IGNORED

Should a girl confess her feelings to a guy in church?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi,

I'm new here, and happy to have found an ACTUAL Christian site. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope this doesn't sound like a sappy love story haha. 

I was 15 when my mom took my family to El Salvador and we went to our congregated church there. I met the pastor and his wife and all their children. We all became such good friends. I live in Arizona, and they would often come to Mexico every 3 years for church conferences, and it wasn't until 2009 that I began growing feelings for this one particular son of theirs. I love the way he sings songs for God, I love the way he makes songs too. He plays the guitar as well and so do his brothers. His younger brother is married and his youngest brother is engaged and the one I like is the eldest and is single (yay). So, they lived in El Salvador, then moved to Panama...then something with their visa happened that now they have moved to Mexico...which is only 15 minutes away from me! Now I don't want to think that it is a coincidence that maybe it's my chance and all. This year we have met with them and my goodness I felt such a happiness in me to see them again. I really want to tell him how I feel. I really really do. I mean it with all the humbleness in my heart to tell him. I love his family. His father isn't a pastor but an evangelist now. I just don't know if it is right to tell HIM. I have all the confidence to go up to him and tell him. I am not shy. I also want to know if it will be disrespectful to the church. I don't mean church as in the "people". I want to tell him respectfully. I also understand the antiquated ways that my mom has been telling me. But so far none of the guys in my church have ever approached me in that way. I am not scared to tell anyone that i like them or not. I just really don't know if it is right or wrong. I don't want to be single forever. He is 26 and I am 24. I also don't want to be shown as shameless either. lol. Anyways. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I appreciate it. God bless. 

Edited by winterbaby

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Praying~!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  508
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  03/09/1985

My advice would be talk to your own pastor about your feelings for this man, perhaps he could give you more advice as he knows you and could give you advice on if you should pursue the relationship or not. From you post it seems that your pastor may know this man's family and he might have some insight about the family and weather any advances would be welcomed. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

if it is God's will for you He will arrange it. Sometimes we become impatient with God and take things into our own hands only to regret not waiting for God to lead. As the Bible says, " be of good courage..wait on the Lord" 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/30/1980

I've been married for 5 years and my wife made contact with me 1st.  While I do think that a man should generally show interest in the woman he wants, I also think that a little encouragement in that area can be helpful.  There is some value in the "antiquated" ways your mom would want you to pursue.  Don't go overboard.  Maybe ask him if he'd be interested in talking on the phone/text/email etc.  Then you can see where it goes from there.  Always be prayerful about it, but I don't see any harm in planting a little seed to see if it grows.  Good luck. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I'm going to echo  the above, winterbaby.  Ask the young man if he would like to trade texts or phone calls without revealing any romantic feelings.  Then pray for God to guide you both.  I hope it works out the way you want it to.  But, listen to your mom; men still like to be the pursuers.  Women have to make them feel that they are.  :)