IGNORED

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,277
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

i think it depends on how you approach sex with your wife....   if you are doing so in ways that only please you and are not working on pleasing her, you might retain that feeling.  The details of that are kind of hard to discuss in an open forum.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

It could be that your mind is in a psychological 'rut' as a result of your previous sexual experiences. 

What I mean is this: every time you had sex before marriage, it was followed (quite rightly) by feelings of guilt. Unfortunately, your mind has so got into the habit of feeling guilty after having sex that sex still makes you feel guilty even though it's no longer wrong.

This may get better with time (as you get used to the idea that you are now married), but you might need some help from a counsellor if it doesn't.

How does your wife feel? Does she know what you're feeling?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

:wub: :b:

Guest shiloh357

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and just came here seeking some advice. 

I've been a Christian and accepted Christ at a very young age and grew up in a Christian household. I will admit that I didn't wait until marriage to have sex but the couple of times I did have premarital sex I did feel guilty and repent. Here is my dilemma:

I'm almost 29 and just recently got married. I know after you're married the big kind of "joke" is "Hey now you two go have fun and have sex you crazy kids." What I've noticed though is that I have a feeling of guilt after having sex even now that I'm married. Though I know technically I've done nothing wrong I still have these feelings of guilt. Is this normal? Is this just something I need to adjust to? Has anyone else experienced this before? Is this something I'll just "get over" with time? 

Any advice or words of wisdom are appreciated and thanks so much,

-Michael

Frankly,

This is not a good place to air this kind of issue.  What you need to do is get some pastoral/marriage counseling.   You have some issues that you are not going to find answers for here. 

Have you even talked to your wife about this problem?  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and just came here seeking some advice. 

I've been a Christian and accepted Christ at a very young age and grew up in a Christian household. I will admit that I didn't wait until marriage to have sex but the couple of times I did have premarital sex I did feel guilty and repent. Here is my dilemma:

I'm almost 29 and just recently got married. I know after you're married the big kind of "joke" is "Hey now you two go have fun and have sex you crazy kids." What I've noticed though is that I have a feeling of guilt after having sex even now that I'm married. Though I know technically I've done nothing wrong I still have these feelings of guilt. Is this normal? Is this just something I need to adjust to? Has anyone else experienced this before? Is this something I'll just "get over" with time? 

Any advice or words of wisdom are appreciated and thanks so much,

-Michael

Hi Michael.  TY for sharing.  How did you repent?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Our conscience is responsible for letting us know when we are guilty of wrong doing.

Our conscience is a goad not a guide as it can be misprogrammed and tell us we are wrong when we are not while telling us we are right when we are wrong. 

This may give you an idea of where to look for what is wrong.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.33
  • Days Won:  20

Here are some pointers supported by Scripture.

1. God created men and women to have sexual relations within marriage not only to demonstrate love but to bring children into the world.  Therefore sexuality is from God and therefore the Song of Solomon is in the Bible.

2. If you and your spouse genuinely love each other, then everything found in the Song of Solomon is applicable.  If you have never read this book then you should do so.

3. We will feel guilt only is we are using and abusing others rather than demonstrating a loving and caring attitude.  So check your attitude and express selfless and sacrificial love as commanded by Christ.

4. If one or both of you do not have a commitment to raising a family, then sexuality will not fulfil its purpose, and you will have problems. Sex is not merely for pleasure or entertainment, and there is a spiritual dimension to intimate union.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

Welcome to Worthy.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  475
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  04/13/1962

Here are some pointers supported by Scripture.

1. God created men and women to have sexual relations within marriage not only to demonstrate love but to bring children into the world.  Therefore sexuality is from God and therefore the Song of Solomon is in the Bible.

2. If you and your spouse genuinely love each other, then everything found in the Song of Solomon is applicable.  If you have never read this book then you should do so.

3. We will feel guilt only is we are using and abusing others rather than demonstrating a loving and caring attitude.  So check your attitude and express selfless and sacrificial love as commanded by Christ.

4. If one or both of you do not have a commitment to raising a family, then sexuality will not fulfil its purpose, and you will have problems. Sex is not merely for pleasure or entertainment, and there is a spiritual dimension to intimate union.

i AGREE WITH YOU BROTHER