• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

1 hour ago, Bible_Gazer said:

well it must be somewhat like the mother, that it came from the mother church, could it be protestant ?

The mother church wanted all her children(daughters) to come back home to become one.

Isaiah 4:1
 And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.

So you think babylon is the catholic church.  Interesting.

• Group:  Royal Member

36 minutes ago, Spock said:

That article made a lot of sense when I read it about a year ago and explained how the 10 radical Islamic countries will "hate" Mecca (Saudi Arabia) and turn on it.  

In addition, have you ever wondered why all that oil (wine) happens to located under the Islamic nations land? Coincidence?  I don't think so.  The Beast = 10 Radical Islamic Nations who will have power for a short time.  The Harlot rides this beast, but shortly, the beast will finally have enough of the harlot and say bye bye. (I wonder if this causes the Bushes, Clintons, and Obamas to shed a tear!) 

Do not harm the oil or the wine... Interesting.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

The daughter of Babylon cannot be personified, but the son of lawlessness (a much more ambiguous term) can?  

Zion

The son of lawlessness (Son of Perdition) can be personified because it's one man. 

The Harlot sits on 7 kingdoms.  There have been more than 7 kingdoms since the beginning of time, but these 7 kingdoms play a major role in the lead up to the end time kingdom of which this Son of Perdition will spring out from.  When he comes, the 7th kingdom turns into the 8th.  The system of Babylon is the physical side, the way the world operates, how things are done, and not a fair system. It revolves around lust and greed for the material world, which Babylon provides.  The Son of Perdition is still of Babylon because he will use the material as a "lure" for the whole world when forced to make a choice.  To refuse him, we have to refuse the material, because they go together.  In other words, give up the comfort of having a home, and all the simple luxeries we take for granted, give up our cars, our jobs etc if we are to refuse being a part of his system.  It will be hard for many and a choice that has to be made

The actual Harlot stands for the spiritual side of Babylon.  If God is speaking to "the daughter of Babylon, then you have to look at the scripture to see who God is speaking to.  He is speaking of the spiritual side when he mentions "daughter" or "daughters".  The Harlot produces daughters to spread her false teachings, and the "daughter" starts a belief system.  The harlot has many daughters.  That's the way I see it anyway.

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

5 hours ago, Spock said:

There are some real issues with Mecca when compared to Babylon in Revelation 18. Babylon is a centre of commerce accessible by ships. Mecca is a religious centre located 45 miles east of the Red Sea.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

I would not bet my house on Babylon being reborn. It ain't happening.  But Mecca.....very very important "little town" that many people face five times a day.  Being close to the Red Sea seems good enough.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, *Zion* said:

So you think babylon is the catholic church.  Interesting.

This system is the eighth and is of the seven, the last of the seven was in the dark ages, so put the two together as being healed, then you have the answer.

Its still the iron kingdom that is not over yet. Dan. 2 and 4th beast Dan. 7

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

Zion

We can come up with all our different definitions of who and what Babylon is, but if we go to the scriptures, we see exactly what God is showing us.

Revelation 18:1   And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.

Revelation 18:2   And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

Revelation 18:3   For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

When Christ returns, is he just going to judge Mecca or Rome?

Revelation 18:4   And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Come out of Mecca or Rome? 

Babylon comes from the word Babel.  It means confusion.  God wants us to spiritually come out of her, the City of Confusion where there is no peace and no truth.  All the nations are drunk.  Christ is coming to judge "the world", not just Mecca or Rome.  It doesn't matter where we live, the "system of Babylon" will be no more ever again when Christ destroys her.  Christ will put a new system in place, The King of King and Lord of Lords will rule the earth with a totally new system, one we have never experienced before.  A fair system.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,135
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 11/27/2015, 1:07:23, Ezra said:

Here is what Rev 17 reveals:

THE GREAT WHORE REPRESENTS A CITY (ROME)

18  And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

This is the last sentence in Rev. 17, and tells us all we need to know.

"IS": present tense, John's time: Rome. It cannot and won't change into another city.

1 Peter 5:13 The [church that is] at Babylon, elected together with [you], saluteth you; and [so doth] Marcus my son.

Where was Peter when he wrote this? Rome.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

3 hours ago, WilliamL said:

This is the last sentence in Rev. 17, and tells us all we need to know.

"IS": present tense, John's time: Rome. It cannot and won't change into another city.

1 Peter 5:13 The [church that is] at Babylon, elected together with [you], saluteth you; and [so doth] Marcus my son.

Where was Peter when he wrote this? Rome.

That's why this is about ancient Rome.

8 hours ago, Sister said:

Zion

We can come up with all our different definitions of who and what Babylon is, but if we go to the scriptures, we see exactly what God is showing us.

Revelation 18:1   And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.

Revelation 18:2   And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

Revelation 18:3   For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

When Christ returns, is he just going to judge Mecca or Rome?

Revelation 18:4   And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Come out of Mecca or Rome? 

Babylon comes from the word Babel.  It means confusion.  God wants us to spiritually come out of her, the City of Confusion where there is no peace and no truth.  All the nations are drunk.  Christ is coming to judge "the world", not just Mecca or Rome.  It doesn't matter where we live, the "system of Babylon" will be no more ever again when Christ destroys her.  Christ will put a new system in place, The King of King and Lord of Lords will rule the earth with a totally new system, one we have never experienced before.  A fair system.

I am not asking who God is going to judge, I agree that He will judge the whole earth.  I was just interested in who people think the daughter of Babylon is.  I would have trouble thinking she is all the world, because then why would all the nations go after her?  Is she following herself?  A single person or city or country would make more sense to me.  But that's just me.