IGNORED

Do I report a fraud

Guest moralcompass

should report it, why should everyone else have to pay the price for thieves, Also I believe you should wear seatbelts by law, Because if not it puts other people at risk especially if your sat behind someone and you crash.

I am opposed to seat belt laws, and I would repeal them if I could, but in the meantime, I obey that law anyway. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

When looking at the commandments ...are all equal? Or are we told that if you break one you have broken all of them. If you know of fraud....especially by those who call themselves "Christian" does it take the tint of sin off them? Or does it set them to a higher standard because of whose name they bear? If you know and say nothing you are no less guilty than they are morally and spiritually...it damages your witness of "Christian"

I hope you and Logan are prepared to start reporting all the crimes taking place on the highway.  I suggest you get a pen and paper and have it with you when you go out, and report everyone that drives above the speed limit, and doesn't wear a seat belt where required.  I also hope you report yourselves when you happen to break such a law, and your friends and family.  After all, you can't show favoritism.  If I know someone else committed a crime, and I say nothing, I am not just as guilty as they are in the sight of God.  I challenge you to prove in scripture that is the case.  There are only a couple of instances I know of in the law of Moses where a person was required to turn someone in for something they witnessed.  Even God doesn't require it for all offenses, but only the most serious. 

The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.  Proverbs 18:8, Proverbs 26:22

A talebearer revealeth secrets, but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter.  Proverbs 11:13

He that  goeth about as a talebearer revealeth secrets, therefore meddle not with him that flattereth with his lips.  Proverbs 20:19

Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out; so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.  Proverbs 26:20

Before I read what the Bible says about being a talebearer, I might have agreed we should turn everyone in that does something wrong, but God showed me through his Word a long time ago it is not a wise thing to do in most instances, so I won't do it, and my advise to others is not to do it. 

By the way, I gave scripture to explain why I don't believe in reporting people like the one in the OP.  To those who disagree with me, where is yours? 

If I took those same verses and applied them to murder,  would you agree I had biblical support not to report a murder? 

I don't believe you are required by God to report it.  I am just saying I would. 

do you believe that by not reporting an action,  thus allowing it to continue is condoning the action? 

Absolutely not. 

We will just have to disagree on that one then.

should report it, why should everyone else have to pay the price for thieves, Also I believe you should wear seatbelts by law, Because if not it puts other people at risk especially if your sat behind someone and you crash.

I am opposed to seat belt laws, and I would repeal them if I could, but in the meantime, I obey that law anyway. 

Why ?, I don't think the driver should have to wear one, because hes got a air bag and its up to him hes the driver if he crashes it his own fault for not wearing one, BUT the passengers should have to wear one.

I would always wear one anyway, Its the safer thing to do, makes no sense why people wouldn't wear one if its there.

I don't like the government telling people they must wear a seat belt.  They have the legal right to, but I don't happen to agree with that infringement on our personal freedom of choice.  Still, the law is the law. 

Why ?, I don't think the driver should have to wear one, because hes got a air bag and its up to him hes the driver if he crashes it his own fault for not wearing one, BUT the passengers should have to wear one.

I would always wear one anyway, Its the safer thing to do, makes no sense why people wouldn't wear one if its there.

I don't like the government telling people they must wear a seat belt.  They have the legal right to, but I don't happen to agree with that infringement on our personal freedom of choice.  Still, the law is the law. 

I understand that I also don't like the government telling us what we can and cant do, Apart from law obviously they needs to be law. Seat belt however I believe people should wear one, Because im thinking about if someone crashes and then the passenger behind them isn't wearing one and does a flying head butt to the person in the front seat.. they both likely dead, But the person in the front seat did the right thing and wore a seatbelt but they still dead because the person behind wasn't wearing one.

Fair enough.  I still don't like seat belt laws, but I understand you have a reason for your position. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

It's not a different question at all. Why should you report one crime but another?

Not all crimes are of the same gravity.   Hence penalties are very different between different gravities of crime.

Obviously murder is a much more seriously grave offense than stealing.

Murder deprives one of their life.

You are not comparing apples to apples here.

Is not welfare fraud taking food and or shelter away from someone who really deserves it? It a homeless person dies because they couldn't get services because someone you know is getting benefits who shouldn't? Welfare fraud is a serious crime. And I'm not talking about reporting someone who you "think" is doing it, but someone that you "know" is. People call out "tattle-tale" or "rat" or "snitch." Well, is that what you would call the people who help the police catch a thief or a murderer or gang banger who just committed a crime in your neighborhood? Sound familiar? How many lives are destroyed because of this attitude? How many crimes go unsolved? It works fine until it happens to you, than you want people to cooperate. S.N.I.T.C.H. stands for "share news if that can help."

