ended up a huge dispointment for me (after seeing that). 

But I wasnt trying to persaude away or anything, I was just making light of the irony I fell upon is all.

Whats in a number?

Hi Sis, I might have to ask you what do you mean when you say, "well yes but? I missed to what you were referring to, because I dont know which facts  you might be implying I am hiding when in closing you say... "but that does not hide the facts"

(thats pretty much it) sometimes it has wisdom, more often these days it does not (or appears not to)

But I was just addressing the older age, I wasnt talking about  the vanity (of plastic surgery) 

Besides, its not fellowship in the flesh (but online) so this plastic surgery thing (even if there be any somewhere) wouldnt be something I could see (even if I was judge someones age after the appearance of the flesh). Although, I would agree that plastic surgery can only hide the fact someone might be older than what they appear to be, all the plastic surgery in the world wont really make 50 year old who acts 2 (online) any more the wiser or any more desireable to find on a forum of 50 year olds.

But there is likely much many of them could have in common now that I actually think about it, but maybe I missed how  plastic surgery fits in with the idea of a 50 year old's forum.  I was just saying, I would have expected more (after an age bracket) more or less but not anymore, I wouldnt expect any more wisdom or anything above the big fat 5 0 on the forums title page is all (but I am only speaking  from personal experience though).  I was just identiying with the two examples posted and added on a couple to that, because this is something you can truly observe online (time and again). And when I first saw it I really was sort of shocked, because had I not seen the ages (but believing I could guess who I would pref to fellowship with age wise) I would have been mistaken 8 times out of 10. And if I were to force an age bracket forum (in my mistaken impression) I would have pretty much have landed in a forum of people (I was probably trying to get away from), making somewhat of a joke at my stab at Age/fellowship/

What I would have expected (or even hoped for one level) in respects to better fellowship would have ended up a huge dispointment for me (after seeing that). 

But I wasnt trying to persaude away or anything, I was just making light of the irony I fell upon is all.

That is exactly what I meant.Earth years 50 years old.The hard core facts.When we are 13 we want to be older.When I was  in my 40's I was carded to buy a beer.I was ticked.But now there is no way that would happen. :D

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,767
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

I'm not going to mention an age per say!  If you believe you're part of the "old-timers" group -- then you're in!  LOL!  Personally I'm still a spring chicken!  ;)  What name are we going with?

I'm not going to mention an age per say!  If you believe you're part of the "old-timers" group -- then you're in!  LOL!  Personally I'm still a spring chicken!  ;)  What name are we going with?

Oh I am in  :D I like Senior Moments.That is cute.

Guest AFlameOfFire
  • Just who is going to be considered "old"? My goodness I know 94 yr olds who are so vibrant I can't keep up with them ...I also know 40'yr olds who are way too old for me!!

Whats in a number?

That is exactly what I meant.Earth years 50 years old.The hard core facts.When we are 13 we want to be older.When I was  in my 40's I was carded to buy a beer.I was ticked.But now there is no way that would happen. :D

Thanks, I hear ya, and when we finallly get over ourselves it stops bothering us, which one of the best things that could happen to us I suppose.

I just realized, I cant just reply to the thread (in the reply box) without it bringing in other peoples posts into it, Even if I am not quoting anyone, I have tried everything and I cant rid the responses which comes into the reply box. How do I get rid of it do you know? Usually I might highlight then back space to remove it elsewhere but that doesnt work here, am I doing something wrong? Because if I reply Im just going to have peoples posts in there to whom I might not be replying to.

Am I doing this wrong?

Guest AFlameOfFire

Okay, now its working, it seems to force you to answer someone else first I think and then it releases you from that obligation after that. I think I got it.