IGNORED

Is the doctrine of the Trinity biblical?

JohnD

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 1/19/2016 at 10:51 PM, JohnD said:

A I recall this topic can get rather heated.

2 Corinthians 11:3–4 (NASB95)

3 But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ.

4 For if one comes and preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted, you bear this beautifully.†

Paul's rabbinic sarcasm

Galatians 1:8–9 (NASB95)

8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!

9 As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!

Apparently it behooves us to get the right Jesus or we are forever lost. One way to authenticate which Jesus we believe in is to dive into what the Bible says about God. Is God a singular person (or: individual, for those who quibble over the word "person")? Is God modalistic, morphing from Father to Son to Holy Spirit? Is God just the Father and the Son, the Holy Spirit being a lifeless force conjured up by both Father and Son? Or is the one God triune, three individuals who are the one God?

It matters not what this so-called expert says, or what commentary that theologian wrote, or what this or that denomination or non-denomination holds to traditionally. What matters is what the Bible says. Acts 17:11.

I do believe diving into scripture is a way to affirm the truth just as the bereans did. However I do not believe the gospel truth is reserved for the intellectually advanced alone. Paul's fear was that their "minds" would lead them away from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ. I also am aware that many false teachers started multiplying way back then. In 2 thess 2 The final generation does not love the truth so God gives them over to deception. So obviously If a time comes that God gives men over to deception then until that time God must of been keeping men in the truth.

With that said, I see Christianity has been so woven into paganism it is impossible to know the truth without seeking the truth (Jesus being the truth). The Lord patiently walked beside the disciples 3 1/2 years who did not know Him. He showed them who He is. When Peter finally saw the truth Jesus informed Him flesh and blood did not reveal the truth our Father in heaven revealed the truth to Peter. 

Jesus prayed that He would be "in" all that believe the message  of the disciples. He said No One (not even His disciples) knows God. He prayed he would be in the disciples and the people that believe their message. So to me the gospel is the testimony of the risen Messiah the disciples gave, the Lord will lead each one of us that are devoted to Him (No promises for those devoted to study). I believe people can seek the Lord while he is still able to be found. They can read a single testimony of one of the disciples or hear a message of Jesus from a believer and in believing in Messiah and calling on Him, devote themselves to Jesus and be saved. The can even call on Yeshua, Yahshua, Yah Shu, The risen Lord, The Christ, The Son of God, The Word of Life, The eternal King, The Lamb of God, any and all of that they know Him to be from a message of a disciple even if they never have scripture in front of them again the Lord can keep them in truth. I believe the Lord will faithfully guide and keep in the truth anyone that believes on Him. Obviously we renew our minds in the word, we study to show ourselves approved, we labor in the harvest, but truth is not subjective to the mind. The Lord is the way, the truth and the life. As far as the trinity doctrine. Paganism has hi-jacked christianity and made a religion serving the pagan deity's. They have led men to the celebrations of their gods that are not Gods and have woven themselves in to christianity so tightly we need Jesus to reveal the truth. The deceivers shout to us from every corner come in to the house we built on our knowledge, traditions, rules and sand. All I can say to that is " wise men build  houses on Messiah,The Rock and all true wisdom comes from God."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, Reinitin said:

Paganism has hi-jacked christianity and made a religion serving the pagan deity's. 

So essentially you are denying that the doctrine of the triune Godhead is a true Bible doctrine?  Is that correct?  If not, kindly affirm that the one true and living God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  14

14 minutes ago, Ezra said:

So essentially you are denying that the doctrine of the triune Godhead is a true Bible doctrine?  Is that correct?  If not, kindly affirm that the one true and living God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

EZRA,  you are stuck on a system, that is not what Jesus came to preach, as far as the Pharisees , they were to teach the torah to the people but they were teaching man made religious ideologies , they were removed from the truth , so Jesus tells the people listen to the law, but don't do as they do , for they are puffed up in them selves and aquire to be the center of attention, to be served insteat of serving, and this is why they had our Lord murdered, for they were comfortable and living high on there religious horses and no one could be found to be of importants but them , so Jesus talks to the people follow God in your heart souls and mind,  .seek Him and all will come into play, Jesus helped to open the eyes to the unseen , not what was seen, for man wants to justify Himself, and not listen to what the spirit is saying?

