IGNORED

Would you be friends with someone with little faith?

LADYOFWISDOM

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I know some people that know who God is but don't walk in truth. Living a lifestyle that wouldn't be pleasing to our father eye sight. But I don't judge what I do is pray for them that is what I suppose to do.

Some people have their opinion like if you a Christian why do you associate yourself with a person like that. What others fail to realize is God expects us to show one another love. Yes it's true if that person wants God to work in their lives all they have to do is ask him and PRAY for a change. Some time you never know what change you can do in someone's life just by telling the love God has for us all. Or reading his word to them.

Before looking upon people in a judgemental way that don't understand Christ, we as God servants we suppose to teach the gospel with open arms. We all have walked down a path God wasn't pleased with. So I or anyone  has authority to judge. God have people in your life for a reason you could be who God is working through to bring that person to Christ. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Excuse me for the typo. I meant to say I or anyone does not have the authority to judge.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

"Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. “And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. “Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. “The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.”

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

I would be a casual friend of someone with little faith.I would not take any Christian advice from them.We are not to be unevenly yoked in marriage and in friendships with those who are not a born again believer.I would take any opportunity I could get to tell them what I believe and why.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Yes. I have been and am. I do remind them as often as I can about the love of God and Jesus sacrifice and how they should act or live. As a Christian I can not avoid being their friend..nor would I. I may be the book they are reading and my life and walk may be the only way they see an example of one who loves Jesus. I pray that they can seen Him in word or deed and leave the rest to Him.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  565
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

I would be a casual friend of someone with little faith.I would not take any Christian advice from them.We are not to be unevenly yoked in marriage and in friendships with those who are not a born again believer.I would take any opportunity I could get to tell them what I believe and why.

good answer...

:)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,254
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Some people have an intellectual belief about God but don't have a relationship with Him.  They may want salvation from hell but they have never thanked God by surrendering their will to Him  He is not their Lord, but they are trying to do in their way.  I don't think they understand what Jesus had done for them.  A double minded person won't receive anything from God.  So while God is leading them toward salvation, I am not sure if they are truly saved.  

On one hand we are told to not associate with people who are unrepentant but call themselves Christians.  On the other hand how will they find out what they are missing if we don't tell them and show them?  Perhaps it depends on the the stability of the person who is reaching out to them.  A mature Christian my be able to influence them, but too often it is the bad influence that wins out.  So it is best to go as two or three for strength and prayer support.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

My apologies. I completely misread the question. Yes, I have friends who may or may not have as much faith as I do. I can't really say " how much ", but the faith of a mustard seed can move a mountain!

• Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Its funny because most of my friends left with when I found God, But that's fine. Because I KNOW God and I am Happy, Happiest I have ever been, even though I don't have many friends nowadays.

And in the bible it says it.

If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you, 'A slave is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will keep yours also.…

I too have friends who have left because of my faith. The ones who stick around regardless of your faith, even if they have no faith themselves may well end up discovering Christ one day.

There are two distinct types of non-believers - the ones who will remain non-believers until the day they die and the ones who are tomorrow's Christians.

The ones who stay friends with you even if they appear to be completely anti-God at the moment may well be sticking with you because God has a plan for them.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

Before looking upon people in a judgemental way

that don't understand Christ, we as God servants we suppose to teach the gospel with open arms.

1. Christians are to reach out to ALL with the Gospel regardless of their spiritual condition.

2. Christians are to "befriend" ALL as above. Befriending and friendship are not identical.

3. Christians can only have other believers are true friends, and that too if they are on the same "wave-length".  Many Christians are carnal rather that spiritual and one should be able to discern the difference.  Mature Christians can befriend immature Christians, but may not be able to establish friendship until the immature "grow up".

4. Christians are commanded to have no fellowship with other Christians who are sinning deliberately and refusing to repent even after they are given spiritual counsel.

5. True friendship and true Christian love includes rebuking (in the right spirit) those who are out of line.  Too many Christians are not willing to be corrected.

6. Judging righteously is not the same as being judgemental. and we all are expected to make righteous judgements every day.

7. There are very few people with whom one can be totally open, therefore Christians must constantly be in control of their tongues. Friendship does not necessarily mean unloading everything on others.  We are to unload everything on the Lord -- cast thy burden upon the LORD, and He shall sustain thee.