IGNORED

Is the doctrine of the Trinity biblical?

JohnD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, SINNERSAVED said:

are we making a man made doctrine from the trinity and its not in the bible ? you are not to add or take away from the actual word of God, and for this is adding something like saying the rapture ? that you believe in , is it in the bible the word Rapture ?

we tend to get people to learn new words and all the tough words , when Jesus said to keep it real , and keep it simple, for the wise will out smart them selves for they preach gospels that they cannot even enter the kingdom of God, this is scriptural I believe when Jesus is talking to the Pharisees, and it seems really like we have gone back in time, doesn't it ?

Hey SS,

this thread is too long and I'm too sick and lazy to read it all, so would you mind giving me your readers digest version of how you see the godhead so I can ponder it before commenting. Thanks. (I ask because I've read here it sounds like your position is somewhat different, so I want to see for myself.) 

spock

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

My last post on this before I leave.

If there are not three that bare record in Heaven, The Father, The Word, and the Holy Ghost,

John 5:7 "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

Then you all must be right and we can understand many Scriptures like these like this and don't they make a lot of sense?

Since being resurrected by Himself, God the Son, in His glorified flesh and bone body is sitting on His throne, beside HIMSELF on His other throne somehow, in Heaven?

Jesus, while on Earth and after being baptized said to Himself, ventriloquist like; "I am by blessed Son in whom I am well pleased?"

And, whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before myself which is in heaven.

And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but MYSELF which is in heaven.

Here's a good one for you to discipher if you can,

But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither ME, but MYSELF.

In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, MYSELF, Lord of heaven and earth, that I hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, MYSELF; for so it seemed good in MY sight.

Last but not least;

For there are three that bear record in heaven, ME, ME, and the Holy ME: and these three are one.

Guest Thallasa
12 hours ago, Ezra said:

Clearly SinnerSaved rejects the doctrine of the Trinity (as well as several other fundamental doctrines). This thread is not even in the "Controversial Issues" section but in the Defence of the Gospel section. Yet we have naysayers coming along to tell Christians that the doctrine of the Trinity is not a Christian doctrine. But we know from Scripture that it is integral to the Gospel. Proof?

And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:17-20.

Please note:

1. The disciples worshipped him, and when we recall the words of Thomas, he called Christ “My Lord, and my God”. So there we already have two Divine Persons in the Godhead.

2. All power in Heaven and in earth belongs solely to God, but here Christ says that all power in Heaven and in earth has been given to Him.  Therefore He too is God.

3. Believers are to be baptized in the Name (singular, meaning “God”) of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.  Therefore everyone who rejects the doctrine of the Trinity is not a true believer, since he is rejecting true Christian baptism, which can only be in the Name of the triune Godhead.

Thankyou Ezra for a clear post .

Guest Thallasa
10 hours ago, HAZARD said:

My last post on this before I leave.

If there are not three that bare record in Heaven, The Father, The Word, and the Holy Ghost,

John 5:7 "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

Then you all must be right and we can understand many Scriptures like these like this and don't they make a lot of sense?

Since being resurrected by Himself, God the Son, in His glorified flesh and bone body is sitting on His throne, beside HIMSELF on His other throne somehow, in Heaven?

Jesus, while on Earth and after being baptized said to Himself, ventriloquist like; "I am by blessed Son in whom I am well pleased?"

And, whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before myself which is in heaven.

And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but MYSELF which is in heaven.

Here's a good one for you to discipher if you can,

But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither ME, but MYSELF.

In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, MYSELF, Lord of heaven and earth, that I hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, MYSELF; for so it seemed good in MY sight.

Last but not least;

For there are three that bear record in heaven, ME, ME, and the Holy ME: and these three are one.

At last you have it CORRECT . One Being , three ME'S . You must temember God can be everywhere at once ,but we cannot .

God wishes us to relate to these Three aspects of Himself ,  in order to be 'saved ' .

