IGNORED

WHERE DO YOU GO RIGHT NOW ,IF YOU WERE TO DIE ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  14

where would you go if you were to die today, would you be with jesus , in hell , in the grave, or heaven

the bible tells us all go to the grave , unless you are here when the rapture comes, but all go to the grave, does our soul stay with us, or is it in heaven,

I hear love ones always say , he  or she is in a better place, this is said all the time,

from my study, and its just my opinion, that there is not a eternal hell, when you die you perish , and you are no more,

people claiming coming from death and saw hell, I don't think this is possible, was the meaning of hell ,fire forever and torment , biblical , or something made up by poet or something?

many churches and pastors are saying when you die you go immediately to heaven, with the lord, but this I read ,is not biblical .

How is being with Jesus different than being in heaven?

Jesus is Gods messenger, the son of God, came preaching the Fathers will, its not about Jesus, but about who is able to enter in to the new Kingdom of God,

God gave all authority for Jesus to get everything under control and to seal the Sins of man to the cross, and to prepare the people to receive the salvation, by way  of the Holy  spirit and to bring the sword of the word to separate , the just ,from the unjust, the obedient , from the disobedient, 

by following Gods word and commandments, it is the kingdom , of our lord of lords and king of kings will rule over, and we will reign with him, in this kingdom, if we truly follow all that was told , by denying the self and doing as we were commanded, and jesus who prepared the way , by fulfilling the all the laws ,and  of the prophets, we have Gods agape, love, to invite the people that wish to seek Jesus ,into the presence of God, with out the repentance and surrender to God of our selves, we cannot enter, in,

for broad and wide is the way that leads to destruction and death,and many  will go there, But narrow is the way , for those, that find it , and only a few go through it, so you see, even though many claim and profess to be believers, many will not make it in , for there lamps are not filled with oil, for many will be locked out for they were foolish and did not fill them selves with the truth of the word and was ready

Jesus is calling but only a few will find him,who ever the father brings to him  if we deny any of the law and truths and think we are smart in our man made ways and logic, reguardless, of the O.T and the N.T and covenance,then we will not enter in to his rest, we will be foolish and be turned away,

so we pray to the father through the spirit , in Jesus name and do as we are commanded, and we will enter in to the kingdom of God prepared for those that take up there cross,

there is no other way and let the truth be told, when we die we are in the grave ,until Jesus calls us out, this is scriptural and fact,

so now is the time to prepare for our faith , and direction we will go.

Jesus IS God, SS.  He is not a messenger for anyone. 

you are right M.G, But I never said Jesus was not God ? I did say he was the Son of God. and he did bring the message of the kingdom of God, its all over the parables,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Jesus IS God, SS.  He is not a messenger for anyone. 

you are right M.G, But I never said Jesus was not God ? I did say he was the Son of God. and he did bring the message of the kingdom of God, its all over the parables,

Okay.  But He is God, God is Jesus, God is the Holy Spirit.  All three are one.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

We tend to be trigger happy around here when somebody doesn't speak exactly as we speak and conform perfecrly to our understanding immediately.  There is very little investigation into any matter.  Contempt flows like salt on the meal before even giving the cook a fair taste.  These things ought not be so.

Where do I go right now if I die?  Wherever God sends me.  I lost my fear of the hearafter by walking with Jesus here and now.  The main reason people concern themselves with the afterlife is fear not love.  Fear believes the worst.  I was told to focus on the evil of the day and let the morrow take care of itself.  Eye hath not seen nor ear hath heard what God has planned for those that love him though Paul went on to say that they are revealed unto us.  Of which I am too young in Christ to understand much of it.  I am still searching the depth of God through the Spirit for the truth.  I am given what I need for today and that is the comfort of knowing that God will doing that which is good with me always.  In life, in death as well as anything beyond.

Peace.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

soul-sleep seems to be a catch-word/phrase or 'trigger word/phrase' that in modern use it seems such that those who support it and those who deny it are both wrong.

the truth, as always, is only in Yahweh's Word,  and never changes.

No place in the Bible will you see the term "Soul Sleep"

According to the Bible we will all 'sleep' in our graves until Jesus returns.  From lifefaithandhope.com..

Jesus Christ said in John 3:13: “No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.” That seems clear! Why is it so hard for so many to believe?

People who have died are not awake in heaven! They are “sleeping” or resting in their graves. The remaining verses of 1 Thessalonians 4 confirm this. Notice:

“For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep [are dead]. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first” (1 Thessalonians 4:15-16).

When Jesus Christ returns, the dead will “rise.” For one to “rise,” one would have to come up from somewhere. If one had died and gone to heaven already, then the individual wouldn’t be rising from the grave when Christ returns. He or she would be descending from heaven, yet this is not what Paul taught the Thessalonians.

