Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

I am a Christian and I believe strongly in gun ownership.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  334
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

in our issue on controversial topics we address gun ownership by believers.  keep in mind that Peter's owning of a weapon did not overturn thou shalt not kill.

Guest shiloh357
40 minutes ago, archaeologist55 said:

in our issue on controversial topics we address gun ownership by believers.  keep in mind that Peter's owning of a weapon did not overturn thou shalt not kill.

Actually the commandment was against murder, not killing.

Guest shiloh357
4 hours ago, SINNERSAVED said:

what if the law bans firearms, or the authorities come to your house and say they want your guns, will you give them up, ?

if the authorities came through the neighborhoods and took away or demanded you give up your weapons, then what ?

They won't.  The gov't is doing to this issue what they are doing with the healthcare issue and other stuff they want to do.  They are using the media to shape public opinion among the younger generation.   It's a lot less messy.  In a generation or two, the gov't will have a nation of naïve, ignorant simpletons after the older generations, that knew what freedom looked like, have died off.   They can't fool us older folks.  But they have far more power over the minds of the up and coming generations than we do.  Social media has been one key to distract and brainwash the younger generation.  

Have you ever noticed that entertainment today is very juvenile?  They make shows and movies that are meant to appeal to the younger crowds, these days.  The younger generation is more connected and yet at the same completely out of touch with what is happening to this country.  I like and use Facebook, but Facebook was originally marketed to and designed around young people.  And to some degree it still is. 

Obama and Co.  would not have gotten way with so much scandal 30 years ago.  Social media has kept people out of the loop where our government and its activities are concerned.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  334
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Actually the commandment was against murder, not killing.

I know what the command says and how it is referred but I prefer the word 'kill' as we are not given license to kill anyone. There are other passages of scripture which speak on this issue and I would advice you all do a study on shedding man's blood before using your weapons to end someone's life.

Do unto others... is a great passage to temper one's use of weapons in defense of their property.

Guest shiloh357
7 minutes ago, archaeologist55 said:

I know what the command says and how it is referred but I prefer the word 'kill' as we are not given license to kill anyone. There are other passages of scripture which speak on this issue and I would advice you all do a study on shedding man's blood before using your weapons to end someone's life.

Do unto others... is a great passage to temper one's use of weapons in defense of their property.

There is nothing in the Bible that prohibits us from taking human life in self-defense.  If you say otherwise, you're wrong.    This is not a "do unto others" kind of issue.  If someone comes on to my property with the intent to do harm, he will get a face full of lead.

There is nothing in the Bible that prohibits that.   You can believe what you want, but I reject your sloppy approach to Scripture.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  2

24 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

There is nothing in the Bible that prohibits us from taking human life in self-defense.  If you say otherwise, you're wrong.    This is not a "do unto others" kind of issue.  If someone comes on to my property with the intent to do harm, he will get a face full of lead.

There is nothing in the Bible that prohibits that.   You can believe what you want, but I reject your sloppy approach to Scripture.

I thought you and Archy were best buddies? Like peas in a pod

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,222
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, archaeologist55 said:

that commandment we were under does not say that you shall not kill......   says you shall not murder...    and there is a huge difference.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,711
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

3 hours ago, archaeologist55 said:

It matters not what word you "prefer" but what scripture actually says. The word actually means murder. If you take it as kill then God is a liar because He ordered the Israelites to war, to kill, and even left provisions in the law on when it is OK to kill. If you add in your own "definition" of thou shalt not kill then you have an obvious contradiction in scripture. This is why we need to accept scripture for what it actually says and not what we want it to. There is a difference between "kill" and "murder" and that is intent. The word used in the OT is murder, and the scripture supercedes your opinion of what the word should mean.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  14

2 hours ago, the_patriot2015 said:

It matters not what word you "prefer" but what scripture actually says. The word actually means murder. If you take it as kill then God is a liar because He ordered the Israelites to war, to kill, and even left provisions in the law on when it is OK to kill. If you add in your own "definition" of thou shalt not kill then you have an obvious contradiction in scripture. This is why we need to accept scripture for what it actually says and not what we want it to. There is a difference between "kill" and "murder" and that is intent. The word used in the OT is murder, and the scripture supercedes your opinion of what the word should mean.

I am just asking,? but where does the scripture of ,live by the sword ,die by the sword, come in, ?

is not our Word of God the true sword, and that we are not to repay violence for violence,

to protect your family ,yes that is a given, but to the extent of what ,and how much violence, ?

if they came the police or military to your home and said give us the weapons or you will be taken to incarceration ?

are you going to fight the authorities with violence to make a point, or go willingly as believer under the authority of God and be  a sacrifice for him?

when that day comes when you have to receive a mark or be put to death , ,do you think you will be able to still fight against this

God s plan allows the overcoming of saints ? this is facts of biblical truths.

did the believers in the days of Rome fight and kill the romans  and the soldiers, or be lead to be killed, ? our actions will show really if we are living for our selves , or for God?  is this not a valid question, ?

to save your life you loose it, and to give your life you save it ?