As the Father ,the lawmaker ,as the Son the Saviour , as the Holy Spirit,  the comforter , teacher and protector .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

22 hours ago, Ezra said:

So essentially you are denying that the doctrine of the triune Godhead is a true Bible doctrine?  Is that correct?  If not, kindly affirm that the one true and living God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

I know Jesus said before Abraham was "I AM" and I know what that means. I know that Jesus said, " If you have seen me you have seen me you have seen my Father. I understand man is a vessel and in the flesh (but had no sin) The Lord was truly man containing the Eternal Spirit of the One True God. I also Know "He would be called Wonderful Counselor, Prince of Peace, Everlasting Father, Almighty God. I know that God Said "Let us make man in our image and the Spirit hovered over the Water. I Know Jesus had to go so the Holy Spirit could come to finish His Work. But, I also know believing in the trinity doctrine and fighting with people over words has no promise for salvation attached to it. When I called on Christ to save me all i knew was Romans 10:13 Whosoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. I knew nothing about God. I knew I was in danger of His judgment though. I knew I was Lost, I knew I needed His help. He came in and dwelt with me before I ever heard of the trinity. So It's not believing the trinity or understanding the trinity that saves anyone, The Lord does. No one can teach men "know God" the Lord teaches us from the inside of each of us that belong to him, we become like Him truly sinful flesh covered by His righteousness But sealed and filled by His eternal Spirit  . He puts his word in our heart and reveals truth to us by the counsel of His Spirit within us. No one who has put their faith in Christ will be forsaken. But, I imagine people who put their faith in their knowledge of the trinity and have withheld Christs salvation from men with fights over doctrine and words will be saying "Lord Lord" and hear from Him "depart from me you workers of iniquity on the great and terrible day of the Lord..

In short. Rat poison is 99.4% corn. It is that little bit of poison added to the bait that kills. Satan bates with truth but ads a damnable false belief that has no power to save. Trinity Doctrin has no power to save it is a teaching not the Gospel.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 2/5/2016 at 11:30 AM, Ezra said:

So essentially you are denying that the doctrine of the triune Godhead is a true Bible doctrine?  Is that correct?  If not, kindly affirm that the one true and living God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

"Paganism has hi-jacked christianity and made a religion serving the pagan deity's."    I was not referring to the trinity your refering to.  Even Islam believes in the holy trinity of Father Son and Mary. The pagan system of sun worship had three main aspects: the father, mother, and the son. In ancient Chaldean times, these were the god Bel or Merodach, Ninus the son who was also worshiped as Tammuz, and the female goddess Rhea who was also worshiped as Ishtar, Astarte, or Beltis. She was also referred to as the “queen of heaven,” and the “wrath subduer.”  God actually rebukes Israel for weeping over Tammuz and making cakes to the Queen of heaven. 

Mother and child worship was the basis of the ancient religions. In the various religions of the world, the same system of worship was perpetuated under different names. In Egypt , the mother and child were worshiped as Isis and Osiris or Horus, in India as Isi and Iswara, in China and Japan as the mother goddess Shing-moo with child, in Greece as Ceres or Irene and Plutus, in Rome as Fortuna and Jupitor-puer, or Venus and Adurnis, and in Scandinavia as Frigga and Balder. The mother and child were worshiped in Babylon as Ishtar and Tammuz, and in Phoenicia, as Ashtoreth and Baal. Moreover, the child was worshiped as both husband and son of the mother goddess. 

The male component is a counterfeit of Jesus Christ. The Biblical names used for Jesus were also used for the child in ancient religions. Zoroaster was referred to as the seed, Mithra the Persian sun god was referred to as the Saviour, Dionysus as the sin bearer, Bacchus as the branch, Vishna as the victim man, and Osiris as the king of kings.

We Had Anti-Christs in the world perverting God's plan and posturing as Christ before Christ came.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

6 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

"Paganism has hi-jacked christianity and made a religion serving the pagan deity's."    I was not referring to the trinity your refering to.  Even Islam believes in the holy trinity of Father Son and Mary. The pagan system of sun worship had three main aspects: the father, mother, and the son. In ancient Chaldean times, these were the god Bel or Merodach, Ninus the son who was also worshiped as Tammuz, and the female goddess Rhea who was also worshiped as Ishtar, Astarte, or Beltis. She was also referred to as the “queen of heaven,” and the “wrath subduer.”  God actually rebukes Israel for weeping over Tammuz and making cakes to the Queen of heaven. 

Mother and child worship was the basis of the ancient religions. In the various religions of the world, the same system of worship was perpetuated under different names. In Egypt , the mother and child were worshiped as Isis and Osiris or Horus, in India as Isi and Iswara, in China and Japan as the mother goddess Shing-moo with child, in Greece as Ceres or Irene and Plutus, in Rome as Fortuna and Jupitor-puer, or Venus and Adurnis, and in Scandinavia as Frigga and Balder. The mother and child were worshiped in Babylon as Ishtar and Tammuz, and in Phoenicia, as Ashtoreth and Baal. Moreover, the child was worshiped as both husband and son of the mother goddess. 

