JohnD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,264
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Right, the Branhamites are dangerous... The guy leads people to William branham and not Jesus Christ. (who they think was created), Every time he tried to describe that God is one, I'd say say yeah thats the trinity/ Godhead.

Same with this topic, I'm not sure if the 1st post is advocating the trinity or denying it... He just quotes the first few verses of John and Genesis, which perfectly show the Godhead or a "trinity" - the "tri-unity" of God.

I think you need to read the second part of this post about 4 times....

Ok now what?

Well if he quotes several verses that perfect shows the Trinity, don't you think that he is making that point.....    or are you questioning him being s total idiot.....  LoL

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Content Count:  56,264
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Blessings JohnD,,,,,

What would you like to talk about ,,,,I see you have posted a couple of Scripture verses but I am not sure what you want to say,or ask,or discuss?Do you have a question?                                                      With love -in Christ,Kwik

Well, the title of the thread is talking about the "One-Two" of Trinity Theology and in the OP he posts several verses that together show the Trinity...   To quote Inseasonout   "which perfectly show the Godhead or a "trinity""

John is simply making a statement in a way that there is little else to talk about if one understands what he said....   I personally was hoping for a no other response thread so I could bump it every now and again. so new people could see it.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Right, the Branhamites are dangerous... The guy leads people to William branham and not Jesus Christ. (who they think was created), Every time he tried to describe that God is one, I'd say say yeah thats the trinity/ Godhead.

Same with this topic, I'm not sure if the 1st post is advocating the trinity or denying it... He just quotes the first few verses of John and Genesis, which perfectly show the Godhead or a "trinity" - the "tri-unity" of God.

I think you need to read the second part of this post about 4 times....

Ok now what?

Well if he quotes several verses that perfect shows the Trinity, don't you think that he is making that point.....    or are you questioning him being s total idiot.....  LoL

Oh ok, I was just saying that the Branhamites will use those same verses to Disprove the trinity, and have some cultic interpretation. They somehow don't see it...

Then they will try again and i say no that describes the trinity... then they give an analogy to disprove the trinity and then i say wow you perfectly described the trinity!

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

God Bless you other one,I know exactly what you mean & I am happy to reply also,,,,,not to get bumped,this is EXACTLY what we want people to see,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,    Cool JohnD,I get it too!!!!!!lol                Love<Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

I found out recently that the Branhamites or the "message" cult (of william branham) is in my town. I talked to a guy about all Branhams heretical doctrines including his denying the Godhead (trinity). It is odd how we met. I was out preaching the gospel. He was out preaching the message.

William Branham was a false prophet, and his doctrine of Christ proves this:

Jesus of Nazareth was not God, but an archangel who God made into a man. That is a variation of a very old heresy known as Arianism, which is best known and represented in our day by the Jehovah's Witness cult from where WMB obviously borrowed it. Further teaching of WMB says that after Jesus was made into a human being at His birth. When He was about 30 years of age, the Holy Spirit entered Jesus' body at His baptism. At that time, being possessed as it were by God, Jesus body was God's body on earth, essentially making Him God. One man with two minds and two wills. Later, in the Garden of Gethsemene, the night before He was crucified, the Spirit of God left Jesus' body so He could again become just a man in order to die on the cross, since "God could not die."

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,894
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

since the simple to the point message has been clouded up a bit, I am starting a new thread on this topic

John 1:1–2 (AV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.

1 John 1:1–2 (AV)
1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

Genesis 1:1–2 (AV)
1 In the beginning God* created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

*John 1:3, Colossians 1:16, Isaiah 44:24 = God the Word (John 1:1) who was with the Father (1 John 1:2) is also with the Spirit of God (Genesis 1:2)

Jonh was born an Israelite, and  grew up worshiping the God of Israel according to the Law of Moses. At the later part of his life Jonh departed from his Jewish Religeous inheritance and joint himself to "the Way". The group of people who believe that Jesus is the Christ of God.

Jonh in chapter one, verse one and two refered  to not one, but  to two Gods, the one who came from God, and whom he calls the "word", "the Life" "the light" "the Word of Life", and at the time of this letter he called "the eternal life".

Jonh referred to The other God who was before God the "Word" as God  the "Father". 

He is making a distinction between "God the Father" and God the "Word" or the "Life" or the"Light".

He is pointing to a relationship between the two Gods. "God the Father" and he as "the Father" must be the Father of the one whom Jonh  calls  the "Word",  as only the two of them were together before anyone else and anything else.

He is telling us that God the Father was at the very  beginning without God the Word, and that God the Word could not be without God the Father.

The question is the following.

Which one  from the two "Gods" is the "God of Abraham, and Isaac and Jacob? 

What Jonh himself has to say?

This iquestion, seeks identification of the God of the Jews or Israel and not with just as take it or leave it, it is your choice answer,  but at least with some brief explanation. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

My LORD

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

And My God

And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
Then saith he to Thomas, reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
John 20:26-28

?

One

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: Mark 12:29

LORD

And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces. In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates: Genesis 15:17-18

Indivisible

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Isaiah 44:6

With Grace And Mercy

For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. Isaiah 54:5

For Whosoever

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:16-17

Will

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:15

~

So

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
1 John 5:11-13

What's The Beef?

I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
1 John 2:21-23

~

Believe

While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. Matthew 17:5

And Be Blessed Beloved

And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. John 17:5

Love, Joe

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,894
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

My LORD

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

And My God

And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
Then saith he to Thomas, reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

?

One

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: Mark 12:29

LORD

And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces. In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates: Genesis 15:17-18

Indivisible

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Isaiah 44:6

With Grace And Mercy

For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. Isaiah 54:5

For Whosoever

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:16-17

Will

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:15

~

So

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

What's The Beef?

I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

~

Believe

While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. Matthew 17:5

And Be Blessed Beloved

And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. John 17:5

Love, Joe

Hi, brother Joe

Luke 2:10, And the angel said unto them, Fear not; for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which sall be to all people.

11, For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

12, And this shall be a sign unto you; You shall find the baby wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.

13, And suddenly there was with the  angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying.

14, GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST,

(these words were spoken by the heavenly host, "Glory  to God in the highest",                                                          while Christ the Lord was lying in the manger)

and on earth peace, good will towards men.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

My LORD

And My God

Which one from the two "Gods" is the "God of Abraham, and Isaac and Jacob?  

?

One

LORD

Indivisible

With Grace And Mercy

For Whosoever

Will

~

So

What's The Beef?

~

Believe

And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

Hi, brother Joe

Luke 2:10, And the angel said unto them, Fear not; for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which sall be to all people.

11, For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

12, And this shall be a sign unto you; You shall find the baby wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.

13, And suddenly there was with the  angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying.

14, GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST,

(these words were spoken by the heavenly host, "Glory  to God in the highest",                                                          while Christ the Lord was lying in the manger)

and on earth peace, good will towards men.

:emot-heartbeat:

Beloved,

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
2 Corinthians 5:19-21

Jesus Is Just

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Philippians 2:5-11

Jaw Dropping Isn't He

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. 1 Timothy 3:16

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

There is only ONE God, but there are three Divine persons within the Godhead -- the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost, and these three are One (1 Jn 5:7). So the God of Abraham , Isaac, and Jacob was Yahweh Elohim -- the LORD God. When He appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, it was the Word who appeared, since no man has seen God the Father at any time.

After these things the Word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward. (Gen 15:1)

And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect. (Gen 17:1)

And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day (Gen 18:1)