IGNORED

What is the "Gospel" of Yashua, (Jesus)?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  181
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/15/1975

19 minutes ago, JohnD said:

If God was that meticulous and wanted a specifically literal name used, why did he wait until the New Testament time to make such a requirement? I mean why not:

Isaiah 9:6 (suppositional example)

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Yahshua and nothing but...

???

FYI here's the actual verse:

Isaiah 9:6 (AV)

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

He didnt wait until the NT to give him a name.  

The entire OT book of Joshua/Yashua was devoted to who he would be, and what he would do.

That is why after Moses there would be a prophet like him, and the people were to listen to him.  

We read that the people listened to everything "Joshua" told them.

We need to remember the story of Paul when he was accused of being the Egyptian who had 4000 men.

And later in history when before Titus came, some men "crossed over Jordan" with swords, because he along with many others, thought he was the messiah, and many followed him.  

Why they crossed over Jordan had many history buffs scratching their heads.  But the reason is because the Jewish men understood the correlation between Joshua, and the Messiah.

Lets look back at the time when Yashua rode in on a donkey into Jerusalem.  What did the pharisees say?  "Teacher rebuke your disciples!"   Why?  Because they knew what the act meant.  The one riding on a donkey into Jerusalem would be none other than the Messiah.  But the pharisees didnt want him.

Here is another awesome help...

Before he was Joshua, his name was Hosea.  This name also means "help".  

Joshua the son of Nun =  (YAH saves) the son of he who lasts forever.  

(The self existing ever eternal one =  YAHVAH)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, completedbeliever1 said:

I am not in the KJV only camp, or You gotta call him this or that to enter heaven.  

I understand where people could see it as legalism.  

There is a reason I use the Star of David as my picture...

What is not seen, very well, is the cross on the left, and the fish on the right.  

This symbolizes the relationship between the Hebrew people, (12 tribes) the cross, and the believers, (Hebrew/Gentile).  

That is just my symbol to show respect to those who came before me.  I would never expect anyone to "adopt" it to make me happy, or to prove they are believers.  

I am not like that, and I hope that my ministry does not reflect that.

The only requirement is to accept we are sinners, then come to repent, be baptized in the name of salvation, and be clean.  

Thank you for clearing this up for me.

2 hours ago, completedbeliever1 said:

He didnt wait until the NT to give him a name.  

The entire OT book of Joshua/Yashua was devoted to who he would be, and what he would do.

That is why after Moses there would be a prophet like him, and the people were to listen to him.  

We read that the people listened to everything "Joshua" told them.

We need to remember the story of Paul when he was accused of being the Egyptian who had 4000 men.

And later in history when before Titus came, some men "crossed over Jordan" with swords, because he along with many others, thought he was the messiah, and many followed him.  

Why they crossed over Jordan had many history buffs scratching their heads.  But the reason is because the Jewish men understood the correlation between Joshua, and the Messiah.

Lets look back at the time when Yashua rode in on a donkey into Jerusalem.  What did the pharisees say?  "Teacher rebuke your disciples!"   Why?  Because they knew what the act meant.  The one riding on a donkey into Jerusalem would be none other than the Messiah.  But the pharisees didnt want him.

Here is another awesome help...

Before he was Joshua, his name was Hosea.  This name also means "help".  

Joshua the son of Nun =  (YAH saves) the son of he who lasts forever.  

(The self existing ever eternal one =  YAHVAH)

Point being he had several names. If you are equidistant lettering there are many times "Yshua Shmi" appears in the texts in the Old Testament. and you already answered this with "I am not in the KJV only camp, or You gotta call him this or that to enter heaven. "

Be well. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

4 hours ago, JohnD said:

The use of YAHshua is a bit of a red flag for me. For there is a cult that goes around emphasizing this as the only correct way to say Jesus' name.

Yahshua should not be a red flag. YAH = GOD and SHUA = SALVATION, therefore Jesus is our salvation. The Gospel is indeed the death, burial and resurrection of Christ, but the important things to note are both (a) the Person of Christ and (b) the finished work of Christ.