The male component is a counterfeit of Jesus Christ. The Biblical names used for Jesus were also used for the child in ancient religions. Zoroaster was referred to as the seed, Mithra the Persian sun god was referred to as the Saviour, Dionysus as the sin bearer, Bacchus as the branch, Vishna as the victim man, and Osiris as the king of kings.

We Had Anti-Christs in the world perverting God's plan and posturing as Christ before Christ came.

Even Islam believes in the holy trinity of Father Son and Mary.

No they don't!

They would be appalled by what you just said!

2 hours ago, Thallasa said:

At last you have it CORRECT . One Being , three ME'S . You must temember God can be everywhere at once ,but we cannot .

God wishes us to relate to these Three aspects of Himself ,  in order to be 'saved ' .

As the Father ,the lawmaker ,as the Son the Saviour , as the Holy Spirit,  the comforter , teacher and protector .

No, he doesn't have it correct.

He has clearly stated before there are THREE BEINGS.

He promotes polytheism as a christian belief.

What he promotes is not christian.

I feel I need to clarify something in what you said.

God does not have "three aspects"

God is not three divine aspects.

God is THREE DIVINE PERSONS,  ONE BEING.

1 hour ago, Reinitin said:

I know Jesus said before Abraham was "I AM" and I know what that means. I know that Jesus said, " If you have seen me you have seen me you have seen my Father. I understand man is a vessel and in the flesh (but had no sin) The Lord was truly man containing the Eternal Spirit of the One True God. I also Know "He would be called Wonderful Counselor, Prince of Peace, Everlasting Father, Almighty God. I know that God Said "Let us make man in our image and the Spirit hovered over the Water. I Know Jesus had to go so the Holy Spirit could come to finish His Work. But, I also know believing in the trinity doctrine and fighting with people over words has no promise for salvation attached to it. When I called on Christ to save me all i knew was Romans 10:13 Whosoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. I knew nothing about God. I knew I was in danger of His judgment though. I knew I was Lost, I knew I needed His help. He came in and dwelt with me before I ever heard of the trinity. So It's not believing the trinity or understanding the trinity that saves anyone, The Lord does. No one can teach men "know God" the Lord teaches us from the inside of each of us that belong to him, we become like Him truly sinful flesh covered by His righteousness But sealed and filled by His eternal Spirit  . He puts his word in our heart and reveals truth to us by the counsel of His Spirit within us. No one who has put their faith in Christ will be forsaken. But, I imagine people who put their faith in their knowledge of the trinity and have withheld Christs salvation from men with fights over doctrine and words will be saying "Lord Lord" and hear from Him "depart from me you workers of iniquity on the great and terrible day of the Lord..

In short. Rat poison is 99.4% corn. It is that little bit of poison added to the bait that kills. Satan bates with truth but ads a damnable false belief that has no power to save. Trinity Doctrin has no power to save it is a teaching not the Gospel.

The Trinity teaching is indeed included in the Gospel.

The Gospel is the Good News.

The Good News is GOD BECAME MAN.  

How did God become man?

The Good News is God the Son, The Word, Who was With God and Is God,  Became Man, Became INCARNATE in the Virgin Mary, and was MADE MAN. 

The Good News is God the Son, The Word, Who was With God and IS God, who was made Man, being Incarnate in the Virgin Mary, lived among us, taught us, then SUFFERED, DIED and WAS BURIED and on the THIRD DAY ROSE AGAIN FROM THE GRAVE AND ASCENDED INTO HEAVEN.

One cannot divorce the TRINITY from the Gospel without chopping the Gospel into pieces.

6 minutes ago, Davida said:

Thank you & Shalom Sister! I believe it strongly and perceive the attack on GOD'S Word being done all around us.  If we allow the corruption of the Word of God to stand uncontested  , then how will others receive God's blessing to be able to hear GOD'S Word and be saved?  God's Word is not where confusion & error are found, because GOD'S Word is neither.  I'm not surprised by the detractor. 

Romans10:17 "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

One must be careful that one does not confuse the written word with The Word, the 2nd Person of the Trinity, God.   If one does so, one could be engaging in treating a physical object, a book with pages and letters printed on those pages, as God.

That would be idolatry.