IGNORED

NOT EVERY ONE THAT SAYS LORD ,LORD, WILL ENTER IN ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

FOR THE LORD HIMSELF, stated that not every one that says lord ,lord will enter in, for he will say go away I never knew  you, you workers of wickedness,

Jesus is talking to so called believers for they are saying they did this , and did that ,for Him in his name, and so you can see that even people in there ,

minds will think they are right with God ,and then, to find out God has rejected them, this is very interesting, that until that time they were convinced , or were they ? was it taking advantage of the gospel for gain in money and power, or could it have been luke warm Christians, with there lips and not doers of the word ?

it is also displayed, inline with the parable of the ten virgins, five wise and five foolish, the foolish with out enough oil in the lamps ,unable to go in

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

3 hours ago, SINNERSAVED said:

FOR THE LORD HIMSELF, stated that not every one that says lord ,lord will enter in, for he will say go away I never knew  you, you workers of wickedness,

Jesus is talking to so called believers for they are saying they did this , and did that ,for Him in his name, and so you can see that even people in there ,

minds will think they are right with God ,and then, to find out God has rejected them, this is very interesting, that until that time they were convinced , or were they ? was it taking advantage of the gospel for gain in money and power, or could it have been luke warm Christians, with there lips and not doers of the word ?

it is also displayed, inline with the parable of the ten virgins, five wise and five foolish, the foolish with out enough oil in the lamps ,unable to go in

I think the message here is that many do good works and prophesy (or pretend to) in Jesus' name but the bottom line is they haven't accepted Him as the Messiah or the Lord of their lives.  They are the classic CINOS, Christians in name only.  You see them on t.v. blathering on and asking for money every five minutes and swearing the only way to get God's blessings is to send them money so the 'portals of Heaven' will open up and shower you with more than you can handle.  Oh, and there is always a time limit on doing that. And, no, they will not make it into the Kingdom for they don't know Him and He doesn't know them.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Well said.

There is something to be said about the need to believe in the genuine Jesus:

Matthew 7:21–23 (AV)

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

2 Corinthians 11:3–4 (AV)

3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

But I agree with Morning Glory that this is more about not actually being a believer but are either self deceived or deceiving others.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

The key to understanding Matthew 7 is in Jesus' reaponse to them.  "I never knew you".  Find out what it means to Him that He never knew you and you will know who those that the passage refers too.  However those whom Jesus has not known will also interpret this passage believing that they know Him but do not.

1 hour ago, gdemoss said:

The key to understanding Matthew 7 is in Jesus' reaponse to them.  "I never knew you".  Find out what it means to Him that He never knew you and you will know who those that the passage refers too.  However those whom Jesus has not known will also interpret this passage believing that they know Him but do not.

So true. For example, many in America not so long ago, believed they were Christians for simply having been born here. I like what Walter Martin would say about this... "Being born in American does not make you a Christian anymore than being born in a garage makes you a car."

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  76
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Gdemoss well said, its more about the relationship the Christian has (or lack thereof). He wants a personal relationship with each of us. 

Honestly, this scripture gives me the heebeegeebees bc it challenges ME to exam my relationship with the Lord. Periodically i think about am I truly putting God first and loving Him with all my heart mind soul and strength, or am I doing my routine, cheking of my prayer list, going through the motions. Am i really allowing Holy Spirit to take every part of me and conform it to Jesus. But MOST of all have I really Gotten TO KNOW Him better this week. What did I leanr new about Him this week. He is looking for a deep love relationship us more than anything. Thats my my boo for you.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

3 hours ago, JaiDW said:

Gdemoss well said, its more about the relationship the Christian has (or lack thereof). He wants a personal relationship with each of us. 

Honestly, this scripture gives me the heebeegeebees bc it challenges ME to exam my relationship with the Lord. Periodically i think about am I truly putting God first and loving Him with all my heart mind soul and strength, or am I doing my routine, cheking of my prayer list, going through the motions. Am i really allowing Holy Spirit to take every part of me and conform it to Jesus. But MOST of all have I really Gotten TO KNOW Him better this week. What did I leanr new about Him this week. He is looking for a deep love relationship us more than anything. Thats my my boo for you.

that is a awesome comment you made, JAiDW, 

and I see that it has touched your heart, and so has mine, to think, I do not want, to go through rituals and religious  stuff, and worldly common, everyday following the motions, doing things everyone else thinks is the right thing, but what I know to be right , with me and God, on that personal level ,

and knowing I need to instill what ,I believe, and why I believe into Jesus, to place my faith and energy in Him ,but to really dig deep, and to know God really loves us, and we should really love Him, I believe if we are reading our bibles , and meditating on scripture , and continue to talk with Jesus, then we will be comforted to know  that He knows our hearts , and our motives,

and if your heart ,mind and soul  is clear ,and focused on Him, the holy sprit will shine through and touch  you ,and everyone around you, and you will be reflecting the goodness and compassion towards others  ,as He has done to you , and then by the faith you hold, onto the loving God always, in our mind, then we are able to produce those fruits of the spirit, that shows your true self ,in the evil world , not trying to fake your way , but to be obedient to the calling, of our lord,

so we don't hear go away, I never knew you ,     but to hear the words, COME IN ,GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT, ENTER IN,,,,,,,,,,,,,FOR YOU HAVE BEEN A DOER OF THE WORD, AND NOT JUST A HEARER ,YOU HAVE DENIED YOURSELF AND FOLLOWED ME, COME IN AND I WILL GIVE OU REST FOR YOUR SOUL......  amen..

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 4 December, 2015 5:34:26 AM, gdemoss said:

The key statment is, not I never new you, but I know you who you are, you are mine and I know that you do good works in my name, and I know that you are also workers of iniquity.

He said that I don't, identified my self with your works of iniquity, because there is not iniquity in me.

You are not a good exable of me, and you profess or make people believed that you are a perfect exable to follow, and in their eyes you may very well be. 

But you can not fool me, I know your iniquity, it is hidden from people but is not hidden from me.

And now you have come to me seeking your reward, and this is your reward, that even thought you deserved a reward for the good things that you have done, and I have promish to give rewards for those good deeds. But because of your iniquity, I cancel your reward you will go away from me without the reward of your good acts, because you have practice iniquity and not iniquity can be found in me.

The lesson Jesus want's to convey to us is to do the good works without iniquity, that's how he want us to be, so our good works can survived the fire of his judgement, and we can stand before him with our good works without any fear.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

12 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

The key statment is, not I never new you, but I know you who you are, you are mine and I know that you do good works in my name, and I know that you are also workers of iniquity.

He said that I don't, identified my self with your works of iniquity, because there is not iniquity in me.

You are not a good exable of me, and you profess or make people believed that you are a perfect exable to follow, and in their eyes you may very well be. 

But you can not fool me, I know your iniquity, it is hidden from people but is not hidden from me.

And now you have come to me seeking your reward, and this is your reward, that even thought you deserved a reward for the good things that you have done, and I have promish to give rewards for those good deeds. But because of your iniquity, I cancel your reward you will go away from me without the reward of your good acts, because you have practice iniquity and not iniquity can be found in me.

The lesson Jesus want's to convey to us is to do the good works without iniquity, that's how he want us to be, so our good works can survived the fire of his judgement, and we can stand before him with our good works without any fear.

Could He have meant to convey more than a single meaning ?