1. Christ is the only one who observed the Law perfectly in His life.

2. Christ is the only one who took the sin of the world upon Himself.

3. Christ is the only one who paid the sin debt in full for every man.

4. Christ is the only who rose again triumphantly, thus destroying the power of sin, death, Hades, Hell, and Satan.

5. Christ is the only one who is Life, Light, and Love, therefore the Way, the Truth, and the Life. This is the meaning of Yahshua or Jesus (both are equally valid).

36 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Point being he had several names. If you are equidistant lettering there are many times "Yshua Shmi" appears in the texts in the Old Testament. and you already answered this with "I am not in the KJV only camp, or You gotta call him this or that to enter heaven. "

Be well. 

Thank you.

I do not put much stock in the equidistant lettering phenomenon.  Although it is interesting to say the least.

What I did say is that because of these things we know, it is out of respect that I use these terms.  Yashua IS salvation.  Whereas Jesus is just a name without meaning.

It is true that to enter heaven, we must be saved.  And how are we saved?  By calling on him who saves.  Who is he?  YAHshua.  Yah is salvation.  If we are baptized in his name, and receive him into our hearts, (the gift of the spirit) we are saved.  

We have a treasure in heaven.  It will never be taken away.  

It reminds me of the "schoolmaster".  That is what the name is.  But now that we have power from on high, we are done with the schoolmaster, and live IN Yashua.  He has covered us.

Matthew 28:19 (AV)

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

What is that name?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

11 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

the answer all through Scripture shows that it is not " 'that' name "  as the seven sons of sceva tried to use,  and similar as simon the bad guy tried to buy.

the Creator is not tied up, boxed, wrapped with a ribbon, ready to be 'used' by anyone.

that's like trying to take a toy badge out on the highway , stop motorists, and write tickets.

that's a funny one , lol.....:D

13 hours ago, JohnD said:

Matthew 28:19 (AV)

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

What is that name?

That portion of scripture was added later to bring in trinitarian thinking.  

The baptismal formula is found in the book of Acts, and that is the correct way to baptise.  In the NAME of Yashua.  

There is overwhelming evidence that it didnt exist until long after the apostles had died.

18 hours ago, simplejeff said:

.......   Who does this ?   Who even seeks HIM ?  Who lives in union** with the Messiah ? ((now, today )) instead of living carnally, sinning willfully, in the flesh daily, following men instead of Yahweh, loving darkness instead of the LIGHT ?

** in union with the Messiah.  ((now, today))  according to Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, Ephesians, Philippians, 1 Peter and 1 John et al Scripture, and all Scripture.

There are many, I am convinced, who live IN Yashua.  Today, now.  The proof is Elijah.  He said that he alone was left to do the right, but YAH told him that he had several thousand men who never knelt to an idol.

Walking with YAH is a very easy thing to do.  Noah did it, and several others after him.  We have an example...Yashua, Paul, and the other apostles.

We just have to put our mind to the heavenly, and we will be walking in the spirit.  

13 hours ago, simplejeff said:

the answer all through Scripture shows that it is not " 'that' name "  as the seven sons of sceva tried to use,  and similar as simon the bad guy tried to buy.

the Creator is not tied up, boxed, wrapped with a ribbon, ready to be 'used' by anyone.

that's like trying to take a toy badge out on the highway , stop motorists, and write tickets.

There is "use for spiritual reasons" and there is "use without knowledge".  

I am able to "invoke" the name of Yashua in prayer, and ask for forgiveness in his name, and ask in his name to bless others, and lands, and such and so forth.  

But how am I able to do this?  I am able to because I understand what his name means.  And using the salvation name is for spiritual matters.

People do not understand the power of prayer, and the power of the name. 

I just reread what I wrote the other day, and I said that the name is like a schoolmaster.  I mistyped, (please forgive me) and should have said that the "Joshua" of the OT was a schoolmaster to the Yashua in the NT.  

OT (Law) (Old covenant) (Death) (Moses) (Elijah) (John the Immerser) = schoolmaster.  NT (Testimony) (New covenant) (Life) (Joshua) (Elisha) (Yashua) = Salvation.