IGNORED

Is the doctrine of the Trinity biblical?

JohnD

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  508
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1985

39 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

No.

That is NOT what fundamental Christianity teaches.

There is NOTHING about a "body" in the Trinitarian teaching of Christainity.

•  

No.

That is NOT what the Trinity is.

The Trinity is not 3 divine beings.   That is POLYTHEISM -  MULTIPLE Gods.

This is actually heresy.

The Trinity is ONE DIVINE BEING -  3 DIVINE PERSONS.    

A mystery.

I agree with you for once 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

19 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Another heresy hunter are you?

There is nothing mysterious about this at all.

What was Jesus saying and asking the Father when He prayed to the Father this prayer?

Was He asking the father to jam all Jesus's disciples into one body as you seem to believe Jesus and the Father are?

"And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, THAT THEY MAY BE ONE, AS WE ARE" (John 17:11).

And, "That they MAY BE ONE; as thou, Father art IN ME, and I IN THEE, that they MAY BE ONE IN US: that the world may believe that thou has sent me" (John 17:21).

"And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; THAT THEY MAY BE ONE, even AS WE ARE ONE: I in them, and thou IN ME, that they may be made perfect IN ONE; and that the world may know etc., (John 17:22-23). "And I have declared unto them thy name, and I will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, AND I IN THEM" (John 17:26).

Jesus prayed to the Father to keep His disciples and all His followers "one in unity" as He and the Father were. He never asked the Father to allow all the followers and disciples all to get inside one of them and form "one body" as fundamental Christianity wrongly teaches Jesus and the Father are.

The Word became flesh so He could die for us. As God He could not die as a man He could. The father remained in Heaven the whole time Jesus was on the Earth. It was the Father in Heaven who raised Jesus from the dead. Both the Father and Jesus, 2 beings, sent the Holy Spirit another being to the Earth when Jesus went to Heaven. That's three separate divine being who are nothing more than "one" I unity. They are not omnibody?

To all heresy hunters;

Acts 24:14, "But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:"

Promoting that  The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are 3 individual beings each with their own body, soul and spirit is no different than what Hinduism teaches.

Hinduism has a trinity too:

• The "Trimūrti" (/trɪˈmʊərti/; Sanskrit: त्रिमूर्तिः trimūrti, "three forms") is a concept in Hinduism"in which the cosmic functions of creation, maintenance, and destruction are personified by the forms of Brahma the creator, Vishnu the preserver, and Shiva the destroyer or transformer."

Here are art depictions of the "Trimūrti"

300px-Halebid3.JPG

Trimurti, painting from Andhra Pradesh

250px-Brahma_Vishnu_Mahesh.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trimurti

What you are promoting is multiple Divine Beings  - multiple Gods like Hinduism does.

This is polytheism at its core.

This is not christianity and I will stand against it for all my life.

Guest Thallasa
On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 8:52 PM, SINNERSAVED said:

Hello Ezra, I totally understand the trinity view and what everyone believes of it, I have not denied it,

but as far as teaching others the gospel , why give this trinity lay out, when they need to know Jesus, let them learn of Jesus , and in time they will stumble on to the three different sides of God, or persons, what I am saying is that ,

we complicate witnessing , and sharing Jesus when there is enough to be saved, by knowing Jesus , that was all, for many are taking the gospel into a court , and doctrines of scientific breakdowns , and studies of this and studies of that, when all we need to do , is take baby steps, and learn that Jesus was God and saved us through the cross, by dying and rising again, and we follow a God that is now alive and gives us salvation and truth , ? we need to keep this simple , for the more I watch this debates and topics explode into destructive , un loving debates , to prove ones point over another, and I see that the lost of compassion for one another is on thin ice3, why are we not building from the rock  and the corner stone, ? instead we are building for all to see from the roof down to the floor,

I find a lot of interesting thought and scripture knowledge yes, but , it does not matter if you know the trinity or not , in this stage people need to be repentive surrender and saved , to come to know that Jesus saves,

so when I say its not important, its not vital at this time, for many need  to know Jesus , and why the world Hates Jesus and why we that believe in Jesus are hated and persecuted also , this is the real life, and if we were to come to Jesus today as He calls us home, will all the debates accomplish anything ? we cannot teach others  and instruct others , unless we have compassion to love and share with  a understanding spirit ,

blessings my brother, its always nice to chat and talk with you.

You are right, it is an issue for much later in our journey  .

11 minutes ago, ricky said:

I agree with you for once 

Do we need more smelling salts?   :D

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

1 minute ago, thereselittleflower said:

Do we need more smelling salts?   :D

What?  Is jeff fainting again?  Oh.....it's you, therese!  Well, anything's possible.  I'm pretty sure I agree with you too.  Although I DO need to go back and reread the thread.  Just for clarity. 

Guest Thallasa
On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 4:16 AM, thereselittleflower said:

We must never make the mistake of substituting the written word for the PERSON - THE WORD -  Jesus -  God.

You are correct on this Therese .

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Try and read all these scriptures before you go off and start accusing me of things untrue.

God the Father has a body with bodily parts as we have and this also proves the Father Son and Holy Spirit are not "ONE in body but 'ONE" in unity in all things.

