• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

What does having our feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace mean?  I hear different reports. I have always seen it as being prepared to witness. Because 'readiness'.  Being ready.  So always being ready with the gospel of peace.  The gospel of peace is our peace with God thru Jesus Christ.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

This scripture also contains..feet with gospel of peace....shield of faith...helmet of salvation...being prepared to proclaim the gospel which we have accepted and be prepared to tell others of our salvation through Jesus' Grace .

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

It is by proclaiming the Gospel that we 'make advances' into enemy territory. So being ready and prepared to do so would be like  a soldier putting his boots on.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

What does having our feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace mean?  I hear different reports. I have always seen it as being prepared to witness. Because 'readiness'.  Being ready.  So always being ready with the gospel of peace.  The gospel of peace is our peace with God thru Jesus Christ.  

It is not so much about OUR peace with God as it about peace for those are without Christ.  The true Gospel should bring peace to the soul of every sinner. So what this means is that we should be ready to share the Gospel with all, and TO GO WITH the Gospel wherever God wants us to go. Many Christians are not equipped with the appropriate Scriptures in their memories to share the Gospel from the Word of God.  It is the Word which is the seed for the New Birth.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Pamela,  suggest doing an online search of the proverbs concerning feet.  You will learn much about this scripture in them.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

Your answers agree with me, interesting since I don't see that when I do an online search except I think I recall once, unless my memory is wrong.  

Will try an online search about feet in proverbs.  

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Ephesians 6:15 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Agreed!  

And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, how beautiful are the feet that of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things.   Romans 10:15

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!   Isaiah 52:7

• 1 year later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 9/19/2015 at 9:48 AM, Pamelasv said:

Dear sister Pamelasv,

Grace and mercy and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Just as before leaving home, we always shod our feet with a certain shoe, spiritually we should, when we leave the house, we are prepared to communicate the peace of the Eternal with those with whom we have contact.

·        “And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; to wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.” (2Corinthians 5.18-20).

·        “But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:” (1Peter 3.15).

·        “Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time. Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.” (Colossians 4.5,6).

It is the Word of the Eternal that makes our feet beautiful:

·        “How beautiful are thy feet with shoes, O prince's daughter! the joints of thy thighs are like jewels, the work of the hands of a cunning workman.” (Song of Solomon 7.1).

·        Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” (Psalms 119.105).

May Jesus bless us for ever with His love and word, so that we will never reach anyone empty (Exodus 23:15, Deuteronomy 16:16).