• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

Well .. this is what I believe is the 70 weeks timeline ..

Decree to rebuild to completion                                               From completion to Messiah               (Messiah Emerges)     Messiah Emerged to Stephen's Stoning                                 

457bc <----------- 7 weeks ---------------> 408bc <<>> 408bc<-------------- 62 weeks -------------> 27ad  <<>>  27ad <-------------- 1 week --------------->34ad      = 70 weeks

After Stephen's stoning, the covenant went out to the Gentiles.

That is critical in my mind because as I understand it, Christ was to be either accepted or rejected within those 70 weeks by National Israel ("thy people") per Daniel 9:24's six Messiah focused requirements.

As I see it then, only two scenarios therefore are possible as a result of the 70 weeks rejection / acceptance of the 6 requirements .. which are these :

Either

1) National Israel would be the ministers for this new covenant BY the 70 weeks completion

.. OR ..

2) Someone else (Gentiles) would be after the 70 weeks.

THAT is the sign of the 70 weeks fulfilment in my eyes ..

And it wasn't until after Stephens stoning did the gospel (covenant) go out to the Gentiles .. meaning 'thy people' decided  by the 70 week deadline whether Messiah is officially rejected or officially accepted .. and we all know the end result of that.

Q : Who was Stephen testifying against and, face to face with, on the day of his murder?

A : The spiritual leaders / representatives of National Israel themselves .. the Elders .. the Sanhedrin !!

And the result of their (Sanhedrin's) decision on that very same day? ..

Israel officially rejects Messiah for the final time ..

.. and ..

Christians start being officially persecuted after that day ..

.. and ..

Christians flee Israel and take the gospel (covenant) with them to the Gentiles ..

.. and ..

The Gentiles now become His Ministers & saints for this new covenant.

Which means to me, the 70 weeks were indeed fulfilled.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

Serving

No one fled to the mountains when Christ was Crucified (midweek) according to Matt 24:15-20.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

2 hours ago, Serving said:

And the result of their (Sanhedrin's) decision on that very same day?....

Israel officially rejects Messiah for the final time....

~

Amen~!

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16

The New Covenant

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. Jeremiah 31:31-33

So, Just How GREAT Is Our

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes. For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. Romans 11:25

GOD

I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early. Hosea 5:15

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

1 hour ago, Montana Marv said:

Serving

No one fled to the mountains when Christ was Crucified (midweek) according to Matt 24:15-20.

In Christ

Montana Marv

I never thought they should?

I've never associated Matt 24:15-20 with the midst of week (Crucifixion), nor do I still.

This happened mid week though :

Matthew 27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

And this :

Zechariah 13:7 Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.

Mark 14:27 And Jesus saith unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered.

But .. I've never included Matt 24 nor can I see why it should be included 'midweek' either?

1 hour ago, FresnoJoe said:

~

Amen~!

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16

The New Covenant

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. Jeremiah 31:31-33

So, Just How GREAT Is Our

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes. For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. Romans 11:25

GOD

I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early. Hosea 5:15

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

Amen Joe, nice.

Always liked that one .. PTL

God bless.

Here's something interesting

Matthew 18:21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?

Matthew 18:22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Sound familiar?

I wouldn't be surprised if Jesus was really alluding to Israel's 70 weeks deadline / decree there on a deeper level .. and if Israel didn't get their act together by the 70th sevens and receive Messiah, then forgiveness will be of the Gentiles instead. (until the set time anyway when "He shall choose Israel again") 

Anyways .. I don't want to hijack this post more than I have already .. sorry Daze.

Just wanted to put out there another view.

Regards.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

5 hours ago, Serving said:

Well .. this is what I believe is the 70 weeks timeline ..

Decree to rebuild to completion                                               From completion to Messiah               (Messiah Emerges)     Messiah Emerged to Stephen's Stoning                                 

457bc <----------- 7 weeks ---------------> 408bc <<>> 408bc<-------------- 62 weeks -------------> 27ad  <<>>  27ad <-------------- 1 week --------------->34ad      = 70 weeks

After Stephen's stoning, the covenant went out to the Gentiles.

That is critical in my mind because as I understand it, Christ was to be either accepted or rejected within those 70 weeks by National Israel ("thy people") per Daniel 9:24's six Messiah focused requirements.

As I see it then, only two scenarios therefore are possible as a result of the 70 weeks rejection / acceptance of the 6 requirements .. which are these :

Either

1) National Israel would be the ministers for this new covenant BY the 70 weeks completion

.. OR ..

THAT is the sign of the 70 weeks fulfilment in my eyes ..

And it wasn't until after Stephens stoning did the gospel (covenant) go out to the Gentiles .. meaning 'thy people' decided  by the 70 week deadline whether Messiah is officially rejected or officially accepted .. and we all know the end result of that.

Q : Who was Stephen testifying against and, face to face with, on the day of his murder?

A : The spiritual leaders / representatives of National Israel themselves .. the Elders .. the Sanhedrin !!

And the result of their (Sanhedrin's) decision on that very same day? ..

Israel officially rejects Messiah for the final time ..

.. and ..

Christians start being officially persecuted after that day ..

.. and ..

Christians flee Israel and take the gospel (covenant) with them to the Gentiles ..

.. and ..

The Gentiles now become His Ministers & saints for this new covenant.

Which means to me, the 70 weeks were indeed fulfilled.

Very well stated Serving.  Do we have any clues as to when Stephen was murdered?  Or only that if falls within the realm of possibility.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Serving said:

Here's something interesting

Matthew 18:21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?

Matthew 18:22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Sound familiar?

I wouldn't be surprised if Jesus was really alluding to Israel's 70 weeks deadline / decree there on a deeper level .. and if Israel didn't get their act together by the 70th sevens and receive Messiah, then forgiveness will be of the Gentiles instead. (until the set time anyway when "He shall choose Israel again") 

If I could, I would add one thought to this (nice, work by the way). 

"...then the forgiveness will be of the Gentiles instead." I would say "forgiveness will be of the Gentiles also" rather as the atonement was for all man. First to the Jew then to the Gentile. 

19 hours ago, Last Daze said:

Very well stated Serving.  Do we have any clues as to when Stephen was murdered?  Or only that if falls within the realm of possibility.

Thanks Daze, I did need to look up timelines though, and, apparently, the majority  of timelines tend to agree with the date of Stephen's stoning of which I used, but just as importantly, there are still others that don't agree as I have found, so really, nobody is 100% sure .. which is why I am instead depending on the scriptures themselves as my guide for the signifier to the end of the week. 

So I am going by this presumption I posted earlier :

Either

.. OR ..

That presumption is according to the 6 conditions God paced upon Israel to fulfil within the 70 weeks.

So to me, something had to happen on the last day of the 'week' before the covenant went out to the Gentiles if National Israel failed the conditions .. and the simple fact that Stephen's death was right before the persecutions began, which forced the disciples to flee out of Israel with the New Covenant, then scripturally, to me, that is the most solid & notable event there is to go with within the scriptures themselves.

So even though it is not solid date wise (of which no one is btw for that 3 1/2 years after crucifixion), I personally find it solid doctrinally wise .. and frankly, That's all we really need in an ideal world where we all saw eye to eye .. but understandingly we don't .. nevertheless, that timeline I used is as solid as it can ever get majority wise, unfortunately .. short of hopping in a time machine and witnessing it for ourselves.