LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

The tone of this thread is why Worthy has lost many good posters and why it has all but lost it's salt. 

Let me be clear. I think that if someone posted a question or comes to you with a question about what you think of a book, movie, music or whatever else; then by all means tell them what you think. If they don't want your answer they should not ask you the question. But what I am talking about is you going into someone's home and seeing a book on their table or a movie and going off on them accusing them of not fully following Christ because of it. I feel it would be better to ask them why they feel okay with it. Not everyone see the same thing in the same way.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

LadyKay,  IF you go to their house for the sake of the GOSPEL/ GOOD NEWS/ as a representative of Yahweh's Kingdom((i.e. as a true believer following Jesus))

then it is simple: tell them what the Father in Heaven says to say.   period.   

That might be as you said , ask them why they feel okay with it; and be ready to show reason from Scripture why carnal and worldly and idolatry is not becoming for a Christian's home. ((IF they want to know )).

Usually, though, as Jesus says "IF I AM LIFTED UP" 

i.e. talk about Jesus and His grace and Mercy and Judgment of sin and FORGIVENESS by HIS BLOOD.

Not about all the things that He calls us out of. That's later.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

15 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Let me be clear. I think that if someone posted a question or comes to you with a question about what you think of a book, movie, music or whatever else; then by all means tell them what you think. If they don't want your answer they should not ask you the question. But what I am talking about is you going into someone's home and seeing a book on their table or a movie and going off on them accusing them of not fully following Christ because of it. I feel it would be better to ask them why they feel okay with it. Not everyone see the same thing in the same way.

God is always first in a Christian's life. We read the Bible and we do what God wants us to do. We give our heart,life and mind to Christ and He is in the driver's seat of our lives. All of what we do on this earth will be judged in the Bema Seat/Judgment seat of Christ. It is a choice. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

39 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Let me be clear.  

Now, that should be a real sin: Saying, "Let me (ahem) be clear" You sound too much like Obama (LOL)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

That is what it's all about Lady listening to what God is saying to us.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

I think I may have misunderstood, LK.  I thought you meant discussion here on this site.  If someone comes into your home and sees a book or video they don't approve of....they need to keep their mouths shut and mind their own business.  If someone did that to me they wouldn't be invited back.  Unless they were a family member; in that case I would inform them that it was no concern of theirs.  i would NEVER assume I had the right to say any such thing to anyone while in their home.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

52 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I think I may have misunderstood, LK.  I thought you meant discussion here on this site.  If someone comes into your home and sees a book or video they don't approve of....they need to keep their mouths shut and mind their own business.  If someone did that to me they wouldn't be invited back.  Unless they were a family member; in that case I would inform them that it was no concern of theirs.  i would NEVER assume I had the right to say any such thing to anyone while in their home.

yeah especially the ones who are packing :blink: 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, LadyKay said:

But what I am talking about is you going into someone's home and seeing a book on their table or a movie and going off on them accusing them of not fully following Christ because of it. 

Christians must not be busybodies, or give unsolicited advice.  At the same time we are commanded to be forbearing with one another, and go easy on the weak-minded (1 Cor 5:14).

But if someone asks "Would this be acceptable?" then that's a different matter. Also, in some things, Christian liberty does apply.  Discernment is a huge necessity, and too often Christians lack discernment.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

There would be nothing for anyone to criticize if they came into my home.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,711
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

There is a fine line between a rant, and someone sharing their opinions. Someone telling you that you or something your doing is wrong, is not a rant. 

Incidentally you are now ranting about others rants. So, what am I supposed to do, take your advice and ignore your rant?