• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

@thereselittleflower

Thanks for the concern,however,I don't do astrology like that.Man corrupted it long ago...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

1 hour ago, n2thelight said:

@thereselittleflower

Thanks for the concern,however,I don't do astrology like that.Man corrupted it long ago...

Well I just want you to know I am concerned.  Though you might not be doing astrology like that, I fear it is still astrology just of a different type.

A dear friend of mine from years ago was an elderly pastor at the Four Square Church I belonged to.  She was a wonderful, gentle person, very truthful and very trustworthy.    She introduced me to the joys of Farrell's hot fudge sundays and french fries. lol

In one of our conversations over said hot fudge sundays and fries, she told me that in understanding that satan mimics the things of God, counterfeits them, she could see what all the tings of satan were counterfeits of.   But she couldn't figure out what astrology was a counterfeit of.    So she went to God in prayer and asked God to show her.

The Lord answered her and this is what happened:

She had a vision -  she saw a wheel with spokes, like on a covered wagon.   There were twelves spaces.   Each space had a name.  Each name was a name of the zodiac.    Above each name was the face of a demon.  The Lord told her that the purpose of the  Zodiac was to counterfeit our being conformed to the image of Christ.   In astrology, it is the demon's purpose to conform those born in the time period of the zodiac under his control into his own image.

From that point, any time someone asked her what sign she was born under, she said  "The sign of the cross."

IMHO, astrology in any form is dangerous and the plaything of demons.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,119
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

Gen. 1:14 Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and appointed times/moadim, and for days and years.

If God created the lights of heaven to be for signs and appointed times, who are we to question him?

Should we believe the traditions of the rabbinate and the ecclesiastics to be superior to the words of Scripture?

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

14 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

The word 'incarnation' means birth.  REINCARNATION means a second birth as in the pagan idea of coming back in the 'next life' as  something else or someone else.

Yes that's true.  The word is not in my bible so I looked up where it came from.  From the Latin.

1 hour ago, WilliamL said:

Gen. 1:14 Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and appointed times/moadim, and for days and years.

If God created the lights of heaven to be for signs and appointed times, who are we to question him?

Should we believe the traditions of the rabbinate and the ecclesiastics to be superior to the words of Scripture?

What does that mean - "for signs" ?

Does that mean "for the gospel"  ?

Does that mean  "God's written word"  ?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

12 hours ago, n2thelight said:

@thereselittleflower

Astrology is of the occult, my friend.  There is no way to sugar coat that one.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,041
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

37 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Perhaps the intended reference being made is regarding the Biblical storyline being able to be seen in the constellations. Plus, there can be no successful argument made that astronomy is not indeed mention in the scriptures.

Job 9:9 - Who makes the Bear, Orion and the Pleiades, And the chambers of the south;

Job 38:31 - Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades, Or loose the cords of Orion?

Psalm 147:4 - He determines the number of the stars; He gives to all of them their names.

Jeremiah 10:12 - He hath made the earth by His power, He hath established the world by His wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by His discretion.

Amos 5:8 - He who made the Pleiades and Orion and changes deep darkness into morning, Who also darkens day into night, Who calls for the waters of the sea And pours them out on the surface of the earth, The LORD is His name.

For true astrology is a indeed a corruption of the biblical storyline into a whole different interpretation and worship of false gods and celestial bodies that determines and affects one’s destiny and daily events.

Many people frequently make the mistake of using “astrology” and “astronomy” synonymously. If n2thelight indeed means “astrology” I too would be interested in clarification of the its scriptural implication being implied.

4 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

I completely agree. 

It's a very enticing system  -  the desire to know the future is so enticing it is easy for satan to come in as an angel of light to deceive. 

Christians aren't immune from deception.  Christians who want to know the future badly enough open the door to being enticed and led away.  This I fear is one of those ways.

A preoccupation with the future is never a good thing or a healthy thing.  In fact, it is so dangerous that  Jesus told us how to handle it, and he didn't tell us to look in hidden places for knowledge.

This is what Jesus told us to do:

• Mat 6:25

Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

Tools specific to Mat 6:26

copyChkboxOff.gif Mat 6:26

Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

Tools specific to Mat 6:27

copyChkboxOff.gif Mat 6:27

Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

Tools specific to Mat 6:28

copyChkboxOff.gif Mat 6:28

And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

Tools specific to Mat 6:29

copyChkboxOff.gif Mat 6:29

And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Tools specific to Mat 6:30

copyChkboxOff.gif Mat 6:30

Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

Tools specific to Mat 6:31

copyChkboxOff.gif Mat 6:31

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

Tools specific to Mat 6:32

copyChkboxOff.gif Mat 6:32

(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

Tools specific to Mat 6:33

copyChkboxOff.gif Mat 6:33

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Tools specific to Mat 6:34

copyChkboxOff.gif Mat 6:34

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

3 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

I completely agree. 

It's a very enticing system  -  the desire to know the future is so enticing it is easy for satan to come in as an angel of light to deceive. 

Christians aren't immune from deception.  Christians who want to know the future badly enough open the door to being enticed and led away.  This I fear is one of those ways.

A preoccupation with the future is never a good thing or a healthy thing.  In fact, it is so dangerous that  Jesus told us how to handle it, and he didn't tell us to look in hidden places for knowledge.

This is what Jesus told us to do:

• Mat 6:25

Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

Tools specific to Mat 6:26

copyChkboxOff.gif Mat 6:26

Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

Tools specific to Mat 6:27

copyChkboxOff.gif Mat 6:27

Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

Tools specific to Mat 6:28

copyChkboxOff.gif Mat 6:28

And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

Tools specific to Mat 6:29

copyChkboxOff.gif Mat 6:29

And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Tools specific to Mat 6:30

copyChkboxOff.gif Mat 6:30

Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

Tools specific to Mat 6:31

copyChkboxOff.gif Mat 6:31

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

Tools specific to Mat 6:32

copyChkboxOff.gif Mat 6:32

(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

Tools specific to Mat 6:33

copyChkboxOff.gif Mat 6:33

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Tools specific to Mat 6:34

copyChkboxOff.gif Mat 6:34

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Good Scripture there, Therese.  I think that says it all. 

3 hours ago, BlindSeeker said:

Perhaps the intended reference being made is regarding the Biblical storyline being able to be seen in the constellations. Plus, there can be no successful argument made that astronomy is not indeed mention in the scriptures.

Job 9:9 - Who makes the Bear, Orion and the Pleiades, And the chambers of the south;

Job 38:31 - Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades, Or loose the cords of Orion?

Psalm 147:4 - He determines the number of the stars; He gives to all of them their names.

Jeremiah 10:12 - He hath made the earth by His power, He hath established the world by His wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by His discretion.

Amos 5:8 - He who made the Pleiades and Orion and changes deep darkness into morning, Who also darkens day into night, Who calls for the waters of the sea And pours them out on the surface of the earth, The LORD is His name.

For true astrology is a indeed a corruption of the biblical storyline into a whole different interpretation and worship of false gods and celestial bodies that determines and affects one’s destiny and daily events.

Many people frequently make the mistake of using “astrology” and “astronomy” synonymously. If n2thelight indeed means “astrology” I too would be interested in clarification of the its scriptural implication being implied.

I think you're saying pretty much the same thing as me.  The way I see it, Seeker, is that the heavens are God's bill boards; they are not meant to be occultic soothsaying tools.