IGNORED

When Christ returns for the Body of Christ.

Marilyn C

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Last Daze,

Yes, that is right, I was referring to Eph. 4:13, the unity of Faith. Thanks.

Marilyn.

Hi Ezra,

I`m glad you don`t believe the Body of Christ comes down to earth. Now what scriptures tell you that the Body of Christ will come down from the highest heavens & be in the New Jerusalem?

Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

Hi Ezra,

I`m glad you don`t believe the Body of Christ comes down to earth. Now what scriptures tell you that the Body of Christ will come down from the highest heavens & be in the New Jerusalem?

Marilyn.

Let me ask you.  Do you not believe that (a) the New Jerusalem is the eternal home of the Church and (b) the New Jerusalem descends from Heaven and hovers over the earth?

Hi Ezra,

I do not believe that God`s word says that the New Jerusalem is the eternal home of the Body of Christ.

I do believe that the New Jerusalem will come down from the third heaven & hover over the earth.

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Hi Ezra,

I do not believe that God`s word says that the New Jerusalem is the eternal home of the Body of Christ.

I do believe that the New Jerusalem will come down from the third heaven & hover over the earth.

Marilyn.

The way I see it there will be a new Earth and a New Jerusalem.Like you say the New Jerusalem will hover over the New Earth.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

Hi Last Daze,

Yes, that is right, I was referring to Eph. 4:13, the unity of Faith. Thanks.

Marilyn.

What do you understand that to mean and how do you think we'll get to the "unity of the faith"?  Do you see it as the body of Christ being in doctrinal agreement or something on the order of a test that proves our faith?

Hi Last Daze,

Very good question, I believe, some people are saying that the Body of Christ has to go through the tribulation (70th week) to prove `whatever.` However it is not suffering (per say) that changes us, look at those in Rev. 9: 21, `...& they did not repent of their murders...` & they had just suffered through some of the judgments. It is masochistic to believe that believers have to go through the judgments that Christ executes upon the rebellious. He is not going to execute judgments upon the Body that He died for.

So I believe that it is standing for the truth that always involves a struggle & a cost - health, family, friends, land, misunderstanding, torture, martyrdom etc. I believe that the Lord who is the Head of the body is building & maturing His body & He will complete it. That means that whoever is in the Body will have come to doctrinal agreement. This has to happen by the Holy Spirit, otherwise Christ is not able to operate in His body & accomplish this great work.

Marilyn.

Marilyn,

Since you are so concerned about "the unity of the faith" and "doctrinal agreement", it is surprising that you have made the above statement. So let me show you from Scripture that New Jerusalem is INDEED the eternal home of the Body of Christ, the Church:

1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Where is the Father's house? In Heaven, and specifically and eternally in the New Jerusalem.

Where are the mansions promised to believers? In the Father's house.

Where is Christ and where will He be? Beside the Father eternally as the Lamb in the New Jerusalem.

So you can see that your belief is false, and not grounded in Scripture. Therefore to maintain the unity of the faith, you will need to revise you belief regarding this matter.  I trust you will.

Hi Ezra,

Now bro, I wouldn`t be too quick to say my belief is false. Do you realise who the Lord is talking to there concerning those places, (rooms, mansions)?

Marilyn.

footnote:  it is likely 'mansions' is incorrect ,  'rooms' is probably better.

If you had a choice between a splendid mansion or merely a room, which would you prefer?  The New Jerusalem is such a vast city, that the mansions will be proportionately vast.  Actually the Greek word monai means abodes, not rooms, and an abode could be equal to a mansion.  The KJV translators probably used that word *mansions* to correspond to the splendor of the New Jerusalem. 

It is significant to note that modern translations cannot be relied upon for a proper understanding of Scripture, and you will find *rooms* in modern translations. It is the corrupt NIV which has *rooms*, and even the NASB has *dwelling places* which is close enough to abodes. The Amplified Bible adds *homes* (in brackets) to *dwelling places*, which brings us back to glorious mansions. 

After all believers are king-priests.  God has also placed an *incorruptible inheritance* in each of those mansions. Not only is God extremely gracious, but He is exceedingly liberal in what He freely lavishes upon His children, and then tells them *ALL THINGS ARE YOURS*. We all can learn from God unstinting generosity.