IGNORED

I believe I heard God speaking to me......

MorningGlory

Guest Thallasa
On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 11:41 PM, Joline said:

I have had what I would call a very clear intrusive thought. Not really a voice, but a thought. Both times this happened I was fully awake and thinking intently on something. I was actually taking a theology course, and sitting around the table with other members of the class when this happened to me. As I say intrusive I mean it was something that I was surprised by. 

The first time this happened I immediately thought, that can't be God. He would not tell me that. But at the same time I knew it could not have come from my own mind because I was so shocked, I knew I would not have thought like that. Sure enough a few days later sitting in church, I knew from the sermon what it was about. One scripture verse was loud and clear for an answer, to what God meant.

The second time was during my class. Again it was a clear intrusive thought. Definately something I was surprised by. By the time I was driving home I understood the answer to.

Both times they were thoughts of correcting me on certain things. Hence the surprise.

The first time this verse was the answer. Be quick to hear, slow to speak. LOL, I was running at the mouth.

The second time , The thought: do not call unclean that which I have made clean. I was very ANTI-CATHOLIC.

Could you explain more what you mean by that last statement ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

The technology has been out some time, which allows a voice or sounds to be projected onto an individual as if they have heard the sound near them or even in their head. Not sure exactly how it works, but I suppose it is similar to the new speaker systems which can produce, stereo, quadraphonic/surround sound from only one speaker.

A devout or a programmed person can be targeted in a shopping mall and told by the voice to do whatever.

There's no doubt that fallen angels are eager to use their powers to deceive, but God overrules both angels and corrupt men for the sake of the Gospel to all.

I don't doubt that God speaks audibly and in other various ways to people on occasions, even though I have not been personally aware of it.

But as some have said, the scriptures are a good guide line for anything both seen and unseen, as used by Christ when faced with temptation.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

On December 25, 2015 at 10:44 PM, thereselittleflower said:

If Paul had accepted her testimony, he would have been endorsing the words of the demon which would have strengthened the demon's power over people, which would have been evil.

One does not do evil that good may come of it.

Ok, but by that logic then, Paul accepted "her testimony" for many days.  If your point was correct wouldn't Paul have commanded the demon out the very first day?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

On 12/24/2015 at 1:09 AM, thereselittleflower said:

It's hard to know  -  pray for understanding - fast even.

I have, prayed that is.  I'm still waiting. 

On 12/24/2015 at 8:43 AM, traveller said:

Yes, twice I have experienced this. Once, I was awake and getting out of my car and totally not thinking of anything,. I heard in my mind audibly, so that I turned to see who had spoken, I am alive. I was staggered, had to lean against my car. I almost fell. I kept looking around to see where He was. It shook me to my core. I wondered if everyone in the world heard it. I have since learned that someone else here on this board heard this exact thing at some point in his life.  This strengthened me through some future trials.

I heard a softer, quieter voice another time. The night my son died. I'll not reveal the details except to say that that one event has given me an assurance all these years, that I will see my son again and that all is well in the universe. It was a comfort beyond understanding.

There are many things we don't understand.

Amen, Trav!

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

Just now, MorningGlory said:

I have, prayed that is.  I'm still waiting. 

Daniel received  vision which he fasted for 21 days to understand.

• Dan 10:
  •  2In those days, I, Daniel, had been mourning for three entire weeks. 3I did not eat any tasty food, nor did meat or wine enter my mouth, nor did I use any ointment at all until the entire three weeks were completed. 4On the twenty-fourth day of the first month, while I was by the bank of the great river, that is, the Tigris, 5I lifted my eyes and looked, and behold, there was a certain man dressed in linen, whose waist was girded with a belt of pure gold of Uphaz. 6His body also was like beryl, his face had the appearance of lightning, his eyes were like flaming torches, his arms and feet like the gleam of polished bronze, and the sound of his words like the sound of a tumult. 7Now I, Daniel, alone saw the vision, while the men who were with me did not see the vision; nevertheless, a great dread fell on them, and they ran away to hide themselves. 8So I was left alone and saw this great vision; yet no strength was left in me, for my natural color turned to a deathly pallor, and I retained no strength. 9But I heard the sound of his words; and as soon as I heard the sound of his words, I fell into a deep sleep on my face, with my face to the ground.

Daniel Comforted

10Then behold, a hand touched me and set me trembling on my hands and knees. 11He said to me, “O Daniel, man of high esteem, understand the words that I am about to tell you and stand upright, for I have now been sent to you.” And when he had spoken this word to me, I stood up trembling. 12Then he said to me, “Do not be afraid, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart on understanding thisand on humbling yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to your words. 13“But the prince of the kingdom of Persia was withstanding me for twenty-one days; then behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I had been left there with the kings of Persia. 14“Now I have come to give you an understanding of what will happen to your people in the latter days, for the vision pertains to the days yet future.

1 minute ago, thereselittleflower said:

Daniel received  vision which he fasted for 21 days to understand.

• Dan 10:
  •  2In those days, I, Daniel, had been mourning for three entire weeks. 3I did not eat any tasty food, nor did meat or wine enter my mouth, nor did I use any ointment at all until the entire three weeks were completed. 4On the twenty-fourth day of the first month, while I was by the bank of the great river, that is, the Tigris, 5I lifted my eyes and looked, and behold, there was a certain man dressed in linen, whose waist was girded with a belt of pure gold of Uphaz. 6His body also was like beryl, his face had the appearance of lightning, his eyes were like flaming torches, his arms and feet like the gleam of polished bronze, and the sound of his words like the sound of a tumult. 7Now I, Daniel, alone saw the vision, while the men who were with me did not see the vision; nevertheless, a great dread fell on them, and they ran away to hide themselves. 8So I was left alone and saw this great vision; yet no strength was left in me, for my natural color turned to a deathly pallor, and I retained no strength. 9But I heard the sound of his words; and as soon as I heard the sound of his words, I fell into a deep sleep on my face, with my face to the ground.

Daniel Comforted

10Then behold, a hand touched me and set me trembling on my hands and knees. 11He said to me, “O Daniel, man of high esteem, understand the words that I am about to tell you and stand upright, for I have now been sent to you.” And when he had spoken this word to me, I stood up trembling. 12Then he said to me, “Do not be afraid, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart on understanding thisand on humbling yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to your words. 13“But the prince of the kingdom of Persia was withstanding me for twenty-one days; then behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I had been left there with the kings of Persia. 14“Now I have come to give you an understanding of what will happen to your people in the latter days, for the vision pertains to the days yet future.

:)

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

:)