my brother you are trying to push what is not biblical  we all know that there is a god the son and the spirit that is to guide, but to bring it up and make it a ritual which is not biblical, for a fact . to prove my point , is the word trinity written anywhere in the bible ?

is the word rapture anywhere in the bible, no it is not, am I now teaching false doctrine for proving a fact that is correct, ? it is in rememberance, not teaching the trinity, for it is the essences of what we already know, by the baptism to baptize in the three, but that is all, not to make a doctrine out of what is not there, it is about salvation, we are to be teaching of he cross, and the forgiveness of SINS,

the grace the Gift of God, these are what we are to bring to people, do not follow religious ways, man made ideas and thinking, for this is what Jesus hated , in fact there is a word for this, and it called..  NICOLAITANISM,       this is scriptural and truth ,you can find it in the bible

but you make it a must to know , and that is not what we are about, we are to love one another and love God, let the spirit dwell richly with in you, and not go after someone for thinking differently, for there is a method and a way of love that we convey and tell others of God, and if they refuse, it is over, we don't criticise or accuse or badger them , we don't force the kingdom, we tell them they are loved , by free will and choice  thank you blessings I hope you get this

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

1 hour ago, SINNERSAVED said:

EZRA,  you are stuck on a system, that is not what Jesus came to preach, as far as the Pharisees , they were to teach the torah to the people but they were teaching man made religious ideologies , they were removed from the truth , so Jesus tells the people listen to the law, but don't do as they do , for they are puffed up in them selves and aquire to be the center of attention, to be served insteat of serving, and this is why they had our Lord murdered, for they were comfortable and living high on there religious horses and no one could be found to be of importants but them , so Jesus talks to the people follow God in your heart souls and mind,  .seek Him and all will come into play, Jesus helped to open the eyes to the unseen , not what was seen, for man wants to justify Himself, and not listen to what the spirit is saying?

my brother you are trying to push what is not biblical  we all know that there is a god the son and the spirit that is to guide, but to bring it up and make it a ritual which is not biblical, for a fact . to prove my point , is the word trinity written anywhere in the bible ?

is the word rapture anywhere in the bible, no it is not, am I now teaching false doctrine for proving a fact that is correct, ? it is in rememberance, not teaching the trinity, for it is the essences of what we already know, by the baptism to baptize in the three, but that is all, not to make a doctrine out of what is not there, it is about salvation, we are to be teaching of he cross, and the forgiveness of SINS,

the grace the Gift of God, these are what we are to bring to people, do not follow religious ways, man made ideas and thinking, for this is what Jesus hated , in fact there is a word for this, and it called..  NICOLAITANISM,       this is scriptural and truth ,you can find it in the bible

but you make it a must to know , and that is not what we are about, we are to love one another and love God, let the spirit dwell richly with in you, and not go after someone for thinking differently, for there is a method and a way of love that we convey and tell others of God, and if they refuse, it is over, we don't criticise or accuse or badger them , we don't force the kingdom, we tell them they are loved , by free will and choice  thank you blessings I hope you get this

Ezra is stuck on the truth, and that is what Jesus came to preach   TRUTH.   Ezra is standing by the Trinity doctrine.

You have taken him to task for doing so.

Only one who does not believe in the Trinity would do so.

So are you claiming the Trinity is a false doctrine?

You have consistently played down the importance of the Trinity doctrine in your posts here at Worthy.   And here you accuse Ezra of pushing what is not biblical in regards to the Trinity.

You said  

• "the trinity of the three in one is not important I believe"

Truth is ALWAYS important sinnersaved.

And now here you accuse Ezra, who asked someone to affirm if they believe in the Trinity,  of pushing what is not biblical?

Logically, that can only mean you do not believe the Trinity doctrine is biblical.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

As I posted elsewhere

Around the same time in the first century when Matthew was written and the injunction to baptize in Matthew 28:19, which Eusubius quoted as "in my name" rather than the Trinitarian formula "in the Name of the Father and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit," the Didache was written also in the 1st century.

