• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

It says to the women in...

Ephesians 5:22 - wives submit yourselves unto your "own" husbands...

I have personally seen in my walk with the Lord how some pastors over step their bounds in the authority they have in individuals personal family lives.  The scripture plainly says that the wives are to submit themselves unto their own husbands.  

My questions and thoughts are centered around just how much rule (authority) does a pastor or any spiritual leaders have in our personal lives?   Are the pastor ursurping their authority in the families according to the word?  How do others view the scripture in light of leadership positions verses the position of individual men being over their own wives and the wives being instructed not to submit to anyone but their own husbands.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

May I ask what type of overstepping are you referring to?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Like for example which is a minor one here.  But I've seen wedges being placed between husbands and wives in the church by the pastors trying to intimidate other men's wives to do something they personally do not want them to be doing.  Like for instance the pastor has asked the woman to drive the church van as he felt led for her to do it and then the wife is out of the home all the time driving the church van.  But the husband is requesting that the wife be home more for him and his needs but the wife has been manipulated by the pastor to be doing all this work driving the van everywhere that her family members are being neglected as a result.  The woman is kind of in a vulnerable spot as she has only one head over her which is her husband so who does she listen to.  The church has authority as well as church leadership but how does one know if they are being manipulated and realize when wedges are being put between married couples in such a matter.

Guest shiloh357

Pastors have no authority in someone else's family.   She should tell the pastor to find someone else to do the job and not let him manipulate her.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

Like for example which is a minor one here.  But I've seen wedges being placed between husbands and wives in the church by the pastors trying to intimidate other men's wives to do something they personally do not want them to be doing.  Like for instance the pastor has asked the woman to drive the church van as he felt led for her to do it and then the wife is out of the home all the time driving the church van.  But the husband is requesting that the wife be home more for him and his needs but the wife has been manipulated by the pastor to be doing all this work driving the van everywhere that her family members are being neglected as a result.  The woman is kind of in a vulnerable spot as she has only one head over her which is her husband so who does she listen to.  The church has authority as well as church leadership but how does one know if they are being manipulated and realize when wedges are being put between married couples in such a matter.

Then the Pastors are playing God.God is the head of a household not a Pastor.

Guest shiloh357

When a pastor starts meddling in a family and starts trying manipulate like he is doing in the example above, that church could readily turn into a cult.   Cult leaders are nothing if not control freaks, and controllers are manipulators.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,438
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I have always been Leary of people who want control... the elevation of one over another seems in comparison  to be  the same desire as satan entertained. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

imo the Pastor is wrong. He should ask for volunteers to drive the bus or the church should pay a driver

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

1 Peter 5:2-3 NKJV  Shepherd the flock of God which is among you, serving as overseers, not by compulsion but willingly, not for dishonest gain but eagerly; nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock;

Hebrews 13:7,9, 17 NKJV   Remember those who rule over you, who have spoken the Word of God to you, whose faith follow, considering the outcome of their conduct.  Do not be carried about by various and strange doctrines---.  Obey those who rule over (lead) you and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as those who must give account.  Let them do so with joy and not with grief, for that would be unprofitable for you.

According to the context I would presume that we are to obey the pastors in regards to doctrine and perhaps morals.  Women are to obey their husbands, and he is to obey Christ.  We all are to be submissive to one another in a humble attitude.  Perhaps it would be best if the husband went to the pastor and told him he does not want his wife driving the van, or that she will be available one day per month only.  Since her husband is her head, he should take care of it.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

722723ea6ae2319ed4d3160edc6865b6.jpg

Control is something you need to put aside.