How does that respond to what I said?

When looking at the commandments ...are all equal? Or are we told that if you break one you have broken all of them. If you know of fraud....especially by those who call themselves "Christian" does it take the tint of sin off them? Or does it set them to a higher standard because of whose name they bear? If you know and say nothing you are no less guilty than they are morally and spiritually...it damages your witness of "Christian"

I hope you and Logan are prepared to start reporting all the crimes taking place on the highway.  I suggest you get a pen and paper and have it with you when you go out, and report everyone that drives above the speed limit, and doesn't wear a seat belt where required.  I also hope you report yourselves when you happen to break such a law, and your friends and family.  After all, you can't show favoritism.  If I know someone else committed a crime, and I say nothing, I am not just as guilty as they are in the sight of God.  I challenge you to prove in scripture that is the case.  There are only a couple of instances I know of in the law of Moses where a person was required to turn someone in for something they witnessed.  Even God doesn't require it for all offenses, but only the most serious. 

The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.  Proverbs 18:8, Proverbs 26:22

A talebearer revealeth secrets, but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter.  Proverbs 11:13

He that  goeth about as a talebearer revealeth secrets, therefore meddle not with him that flattereth with his lips.  Proverbs 20:19

Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out; so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.  Proverbs 26:20

Before I read what the Bible says about being a talebearer, I might have agreed we should turn everyone in that does something wrong, but God showed me through his Word a long time ago it is not a wise thing to do in most instances, so I won't do it, and my advise to others is not to do it. 

By the way, I gave scripture to explain why I don't believe in reporting people like the one in the OP.  To those who disagree with me, where is yours? 

Often one sin leads to another. Getting one problem addressed can prevent greater problems. "Because the sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil" Ecclesiastes 8.11

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,275
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

It's not a different question at all. Why should you report one crime but another?

I can answer that.  Because a person that committed a murder is a violent criminal that would be a danger to repeat their crime and harm someone else.  I would not report something like was mentioned in the OP because I don't believe that person does pose any threat to me or anyone else.  It is a different type of crime.  That is like asking why we don't punish everyone that commits a crime the same?  After all, they are all crimes.  Why not execute a person who is caught speeding since we do it with murderers.  I wouldn't report someone who admitted to me they ran a red light, though that is illegal.  I drive a truck, and I witness people committing crimes on the highway all the time, but I don't write down their license plate and report them.  Do you report everyone speeding Logan?  If not, why not?  They are criminals. 

I pay taxes that he is stealing,,,,,   it affects me, and if you pay taxes it affects you.....

I find it very difficult to believe you guys are the same people who disses our government for spending too much when theft and fraud is so rampant....    unbelievable...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

For decades cases have been reported ........   and injustice instead of justice is done - because the system itself is corrupt*. 

If all the 'fraud' was reported - and some documentaries long ago have exposed it -  the fraud in the administration is greater than in the grass roots,  although neither it 'right'.    

It is an unjust system,  and the innocent are trampled and oppressed and hurt and dying, just like in nazi germany , and the system cannot be fixed (again,  look if you have time - it all was exposed long ago).....

In some towns (most infamous in a&**********) virtually ALL of the residents are living on entitlements - the city leaders and doctors and lawyers all decided or are complicit that that's how to survive - get federal money....

*not just government, but look into the documentaries exposing fraud , sex, corruption, thievery, all kind of evil 

in the church(es) since constantine;  and escalating the last 60 years.....    since it is written "judgment begins in the house of God"  that is where it is or will begin.... God's Way.

You know, jeff, there's such a thing as OVERKILL.  The OP just asked if he should report fraud.  Dregging up all the conspiracy theories and other irrelevant stuff is derailing. 

If you don't know that your representative are robbing you blind, much much more than anyone who is 'your neighbor' ,   then start to learn about that - how many millions of times as much are 'entitlements' to greedy officials and corporations....

and

realize that just like in nazi germany, if you turn someone in, especially anonymously, there is hardly ever justice for anyone, nor is it expected ....

Can you please stop comparing our country to places like Nazi Germany and spreading your hateful ideas in every thread? 

Partly,  you might get a better idea if you find out you're much more likely to die from properly prescribed medicine (that's in the top 3 causes of death recently) than from a car wreck.

What is your source for that statistic?