• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, n2thelight said:

Thanks for the help Sis.....

;)  Scripture says you are correct on this issue regarding Christ's resurrected body! 

• Group:  Royal Member

4 hours ago, thereselittleflower said:

So what happened to Jesus' human body when he rose from the dead?

And where do you get he was raised to spirit?  Jesus said:

•  Luke 24:39

Jesus Appears to the Disciples
    36While they were telling these things, He Himself stood in their midst and said to them, "Peace be to you." 37But they were startled and frightened and thought that they were seeing a spirit.  38And He said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? 39"See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have." 40And when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet.

So Jesus denies he is spirit, but has a physical body made of flesh and bones that can be touched.

therese,

I got it from this scripture I gave you

1 Corinthians 15:44   It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Does it say we will be raised into a flesh body?

Christ is the firstborn of the dead, the first man resurrected.  He was not brought back to life like Lazarus in "the flesh" only to die again, he was raised Spirit, this is different.

Now would it make sense to say that 1 Corinthians is teaching us something? 

If Christ was raised in a "flesh body", and then we get raised into "a spiritual body", then did God forget to give Christ that same glory?  Was he raised lower than man?  or do we follow after his order? 

Does it make sense that we will have spiritual bodies, but be serving Christ who is still flesh and bone?  Who never changed? but we will?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,119
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

4 hours ago, Sister said:

Therese

Of course Christ's body is no longer a human body.  He was raised to spirit.

1 Corinthians 15:44   It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Both the natural and the spiritual bodies of Christ are human. How else could we have been made in his image?

Our natural body will be "quickened" (to use that good King Jamesian word) in the resurrection, but it will still exist.

The tomb was empty: He took his body with Him. That body was raised to a higher state, but it still exists, and can be manifested by Him at any time in the natural form. As He so showed his disciples a number of times.

And where do you get he was raised to spirit?  Jesus said:

•  Luke 24:39

Jesus Appears to the Disciples
    36While they were telling these things, He Himself stood in their midst and said to them, "Peace be to you." 37But they were startled and frightened and thought that they were seeing a spirit.  38And He said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? 39"See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have." 40And when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet.

So Jesus denies he is spirit, but has a physical body made of flesh and bones that can be touched.

therese

Hang on a second, didn't you say this earlier;

Just because angels can appear like men, doesn't make them men. ;)    Just because those who called them men didn't understand they weren't men, doesn't make them men.

So Jesus cannot do the same?  He cannot change himself into flesh so that they can recognise that it is him?  I believe he really did change into flesh so that they could see him, but that wasn't his true form, just like the angels did.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

31 minutes ago, Sister said:

;)  Scripture says you are correct on this issue regarding Christ's resurrected body! 

There is a difference in his resurrected body and his ascended body

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

3 hours ago, n2thelight said:

Theresa 

Where did Christ go when He died,and where was His flesh body at the same time?

Christ body (flesh )as was written could not see corruption, meaning it would not decay.. He could have left His flesh body in the tomb. He shows us what happens at death from what Paul taught. We shall not all sleep but we shall be changed.. 

You have said:

• "Yet Christ isn'nt coming back as a man,"

" He's coming back as Christ He won't need a body to posses, "

"Christ is not coming back as a flesh man"

"[He's coming back] In the same body He was in before being born of woman"

" Christ was transfigured when He returned to Heaven...It's the same change that happens to those alive at His return "

"Christ did not return to Heaven in a flesh body,and He's not returning in one"  " Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom,that's why we all must be changed. "

",He was transfigured ...  Don't know about bones,but no to the flesh"

There are several problems with your statements.  Your method of speaking is ambiguous.    You use words and leave the meaning open to interpretation.  When  someone tries to clarify what you mean exactly, you evade the questions.

A prime example is  after that last statement I asked you about where you say "he was transfigured" it is obvious we are talking about after his death, but then you obfuscate by quoting an event that happened during the feast of booths when Moses and Elijah appeared and the disciples witnessed the transfiguration.  

That DOES NOT answer my question and all it does is serve to sow confusion.

When I expose this is what you did, and ask you again, you obfuscate some more.

And you have ignored my followup question to you:

I'm going to ask you again

Why are you being so deliberately evasive?

When was Jesus transfigured AFTER he died?

2 hours ago, other one said:

There is a difference in his resurrected body and his ascended body

Where do you get that from?

2 hours ago, Sister said:

therese

Hang on a second, didn't you say this earlier;

So Jesus cannot do the same?  He cannot change himself into flesh so that they can recognise that it is him?  I believe he really did change into flesh so that they could see him, but that wasn't his true form, just like the angels did.

Are you a gnostic?  Do you believe the physical world is evil?  Do you believe the human body is evil and cannot be redeemed?

2 hours ago, Sister said:

therese,

I got it from this scripture I gave you

Does it say we will be raised into a flesh body?

Christ is the firstborn of the dead, the first man resurrected.  He was not brought back to life like Lazarus in "the flesh" only to die again, he was raised Spirit, this is different.

Now would it make sense to say that 1 Corinthians is teaching us something? 

If Christ was raised in a "flesh body", and then we get raised into "a spiritual body", then did God forget to give Christ that same glory?  Was he raised lower than man?  or do we follow after his order? 

Does it make sense that we will have spiritual bodies, but be serving Christ who is still flesh and bone?  Who never changed? but we will?

A "spiritual body" does not mean we discard our human bodies.

It means our human bodies are redeemed and changed, but they are still human bodies.   

We do not lose our humanity by becoming Christians. 

Our humanity is redeemed, BODY and SOUL.

This is why our bodies are resurrected.   They are not left behind.  THEY ARE REDEEMED.

Romans 8:18-25

• I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God; for the creation was subjected to futility, not of its own will but by the will of him who subjected it in hope; because the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and obtain the glorious liberty of the children of God. We know that the whole creation has been groaning in travail together until now; and not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the first fruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.

Jesus did not leave His human body behind either.  The body Jesus has in heaven is fully human.

The 'spiritual body' Christ was raised with has flesh and bones just as He said it does and demonstrated to his disciples it does.

This fully human, 'spiritual body' Christ was raised with, the same body he died with, that still had flesh and bones, could pass through walls, appear and disappear at will, etc.

4 hours ago, n2thelight said:

Theresa 

Where did Christ go when He died,and where was His flesh body at the same time?

Christ body (flesh )as was written could not see corruption, meaning it would not decay.. He could have left His flesh body in the tomb. He shows us what happens at death from what Paul taught. We shall not all sleep but we shall be changed.. 

He absolutely could NOT leave his body in the tomb.

That is a gnostic belief.