IGNORED

DO YOU BELIEVE ITS OKAY TO EAT PORK, AS A BELIEVER IN GOD ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

8 hours ago, Shar said:

This one fact you quote does not go with the actual times.  Peter was a Jew and remained so.  The Jews did not adopt the pagan lifestyle.  The Gentiles were not the non-Jews of today.  They were an extremely idolatrous, sexually perverted, blood drinking, non-kosher, polytheist people group.  Remarkably unclean and to be avoided.  These people were now open up to being brought into the faith through the blood of Messiah.  The only faith was a biblical form of Judaism, that Paul often referred to as "The Way".  Acts 15 gave the first 4 basic requirements that these pagans must do to clean up their act in order to be able to be brought in and have the Jew teach them the faith.  These Gentiles were required to give up their lifestyle, NEVER did G-d instruct the Jew to adopt pagan lifestyle in ANY form. 

A clear example of how the Church has deviated from the original faith is our failure to practice, even as stated by Paul to keep, is The Passover (1 Cor. 5:8).  How could we ignore one of the G-d's greatest festivals, that marked the actual death, burial and resurrection of our L-rd, and justify switching it for the pagan feast of Ishtar?  Ishtar (Easter), the fertility goddess, and all it symbols of the eggs, the bunnies, etc.  We take the Passover, throw it away, and say our L-rd resurrected on this pagan feast?

Do a thorough study of the Church's history and you will be astonished on how far we have deviated.  Constantine moved to make Christianity the religion during his reign for political reason.  They then took the worship of their Sun god on Sunday and switched out Sabbath and switch Passover for the pagan feast of Ishtar (Easter) and our L-rd's birth (Festival of Succoth) for Saturnalia, the birth of their Sun god, Saturn. 

thank you shar for that , great response,

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  2

6 minutes ago, other one said:

Well, I personally fail to believe God would use something that was a lie to make a point....   which is exactly what you are saying he did.

Be Christ-like and not call one another liars.  You simply cannot conclusively state that there is a dual meaning in this vision when Peter immediately goes to Cornelius' house to share the good news with a Gentile.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Just now, Shar said:

Be Christ-like and not call one another liars.  You simply cannot conclusively state that there is a dual meaning in this vision when Peter immediately goes to Cornelius' house to share the good news with a Gentile.

Sure I can for I don't believe God would have used something that was untrue to make a point with him.....   I'm kind of surprised that you do.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

if you don't think Christ declared all foods clean, and that Peter's vision reinforced this -- i'd just like to know how it is you think that God gave Peter a vision in which He instructed him to do evil, three times in a row, and reprimanded him for not doing it, in order to by metaphor teach him to do good? 

can you give another example of God instructing a righteous man to do wickedness, clearly and without ambiguity? as an object lesson? 

thanks.

7 hours ago, Shar said:

This is in reference to the sacrificial system, since the Messiah's sacrifice made us righteous, "he died once for all".  This did not do away with all of G-d's law.  Remember the precious words of our L-rd in Matthew 5:17.  "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets (the O.T).  I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill (to make their meaning full)  them.  I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter or the least stroke of the pen will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."  Immediately after this He goes into giving the full meaning behind several parables the Jews were already familiar with and gives them their true meaning.  He starts with the teaching on Anger.

The reference "to fading" means that it is moving forward to the time when it is all completed, then it will be obsolete, but is not so yet.  Not all has been accomplished as our L-rd requires.

Also, English translations poorly use the word "Law" for both of the words meaning either legalism or for teaching/guidelines of G-d.  You need to drive down those meanings when confused by the meaning of "Law".  Most times in the negative sense it references legalistic in character, which Paul often spoke against, not the reference to G-d's teachings.

that was awesome shar, and I agree and been trying to say the same thing, but my thoughts and words , I am not able to really express this in a convincing way , for I know what I want to say , but yet have a hard time with how to bring it to post, for it is to be taken apart so fast that there is no real thought and building on views, only whos right and whos wrong , which makes this very difficult to state and show what scripture really is saying so keep up the great work , and I support your view, doing great.

it's as though you're saying Christ told Peter "slaughter and forsake my sheep" three times in a row, to drive the point home that He really wanted him to "feed the sheep" 

??? 

come on guys, this shouldn't be hard. 

4 minutes ago, other one said:

Sure I can for I don't believe God would have used something that was untrue to make a point with him.....   I'm kind of surprised that you do.

exactly. :mellow:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 minutes ago, post said:

if you don't think Christ declared all foods clean, and that Peter's vision reinforced this -- i'd just like to know how it is you think that God gave Peter a vision in which He instructed him to do evil, three times in a row, and reprimanded him for not doing it, in order to by metaphor teach him to do good? 

can you give another example of God instructing a righteous man to do wickedness, clearly and without ambiguity? as an object lesson? 

thanks.

exactly.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,224
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

There must have been a very valid reason why the Jewish people were given wisdom to not eat certain things.

In those times, sanitary and preservation of foods were quite limited.

Today we can still fall ill because of unsanitary conditions concerning food.

But there is another point from which food  becomes less flavorful to partake in,

and that is how the food was raised and how it was cultivated or killed for the use of food.

If anyone bothered to go see some of the ways some farm animals are treated and killed for food,

that alone should be saying to your conscious something about eating these foods.

3 hours ago, Ezra said:

Those who make dietary restrictions an issue are in fact opposing Christ and His apostles, and all that is revealed in the New Testament. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed (John 8:36).

Ezra, that is not true for did you say that out of being one sided with your view, for that was not correct to say , but I will answer this with , that everyone goes and hides behind Grace as a catch all for cover when bombs are dropping, why would you think at all that shar , or myself is going against Jesus , when we are Defending exactly what He is saying , you have this wrong and I have to strongly diisagee with you, and tell you what we are saying is of God, and it is in line of obedience to the law and the word of God in everyway ,

so please don't say what you did, unless you have really studied what is being said, here.

it is like there is no teaching a old dog new tricks, many people and long time believers are stuck in there ways and unable to open there hearts to see , what if someone else is right and you could be misunderstanding what you believed all the this time?

we are if not supporting the stand of Jesus spoken words,  and hold to the real truth of the study, why would other decide to throw this out , ?

I am going to say maybe because no one has come on with a view that really puts other beliefs in to a holding pattern that needs to be examined, please check out what we are saying and don't be so fast to judge it and toss it out,  thank you and blessings my brother always a pleasure to chat with you,  thank you