• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

http://www.openbible.info/topics/praying_over_food

1 Timothy 4:1-5 ESV / 87 helpful votes

Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared, who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer.

1 Corinthians 10:31 ESV /

So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Romans 14:1-4 ESV / 

As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

Matthew 15:11 ESV / 

It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.”

Acts 27:35 ESV / 

And when he had said these things, he took bread, and giving thanks to God in the presence of all he broke it and began to eat.

Matthew 14:19-21 ESV / 

Then he ordered the crowds to sit down on the grass, and taking the five loaves and the two fish, he looked up to heaven and said a blessing. Then he broke the loaves and gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the crowds. And they all ate and were satisfied. And they took up twelve baskets full of the broken pieces left over. And those who ate were about five thousand men, besides women and children.

1 Corinthians 8:4-9 ESV / 

Therefore, as to the eating of food offered to idols, we know that “an idol has no real existence,” and that “there is no God but one.” For although there may be so-called gods in heaven or on earth—as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”— yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist. However, not all possess this knowledge. But some, through former association with idols, eat food as really offered to an idol, and their conscience, being weak, is defiled. Food will not commend us to God. We are no worse off if we do not eat, and no better off if we do. ...

Romans 14:1-23 ESV / 

As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. ...

Deuteronomy 8:10 ESV

And you shall eat and be full, and you shall bless the Lord your God for the good land he has given you.

1 Corinthians 10:1-33 ESV / 

For I want you to know, brothers, that our fathers were all under the cloud, and all passed through the sea, and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, and all ate the same spiritual food, and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank from the spiritual Rock that followed them, and the Rock was Christ. Nevertheless, with most of them God was not pleased, for they were overthrown in the wilderness. ...

Romans 14:21 ESV

It is good not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything that causes your brother to stumble.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

That is possible.There are several different viruses as well.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,197
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

keeping up with you people is making me dizzy :foot-stomp:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,197
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

charlie%20upside%20down%20in%20tear_1.jpAh that's much better :happyhappy:

charlie%20upside%20down%20in%20tear_1.jpAh that's much better :happyhappy:

If you eat raw ground beef that may be the way you want to stay.Do you like brown eyes Charlie Brown?

Edited by bopeep1909

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Brace yourselves folks I heard that if you eat you will die :blink:

How weird.  I heard that if you DON'T eat you will die:P

Brace yourselves folks I heard that if you eat you will die :blink:

How weird.  I heard that if you DON'T eat you will die:P

Don't encourage him.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

And that is why I like my hamburger well done. Fear

http://www.kgw.com/story/news/health/2015/08/25/fecal-matter-found-every-sample-ground-beef-study-finds/32365325/

Like your burger medium-rare? A new report on bacterial contamination in ground beef by Consumer Reports might move you to the well-done camp.

In its report published Monday, Consumer Reports discovered E. coli or other bacteria consistent with fecal contamination in all 300 packages of ground beef that it tested. Ten to 20 percent of samples, which were purchased across the country, were also contaminated with other bacteria that can cause illness.

The investigation also found more bacteria in ground beef from conventionally raised cattle - animals given antibiotics and fattened on feedlots - compared to more sustainably raised grass-fed or antibiotic-free beef.

More than 80 percent of conventional beef harbored at least two types of bacteria, compared to less than 60 percent of sustainably raised beef. And twice as many samples of conventional beef, 18 percent, tested positive for "superbugs" - bacteria resistant to multiple antibiotics - compared to the more sustainable varieties.

The majority of the 4.6 billion pounds of beef - half of it ground - Americans buy each year is conventionally produced.

I always cook beef until it is well done....all meat really.  I am PARANOID about bacterial and such, having had an E-Coli infection a few years ago.  This article is disturbing and reminds me of one I posted myself awhile back about Congress voting to do away with the Country of Origin labeling requirement.  My company has  to provide COO information when we sell pipe for Pete's sake.  Does anyone think foreign meat is better than American meat?

And that is why I like my hamburger well done. Fear

http://www.kgw.com/story/news/health/2015/08/25/fecal-matter-found-every-sample-ground-beef-study-finds/32365325/

Like your burger medium-rare? A new report on bacterial contamination in ground beef by Consumer Reports might move you to the well-done camp.

In its report published Monday, Consumer Reports discovered E. coli or other bacteria consistent with fecal contamination in all 300 packages of ground beef that it tested. Ten to 20 percent of samples, which were purchased across the country, were also contaminated with other bacteria that can cause illness.

The investigation also found more bacteria in ground beef from conventionally raised cattle - animals given antibiotics and fattened on feedlots - compared to more sustainably raised grass-fed or antibiotic-free beef.

More than 80 percent of conventional beef harbored at least two types of bacteria, compared to less than 60 percent of sustainably raised beef. And twice as many samples of conventional beef, 18 percent, tested positive for "superbugs" - bacteria resistant to multiple antibiotics - compared to the more sustainable varieties.

The majority of the 4.6 billion pounds of beef - half of it ground - Americans buy each year is conventionally produced.

I always cook beef until it is well done....all meat really.  I am PARANOID about bacterial and such, having had an E-Coli infection a few years ago.  This article is disturbing and reminds me of one I posted myself awhile back about Congress voting to do away with the Country of Origin labeling requirement.  My company has  to provide COO information when we sell pipe for Pete's sake.  Does anyone think foreign meat is better than American meat?

My older brother and two other scientists were the three known authorities of the Mad Cow disease.Do you remember that scare?My dad was eating some brains once in some scrambled eggs and my brother freaked out. lol

Edited by bopeep1909

Guest shiloh357

I never eat any meat with pink in the center.  My meat is always well done, and the more done, the better.  I don't mind a little burned on the outside.  That's the beauty of eating chicken.  There is only well done when cooking chicken.