God has a spirit body with bodily parts like a man. This is proved by hundreds of Scriptures that do not need interpretation. God is a Spirit being, infinite, eternal, immutable, self-existent, omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent, invisible, impartial, immortal, absolutly holy, full of wisdom, full of knowledge, and just in all things. God is known in Scripture by over two hundred names. He is describes as being like any other person as to having a body, soul, and spirit (Job 13:8; Heb. 1:3 ;  Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-7). He is a spirit being with a body (Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-6 ; 9-19 ; Exodus 24:11 ;  Ezek. 1:26-28 , Acts 7:54-59 ; Rev. 4:2-4 ; 5:1 ; 5-7 ; 22:4-5), shape (John 5:37), form (Phil. 2:5-7, same Greek word as in Mark 16:12, which refers to bodily form); and an image and likeness of a man (Gen. 1:26 ; 9:6 ; Ezek. 1:26-28 ; 1 Cor. 11:7, Jas. 3:9; Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-6).

He has a heart (Gen. 6:6 ; 8:21). hands and fingers (Exod. 31:18, Psalms 8:3-6, Rev. 5:1 ;  6-7),  Nostrils (Ps. 18:8),  mouth (Num. 12:8), lips and tongue Isa. 30:27, feet (Ezek. 1:27 ; Exodus 24:10); eyes, eyelids, sight (Ps. 11:4 ;  18:24 ; 33:18) ; voice (Ps. 29 ;  Rev. 10:3-4 ; Gen. 1) ; breath (Gen. 2:7) ; ears (Ps. 18:6)  ; head, hair, face, arms (Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-19 ;  Rev. 5:1 ; loins (Ezek. 1:26 ; 28; 8:1-4); bodily presence (Gen. 3:8 ;  18:1-22 ; Job 1:6-12 ; 2:1-7 ;  Exodus 24:10-11  ; and many other bodily parts as required by Him to be a person with a body.

God goes from place to place just like any one else (Gen. 3:8 ; 11:5 ;  18:1-22,  33 ; 19:24 ; 32:24-32 ; 35:13 ;  Zech. 14:5 ;  Titus 2:13). God is omnipresent but not omnibody, that is His presence can be felt everywhere but His body is not everywhere. God wears cloths (Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-19 ;  God eats food (Gen. 18:1-22 ;  Exodus 24:11).

There is not one Scripture in the Bible which states that God is intangible, immaterial, without a body, or bodily parts, and passions except John 4:24, “God is a spirit,” and this certainly does not teach that He is without a body. The difference between Spirit and flesh and bone is substance.

The Word, who became flesh, and is now risen, Jesus, now has a glorified flesh and bone body and the scares to prove it;

Luke 24:39, Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Jesus will carry the wounds forever as a reminder of what He endured to all throughout eternity future!

Zechariah 13:6, And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

And where is Jesus now? He is sitting in His glorified flesh and bone body, along side the Father, at His Fathers right hand, in Heaven;

Mark 16:19, "So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God."

Its doesn't say He is inside the Father because they are omnibody?

And where is the Holy Spirit while Jesus is in Heaven with the Father? Look at this, The Holy Spirit, the third person of the Godhead is on the Earth.

John 14:16, And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Jesus on Earth praying to His Father, Luke 11:12, who was in Heaven. The Father speaking from Heaven about Jesus, Luke 3:22,  who was on the Earth, Jesus returns to The father in Heaven and the Father sends the Holy Spirit, John 14:16,  to the earth.

That makes three separate divine beings. Remember this?

Genesis 1:26, And God said, LET US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Was God talking to Himself? or was He talking to the Word who was in the beginning with God and who was also God, and also the Holy Spirit?

Read all these Scriptures with an open honest heart, asking the Holy Spirit, who has been sent here to the Earth to help and guide us by the Father, who remains in Heaven with Christ sitting at His right hand, until the Father sends Him back to put down all sin and rebellion, and to set up His kingdom, and then, if you do not believe these scriptures, go ahead and call me all the heretics you like.

Guest Thallasa
On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 7:00 AM, Sister said:

Hi Davida

Great insight you have here.  I love hearing this!

Where is the Insight ?   Anyone  can read and quote  , but to have' insight' is to explain and  give meaning  is another thing altogether  .

If reading the bible was all we had to do, would  we not all agree , would there be so many different interprétations ,  including yours on who Jesus is ?

11 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Try and read all these scriptures before you go off and start accusing me of things untrue.

God the Father has a body with bodily parts as we have and this also proves the Father Son and Holy Spirit are not "ONE in body but 'ONE" in unity in all things.

The only thing these scriptures do is reveal how you are misusing them to claim God is actually 3 Gods - and that Christians worship 3 Gods instead of 1 God -  for it is YOUR claim that the Three are THREE individual BEINGS -  each with their own body soul and spirit.

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

The Trinity consists of three divine beings each with their own separate body, soul, and Spirit

This is polytheism, and no amount of twisting of scripture is going to change what you claimed or its polytheistic nature.

What you have claimed is NOT Christian  -  it is Polytheistic just like Hinduism.

What you are promoting is not Christianty, but a polytheistic belief.

Guest Thallasa
On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 0:16 PM, thereselittleflower said:

I'm not following you.

What does Christ's ascension have to do with whether God the Son had a beginning or not?

You are being too nit pickng here, and you are not being led by the Holy Spirit to understand that he knows and undrestands correctly the Trinity ,but expresses in a more coloquial manner .

While some of the others are wrong in their understanding ,Gdmoss is not . See with the Spirit and the heart .