• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

6 hours ago, enoob57 said:

We have only the beginning God tells us about... anything outside of this is not from God but from other.
The whole of Christianity is to build ones understanding to the proper hermeneutic formed from God's
Word and only God's Word

2 Co 10:5

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
KJV

This your simply not being obedient to but are imagining within a non permitted way about God....

Your verse doesn't apply. Sure I am imaginative, but I am supporting the knowledge of God, and am certainly not against the knowledge of God. Have you any further verses that would show that I am in any way wrong?

Guest Thallasa
6 hours ago, ARGOSY said:

About the lights, remember where the spirit of God is?  On the dark watery surface, so the perspective is made clear in context. It is on the surface of the waters where sunlight first shines through.  A few days later the stars are seen. These visible stars are for signs and seasons etc.  

I don't get you otherwise, before creation, was another creation. And before that creation, was another creation. Because to think God went through eternity without creating anything at all is just far-fetched, beyond his nature. So you are just adding concepts to the text that just do not exist. This reminds me of those flat-earthers who just assume that they are biblically correct witho.ut scripture to back it up.     I find your thinking too earth-centric, and too limiting.   As if mankind was the only interesting thing God did in all eternity.    Even this universe is a limiting concept of God, who lived before this universe, who is without beginning. Sure we are an important project, God sent his only son for us. That's ridiculously important. But other stuff was obviously occurring because God is eternal. So I am not manipulating the text, as you say, I am reading it literally, in context of the very eternal and creative nature of God. To assume God restricted himself to just this one creation is unbiblical and highly limiting.

Hurrah ,I hope this will enter the heads of those who think God thinks just like them, and reduce everything to their limited vision . As though God were just  a  king or president ,  when no one can begin to fathom or imagine His vastness , beyond all our imagining even when one studies and studies  .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

4 minutes ago, Thallasa said:

Hurrah ,I hope this will enter the heads of those who think God thinks just like them, and reduce everything to their limited vision . As though God were just  a  king or president ,  when no one can begin to fathom or imagine His vastness , beyond all our imagining even when one studies and studies  .

This is true, it's impossible to limit God, I am sure there will be exciting surprises for His children for all eternity. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

16 minutes ago, ARGOSY said:

This is true, it's impossible to limit God, I am sure there will be exciting surprises for His children for all eternity. 

True, we have no idea what lies ahead for us, what God has prepared for us?

Isaiah 64:4, "For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him."

And;

1 Corinthians 2:9, "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."

Guest Thallasa
57 minutes ago, ARGOSY said:

Because its mankind's story.

Yes it is : there is much  that is not yet revealed , at least not in every detail .

Guest Thallasa
7 hours ago, enoob57 said:

We have only the beginning God tells us about... anything outside of this is not from God but from other.
The whole of Christianity is to build ones understanding to the proper hermeneutic formed from God's
Word and only God's Word

2 Co 10:5

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
KJV

This your simply not being obedient to but are imagining within a non permitted way about God....

Permitted by whom ?  If it were up to certain individuals we would  still believe in a flat earth , a sun going round the earth , that the internet is a tool of the devil, only . Many things in creation can be used for good or bad ,but the fact that people would  misuse them did not stop God from creating them ,as much of His intention is to teach us to learn and discriminate  between what is good ; His Work , and that which is poisoned , that of the 'destroyer .

Without allowing us to take risks we would never be free ,and we would not be His children by free choice . The kind of supression which often takes place among those fearful of expanding the meaning in the bible to correspond to our present day knowledge ,would have prevented us being on this net today among other things .

All that points to God as Creator ,and Jesus as Saviour is good ,and all that points away is bad . Simple .There are many christians, who are great scientists who would have never been able to work and prove God's design if we were as fearful as the religious of past times .

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

9 minutes ago, Thallasa said:

Permitted by whom ?  If it were up to certain individuals we would  still believe in a flat earth , a sun going round the earth , that the internet is a tool of the devil, only . Many things in creation can be used for good or bad ,but the fact that people would  misuse them did not stop God from creating them ,as much of His intention is to teach us to learn and discriminate  between what is good ; His Work , and that which is poisoned , that of the 'destroyer .

Without allowing us to take risks we would never be free ,and we would not be His children by free choice . The kind of supression which often takes place among those fearful of expanding the meaning in the bible to correspond to our present day knowledge ,would have prevented us being on this net today among other things .

All that points to God as Creator ,and Jesus as Saviour is good ,and all that points away is bad . Simple .There are many christians, who are great scientists who would have never been able to work and prove God's design if we were as fearful as the religious of past times .

if you take the Bible literally one would have to believe the earth is a round flat disk with a dome of something as hard as steel and the sun and moon travels across just under this dome.....    Oh, yeah, and God lives on top of the dome.

Guest Thallasa
16 minutes ago, other one said:

if you take the Bible literally one would have to believe the earth is a round flat disk with a dome of something as hard as steel and the sun and moon travels across just under this dome.....    Oh, yeah, and God lives on top of the dome.

:20:but it is .

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Just now, Thallasa said:

:20:but it is .

I have very good friends who agree with you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

57 minutes ago, other one said:

That's a bit of an exaggeration. This view may have prevailed a long time ago but there are only a few members of the Flat Earthy Society today (perhaps 500).