This teaching of our being raised from the grave at Jesus Christ’s return is reiterated in 1 Corinthians 15:51-52: “Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed—in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.”

Morning would you please explain this post to me.Are you saying that the soul stays in the grave when we die? 

where would you go if you were to die today, would you be with jesus , in hell , in the grave, or heaven

the bible tells us all go to the grave , unless you are here when the rapture comes, but all go to the grave, does our soul stay with us, or is it in heaven,

I hear love ones always say , he  or she is in a better place, this is said all the time,

from my study, and its just my opinion, that there is not a eternal hell, when you die you perish , and you are no more,

people claiming coming from death and saw hell, I don't think this is possible, was the meaning of hell ,fire forever and torment , biblical , or something made up by poet or something?

many churches and pastors are saying when you die you go immediately to heaven, with the lord, but this I read ,is not biblical .

The Bible speaks a lot  about hell for be assured there is a hell and it is eternal, and it is where those who reject Jesus will spend eternity. You do not parish in hell you are very aware of where you are.  And yes it is flames and  and all the other horrors that it talks about.  To teach a doctrine that you are speaking of is very dangerous. 

I want to share Jesus will anyone who will listen so they will not go to hell.  That, I believe is why Jesus said to us, Go into the world and preach the Gospel to every living creature.  

It really sounds to me that you are trying to rewrite the Word of God and  put  your own twist on it, You can't do that either.  When the Bible speaks of something it is true.  If it says Hell is fire and eternal punishment you can be sure that it just it is.  Read it and believe it.

soul-sleep seems to be a catch-word/phrase or 'trigger word/phrase' that in modern use it seems such that those who support it and those who deny it are both wrong.

the truth, as always, is only in Yahweh's Word,  and never changes.

No place in the Bible will you see the term "Soul Sleep"

According to the Bible we will all 'sleep' in our graves until Jesus returns.  From lifefaithandhope.com..

Jesus Christ said in John 3:13: “No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.” That seems clear! Why is it so hard for so many to believe?

People who have died are not awake in heaven! They are “sleeping” or resting in their graves. The remaining verses of 1 Thessalonians 4 confirm this. Notice:

“For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep [are dead]. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first” (1 Thessalonians 4:15-16).

When Jesus Christ returns, the dead will “rise.” For one to “rise,” one would have to come up from somewhere. If one had died and gone to heaven already, then the individual wouldn’t be rising from the grave when Christ returns. He or she would be descending from heaven, yet this is not what Paul taught the Thessalonians.

This teaching of our being raised from the grave at Jesus Christ’s return is reiterated in 1 Corinthians 15:51-52: “Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed—in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.”

Morning would you please explain this post to me.Are you saying that the soul stays in the grave when we die? 

The Bible speaks a lot  about hell for be assured there is a hell and it is eternal, and it is where those who reject Jesus will spend eternity. You do not parish in hell you are very aware of where you are.  And yes it is flames and  and all the other horrors that it talks about.  To teach a doctrine that you are speaking of is very dangerous. 

I want to share Jesus will anyone who will listen so they will not go to hell.  That, I believe is why Jesus said to us, Go into the world and preach the Gospel to every living creature.  

It really sounds to me that you are trying to rewrite the Word of God and  put  your own twist on it, You can't do that either.  When the Bible speaks of something it is true.  If it says Hell is fire and eternal punishment you can be sure that it just it is.  Read it and believe it.

Okay brothers and sisters , let me ask this,  in the KJV bible, did the greek words, tartorus, hades ,and Gehenna, get translated as one word in the English, as Hell. then there would be different meanings to the scripture then just ,Hell or what people say is Hell,

for the American dictionary  defines it falsely from what we know it to be in the bible or Gods word, when hell ,it self, is in the grave ! ,I believe you do go to the grave, and you wait until you are called by the son of god for the rapture of the just ,or the unjust,

I also believe that there is a eternal fire, but it is Gods eternal fire, not a fire for eternal for ever tormented, but a gods eternal fire, that is unlike any other, and people will suffer it until they are all burnt up, and then they are no more,

I know this will not sit right with many , but we need to verify the root words in the right contexted of the scripture, and as Sodom and Gomorrah was fire and brime stone as a example to the coming judgement Sodom is not still burning , it is all ashes,

so can we be reading into the scriptures  something that is not ? I am open to get someone to oppse, it is okay for this is about God and his will,

God is a God of love and he wishes no one to perish, ? perish, done with , finish as in no more, alive, but have everlasting life,

God I believe the wicked die in fire and consumed, but it is not forever and ever ,it is until that person is completely consumed and is no more, perishes ,. and then there is ashes,

Gehenna for those that did not know , is a fire dump site , out side of Jerusalem and it keep going and many were killed there , and many did not fall in , the worm never died for the bodies,and completed its process of the dead, so ,

if I am wrong, please correct me , for I think ,we need to really examine , the words translated and the meanings given from the greek words to  English, thank you , and I am just seeking truth, to God be the glory.

and my name, is sinner saved, I am saved ,by the blood on the cross , by our lord and savior Jesus Christ, for anyone thinking I am here to corrupt or twist the truth, .

