jmldn2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

When we have been disobedient with an area of our lives and we are suffering the consequences, should we ask God for relief? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,768
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  270

I think so.....   plead with him that you understand and resolve to not do it again....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  24
  • Birthday:  10/15/1996

I guess that depends if you are still carrying on being disobedient

God is forgiving.  God is loving.  God is merciful.  We are all disobedient at some point in time, are we not?  Yet, God covers us with His grace.  Now that is mercy. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  42
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Content Per Day:  1.66
  • Days Won:  2

God is forgiving.  God is loving.  God is merciful.  We are all disobedient at some point in time, are we not?  Yet, God covers us with His grace.  Now that is mercy. 

Amen!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

When we have been disobedient with an area of our lives and we are suffering the consequences, should we ask God for relief? 

Not prayer for "relief" since self seems to be the primary priority. Being not obedient is selfish.  Repent and sin no more.  Pray for the strength and courage to change.

So if we have been disobedient in an area of our life we should not ask for "relief" from the consequences that disobedience has caused?  Of course, we must ask God's forgiveness and ask Him to help us to learn from our mistakes and to follow Him more closely in order to not make the same mistakes again.  However, there is an old saying I grew up with.  "if you make your bed, you have to lie in it."  I do not believe anymore that statement  to be true.  I, as well, believe it human to ask for relief.  The prodigal son was given relief by his earthly father.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

So if we have been disobedient in an area of our life we should not ask for "relief" from the consequences that disobedience has caused?  Of course, we must ask God's forgiveness and ask Him to help us to learn from our mistakes and to follow Him more closely in order to not make the same mistakes again.  However, there is an old saying I grew up with.  "if you make your bed, you have to lie in it."  I do not believe anymore that statement  to be true.  I, as well, believe it human to ask for relief.  The prodigal son was given relief by his earthly father.

I don't think so.  Being selfish gets us into the situation.  I don't think being selfish in prayer is the answer.  Being unselfish can reverse the outcome  provided proper repenting occurs.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,676
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

With the display of love God has shown us... we should rather be concerned with area of the heart that
did this! Repentance is what should be sought instead of relief... for God says this

Luke 9:25-26
25 For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?
26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be
ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

KJV
the whole of life, in the leading of The Holy Spirit, is sanctification- throwing aside the old and living the new
life formed from His Word...  the body and it's desires are passing away therefore seek that which does not
pass away; for the eternal treasure 'IS' being like The Son which God shall keep for His Glory!   Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Yes!   

David did.

There is no shame in praying for yourself.