In the Didache, which was held almost at the level of scripture by the early christians, it says:

• Chapter 7. Concerning Baptism. And concerning baptism, baptize this way: Having first said all these things, baptize into the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, in living water. But if you have no living water, baptize into other water; and if you cannot do so in cold water, do so in warm. But if you have neither, pour out water three times upon the head into the name of Father and Son and Holy Spirit. But before the baptism let the baptizer fast, and the baptized, and whoever else can; but you shall order the baptized to fast one or two days before.
  • http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/didache-roberts.html

Notice, there's the Trinity again - and the Trinitarian formula for bpatism -   1st century - baptize in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.   This predates Eusebius by 3 centuries and is contemporary with the writing of scripture.    So the earliest christian writing we have about baptism, written in the same time frame as the scriptures, says to baptize using the Trinitarian formula, not just in Jesus name.

This is the exact formula over a billion and a half christians witness everyday.

And "Didache" is  

• The Didache

The Lord's Teaching Through the Twelve Apostles to the Nations.
  •  

Not once is it ever denounced by any Apostle or anyone who came after them, by any ECF.   It was held in the highest esteem in the Early Church by all which is testimony to its authenticity as apostolic.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, SINNERSAVED said:

Those are Christdelphian concepts and contrary to Scripture.  From About.com/Christadelphian.  This sect also denies an eternal hell.

Christadelphian Beliefs and Practices

Distinctive Christadelphian Beliefs

Updated December 14, 2014.

Christadelphians hold several beliefs that differ from traditional Christian denominations. They do not mingle with other Christians, maintaining that they possess the truth and have no interest in ecumenism.

Christadelphian Beliefs

Baptism - Baptism is mandatory, a visible demonstration of repentance and contrition. Christadelphians hold that baptism is the symbolic participation in Christ's sacrifice and resurrection, resulting in forgiveness of sins.

Bible - The 66 books of the Bible are the inerrant, "inspired word of God." Scripture is complete and sufficient for teaching the way to be saved.

Church - The word "ecclesia" is used by Christadelphians instead of church. A Greek word, it is usually translated "church" in English Bibles. It also means "a people called out." Local churches are autonomous.

Clergy - Christadelphians have no paid clergy, nor is there a hierarchical structure in this religion. Elected male volunteers conduct services on a rotating basis. Christadelphians means "Brothers in Christ." Members address each other as "Brother" and "Sister."

Creed - Christadelphian beliefs adhere to no creeds; however they do have a list of 53 "Commandments of Christ," most drawn from his words in Scripture but some from the Epistles.

Death - The soul is not immortal. The dead are in the "sleep of death," a state of unconsciousness. Believers are resurrected at Christ's second coming.

Heaven, Hell - Heaven will be on a restored earth, with God reigning over his people, and Jerusalem as its capital.

Hell does not exist. Amended Christadelphians believe the wicked are annihilated. Unamended Christadelphians believe those "in Christ" will be resurrected to eternal life while the rest will remain unconscious, in the grave.

Holy Spirit - The Holy Spirit is only a force of God in Christadelphian beliefs, because they deny the Trinity doctrine. He is not a distinct Person.

Jesus Christ - Jesus Christ is a man, Christadelphians say, not God. He was the Son of God and salvation requires acceptance of Christ as Lord and Savior. Christadelphians believe that since Jesus died, he cannot be God, because God cannot die.

Satan - Christadelphians reject the doctrine of Satan as the source of evil. They believe God is the source of both good and evil (Isaiah 45:5-7).

Trinity - The Trinity is unbiblical, according to Christadelphian beliefs. God is one and does not exist in three Persons.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Teditis said:

Jeff uses the word ecclesia a lot, are you Christadelphian, Jeff?

It is my understanding that on most Christian forums (including Worthy) anyone who rejects the fundamental Christian doctrines (including that of the Trinity), or promotes false doctrines, cannot be allowed to post where Christians discuss Scripture.  Christadelphians are definitely opposed to fundamental Bible doctrines and are regarded as a cult.

2 minutes ago, Ezra said:

It is my understanding that on most Christian forums (including Worthy) anyone who rejects the fundamental Christian doctrines (including that of the Trinity), or promotes false doctrines, cannot be allowed to post where Christians discuss Scripture.  Christadelphians are definitely opposed to fundamental Bible doctrines and are regarded as a cult.

That is true.  And it's a good policy to have.  They are not necessarily bad people, if they hold to false doctrines, but there is a danger of that false teaching spreading to those who think it's mainstream.  God's Word is not malleable, it can't be revised.

1 hour ago, Teditis said:

Jeff uses the word ecclesia a lot, are you Christadelphian, Jeff?

Actually, 'ecclesia' just means 'group', it doesn't refer to a church or denomination.