..let the truth be told,         thank you this is done all due respect to others,

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Okay brothers and sisters , let me ask this,  in the KJV bible, did the greek words, tartorus, hades ,and Gehenna, get translated as one word in the English, as Hell. then there would be different meanings to the scripture then just ,Hell or what people say is Hell,

for the American dictionary  defines it falsely from what we know it to be in the bible or Gods word, when hell ,it self, is in the grave ! ,I believe you do go to the grave, and you wait until you are called by the son of god for the rapture of the just ,or the unjust,

I also believe that there is a eternal fire, but it is Gods eternal fire, not a fire for eternal for ever tormented, but a gods eternal fire, that is unlike any other, and people will suffer it until they are all burnt up, and then they are no more,

I know this will not sit right with many , but we need to verify the root words in the right contexted of the scripture, and as Sodom and Gomorrah was fire and brime stone as a example to the coming judgement Sodom is not still burning , it is all ashes,

so can we be reading into the scriptures  something that is not ? I am open to get someone to oppse, it is okay for this is about God and his will,

God is a God of love and he wishes no one to perish, ? perish, done with , finish as in no more, alive, but have everlasting life,

God I believe the wicked die in fire and consumed, but it is not forever and ever ,it is until that person is completely consumed and is no more, perishes ,. and then there is ashes,

Gehenna for those that did not know , is a fire dump site , out side of Jerusalem and it keep going and many were killed there , and many did not fall in , the worm never died for the bodies,and completed its process of the dead, so ,

if I am wrong, please correct me , for I think ,we need to really examine , the words translated and the meanings given from the greek words to  English, thank you , and I am just seeking truth, to God be the glory.

and my name, is sinner saved, I am saved ,by the blood on the cross , by our lord and savior Jesus Christ, for anyone thinking I am here to corrupt or twist the truth, .

..let the truth be told,         thank you this is done all due respect to others,

I can only point you once again to these verses, SS.  Hell is real and it IS eternal.  If the Bible says that it is, in plain words, what can be your reasoning for not believing what is written?  From Bible.org, again...........

(1) Everyone will exist eternally either in heaven or hell (Daniel 12:2,3; Matthew 25:46; John 5:28; Revelation 20:14,15).

(2) Everyone has only one life in which to determine their destiny (Hebrews 9:27).

(3) Heaven or hell is determined by whether a person believes (puts their trust) in Christ alone to save them (John 3:16, 36, etc.).

Key Passages About Hell

(1) Hell was designed originally for Satan and his demons (Matthew 25:41; Revelation 20:10).

(2) Hell will also punish the sin of those who reject Christ (Matthew 13:41,50; Revelation 20:11-15; 21:8).

(3) Hell is conscious torment.

• Matthew 13:50 “furnace of fire…weeping and gnashing of teeth”
  • Mark 9:48 “where their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched”
  • Revelation 14:10 “he will be tormented with fire and brimstone”

(4) Hell is eternal and irreversible.

• Revelation 14:11 “the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever and they have no rest day and night”
  • Revelation 20:14 “This is the second death, the lake of fire”
  • Revelation 20:15 “If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire”

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

SINNERSAVED,

I really do appreciate the thought-provoking questions and commentary you have added to my understanding. I cannot say though, that I agree with you on several subsequent responses and / or teachings you have espoused ( after your ' questions ' ) were answered. If you are truly seeking answers, then why is there a pattern of you asking, then correcting / teaching ? I only ask because the process seems strange to me. 

If my faith and understanding of a particular topic differs from another, and I question that understanding then I ask for input. On the other hand, if I am certain of my understanding, then to ask for understanding only to then to discredit the responses would seem ( to me ) to be somewhat deceptive. Maybe it's just me, and if so I do not want to accuse you or anyone of deception but perhaps for slow folks ( like myself ) you could indicate that you honestly have no question as far as your understanding but are curious as to other's understanding and wish to share that understanding with those who have a different understanding.

Guest Thallasa

Sinnersaved, are you Jehovah's Witness? Because what you have been teaching in your threads, under the guise of "questions" is JW doctrines.

Exactly my thought as well: these questions aren't as innocent as they appear. Something's not quite ... right.

Yes, that is what it appears like to me, as well.

He focuses on the Sabbath day, and the dietary commandments and he is denying Hell.  He is not teaching annihilationism to me at all.  He is teaching that there is no hell.  That is the tripod of Jehovah's Witness teachings.

You may be correct.  From jw.org/beliefs............

1. Death. People who die pass out of existence. (Psalm 146:4; Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10) They do not suffer in a fiery hell of torment.

