thereselittleflower

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

Most people in the world, in the usa, joining forums, are subject to pride.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

Just now, simplejeff said:

Most people in the world, in the usa, joining forums, are subject to pride.

Yes, pretty much everyone.  It's something we have to ask the Lord to take away from us.  I struggle with it constantly. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,391
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

36 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:
44 minutes ago, Vendtre said:

Sorry about the messed up quotes, this software is not very forgiving

I had an HSA, but under the new laws they are almost unworkable.

I could pay a fine, but that would be very poor judgement when there is no possible gain from the fine.  At least insurance has a purpose.

Yes, pretty much everyone.  It's something we have to ask the Lord to take away from us.  I struggle with it constantly. 

unless your insurance is less than mine, there is a huge difference in the price.   If you are trusting the Lord to keep you from disaster why would you spend so much more money on something you don't need.

My point is, storing up extra food, weapons and ammo is no different than having insurance and keeping extra money in the bank for emergencies.   Personally I like the idea of having a half dozed guns to use for different things, food for about 90 days as Homeland Security suggests and enough ammo to start a small war......   cause I practice shooting often so I can hit what I aim at, be it a Rabbit, a Deer or a crazed person on Meth who thinks he can take advantage with my wife, or just come in the house to tear it up as happens.....    or some jihadist that wants to use me as an object lesson for some deranged religion.

We live in a dangerous world in most places and I see good people hurt and killed every day....   good Christian people who one would think God would not let anything happen to them....    so tell me....    what am I doing wrong?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.67
  • Days Won:  37

1 hour ago, Vendtre said:

For health care I would prefer a more flexable Health Savings account to insurance as it is today.

I would carry only liability for my car to defend against lawsuits.

But you would prepare in some way for contingencies - even if you would never have to avail yourself of those preparations, or in any significant manner.

And that's the point.

You would not totally be without insurance of all kinds.

You would have SOME kind of preparation.So it seems very hypocritical to prepare for some unknowns like this but this look down at others who would prepare for other unknowns.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,420
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  4

6 minutes ago, other one said:

unless your insurance is less than mine, there is a huge difference in the price.   If you are trusting the Lord to keep you from disaster why would you spend so much more money on something you don't need.

My point is, storing up extra food, weapons and ammo is no different than having insurance and keeping extra money in the bank for emergencies.   Personally I like the idea of having a half dozed guns to use for different things, food for about 90 days as Homeland Security suggests and enough ammo to start a small war......   cause I practice shooting often so I can hit what I aim at, be it a Rabbit, a Deer or a crazed person on Meth who thinks he can take advantage with my wife, or just come in the house to tear it up as happens.....    or some jihadist that wants to use me as an object lesson for some deranged religion.

We live in a dangerous world in most places and I see good people hurt and killed every day....   good Christian people who one would think God would not let anything happen to them....    so tell me....    what am I doing wrong?

Hey, if you are happy then I guess you are doing nothing wrong.  More power to you! 

3 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

But you would prepare in some way for contingencies - even if you would never have to avail yourself of those preparations, or in any significant manner.

And that's the point.

You would not totally be without insurance of all kinds.

You would have SOME kind of preparation.So it seems very hypocritical to prepare for some unknowns like this but this look down at others who would prepare for other unknowns.

I see it as matter of magnitude.  

Most people lock their doors at night, this is fairly benign thing to do.  Others have 6 locks, a bar, security camera and more.  While they are both keeping their house safe they are not really on the same level.

I prepare for contingencies, I do not obsess over the bad things that could happen to me on a day to day basis.  There are about a 1000 things more likely to happen to you in a day than being the victim of a terrorist attack in this country.  Yet people don't seem to fret about them.  

Look back through history, there is always a "bad guy" that is pointed to in an effort to cause fear because with fear comes control.  Is the Islam menace of today really any diffent than the red menace of a couple generations ago?

As long as I have been old enough to read and listen to the radio people have been predicting the fall of the economic system and world wide chaos or the attack of some enemy that will end our way of life as we know it.  They have been wrong 100% of the time so far.  

I do not understand why people keep buying into it.

1 minute ago, Vendtre said:

I see it as matter of magnitude.  

Most people lock their doors at night, this is fairly benign thing to do.  Others have 6 locks, a bar, security camera and more.  While they are both keeping their house safe they are not really on the same level.

I p

you put up cameras when you have two six thousand dollar boat motors stolen in one year....   then you can get felony convictions when they come back and take your generator...

You either put in a security system when the year before someone breaks into your neighbors house and rapes and beats the woman of the house.    I would agree that six locks is a bit over the edge....   I don't see anyone here going to that level.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

11 minutes ago, Vendtre said:

Is the Islam menace of today really any diffent than the red menace of a couple generations ago?

Yes.

Did the red menace bring down 2 skyscrapers or hijack 3 planes and killed thousands in the us? 

Did the red menace threaten and carry out plans to shoot/bomb or kill americans on american soil? 

Did this country turn a blind eye to the red menace the way it does to islam?

53 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Yes.

Did the red menace bring down 2 skyscrapers or hijack 3 planes and killed thousands in the us? 

Did the red menace threaten and carry out plans to shoot/bomb or kill americans on american soil? 

Did this country turn a blind eye to the red menace the way it does to islam?

A blind eye?

a leading candidate for president is running on a platform of banning Muslims from entering the county.

We have invaded 2 Muslim countries and we have launched 6000 plus air strike/bombing missions against them in the last year.

Our drones have killed hundreds and many are being harassed in this country.

The last hospital I worked at had a Muslim cardiac surgeon.  While I was there at least 3 patients I know of personally asked for a different Doctor become they could not trust "one of them".

4 minutes ago, Vendtre said:

A blind eye?

a leading candidate for president is running on a platform of banning Muslims from entering the county.

We have invaded 2 Muslim countries and we have launched 6000 plus air strike/bombing missions against them in the last year.

Our drones have killed hundreds and many are being harassed in this country.

The last hospital I worked at had a Muslim cardiac surgeon.  While I was there at least 3 patients I know of personally asked for a different Doctor become they could not trust "one of them".

Just because my government is run by idiots does not mean I should trust them with my well being....   you just give me much more reasons not to trust them at all.

And why did we do those air strides there....   because after we got rid of Saddam, they started killing each other.....   just like Michael Gorbachev said would happen in the Balkans when they left the area....

I would agree with you that we had no business taking out Saddam....   but he refused a Rothschild central bank and he had to go....    same as Gaddafi and Assad, and some day Iran, Cuba and North Korea.....   you know....   all the places we are having trouble with.....   isn't that a coincidence.