God will bring billions back from death by means of a resurrection. (Acts 24:15) However, those who refuse to learn God’s ways after being raised to life will be destroyed forever with no hope of a resurrection.—Revelation 20:14, 15.

Are you JW Morning?

Not trying to speak for MG, but I think she is Baptist.

Thanks shiloh.How am I to know? idunno.gif

Well l knew she is definitely not JW ,that is evident from M.G.s posts ,Bo Peep  

SINNERSAVED,

I really do appreciate the thought-provoking questions and commentary you have added to my understanding. I cannot say though, that I agree with you on several subsequent responses and / or teachings you have espoused ( after your ' questions ' ) were answered. If you are truly seeking answers, then why is there a pattern of you asking, then correcting / teaching ? I only ask because the process seems strange to me. 

If my faith and understanding of a particular topic differs from another, and I question that understanding then I ask for input. On the other hand, if I am certain of my understanding, then to ask for understanding only to then to discredit the responses would seem ( to me ) to be somewhat deceptive. Maybe it's just me, and if so I do not want to accuse you or anyone of deception but perhaps for slow folks ( like myself ) you could indicate that you honestly have no question as far as your understanding but are curious as to other's understanding and wish to share that understanding with those who have a different understanding.

Seeking Truth, is not a matter of just one or two personal ideas ,I see that some of the responses are generic, and has no follow through or thought that it could be different, I do not believe we all have come to the same conclusion,

we can all read and see what scripture says, but is the meaning ,behind it the correct one,  I see that many want to give a fast answer and case closed? this is not the correct way, nor is there enough  to satisfy the argument, for definitions of words have been changed, which , has totally new bearing on what everyone has been saying ?

so it is not deceptive, because I ask a question off of my first question, are we not here, to try to learn Gods ways ?

or are we so skilled in the bible that we already know it all? I think we cannot be closed minded to possible changes, that many will not want to see,

I am okay if I am wrong, but I cannot be told, that I am making a point that is already set , and there is no change, for that is not learning anything

I am not trying to change anything , but to see, that many will hold there ground, and not reason, to see if they may have been deceived, ? this could be possible, we want to be filled with wisdom ,and know Gods word , not as other tell us , but for what God himself is stating to us? thank you, this is not directed at any one, for God is love,

and I believe , after research, that God will not cook a person for ever , for this is not ,the same loving merciful God, that gave his son, for you and for me on the cross, for the ungodly  is sentence to the lake of fire, yes ,until they perish ,and to become ashes yes, but not forever, this is not what the scriptures is saying,

if this is so,? then Jesus paid it all on the cross, is not complete ?and the people continue to die forever and ever? this is not possible, Jesus said it is finished, and so it is finished, does the eternal forever really mean forever burning, with no end? but I will say this is my opinion , and my observation,  for I am sinner saved, by grace, of a loving God, and I am speaking as a child of God.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

It's Beastly

Who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?" Ecclesiastes 3:21 (New International Version)

Or Is It

and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it. Ecclesiastes 12:7 (New International Version)

~

where would you go if you were to die today, would you be with JESUS, in hell , in the grave, or heaven

many churches and pastors are saying when you die you go immediately to heaven, with the lord, but this I read is not biblical.

?

Beloved

Yes, we are fully confident, and we would rather be away from these earthly bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord. 2 Corinthians 5:8 (New Living Translation)

To Know Jesus

This is the will of Him who sent Me: that I should lose none of those He has given Me but should raise them up on the last day. John 6:39 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

Is To Know Jehovah

They will make war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will triumph over them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and He will be accompanied by His called and chosen and faithful ones." Revelation 17:14 (Berean Study Bible)

~

Dear One, May The LORD Jesus Show Himself To You

And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke. And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!”

Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a burning coal that he had taken with tongs from the altar. And he touched my mouth and said: “Behold, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away, and your sin atoned for.” Isaiah 6:4-7 (English Standard Version)

And Bless Your Heart

"Most certainly I tell you, he who hears my word, and believes him who sent me, has eternal life, and doesn't come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life. John 5:24 (World English Bible)

Beloved

Your words were found and I ate them, And Your words became for me a joy and the delight of my heart; For I have been called by Your name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16 (New American Standard Bible)

Amen

“See now that I myself am he! There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand. I lift my hand to heaven and solemnly swear: As surely as I live forever,

when I sharpen my flashing sword and my hand grasps it in judgment, I will take vengeance on my adversaries and repay those who hate me. I will make my arrows drunk with blood, while my sword devours flesh: the blood of the slain and the captives, the heads of the enemy leaders.”

Rejoice, you nations, with his people,for he will avenge the blood of his servants; he will take vengeance on his enemies and make atonement for his land and people. Deuteronomy 32:39-43

Love, Christian Joe